User Tag List

Page 26 of 1960 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 526 1026 ... LastLast
Like Tree118576Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

walks, both my son and husband have already have rounds of colds, so I guess I'm lucky I haven't been caught until now.
    However, a cold for me often moves into something more horrible like bronchitis, so I have to be really careful because I have such a crap immune system and am prone to infections.
    And, yes, I'm doing all I can to boost my immunity! Chicken soup is cooking now - and it makes the whole house smell so amazing, hard to wait until supper to have it!
    So I'm just waiting for that to boil another 15 min or so, going to have some lunch (which I don't feel like but have to have something), then a lie-down for a bit.

It's a bit cooler than it has been, but still lovely. Once in a while big chunks of snow fall, which is really quite beautiful.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

2 more days work tues and wed but I might not be there much longer. The head office is going to introduce a new computerized system that only schedules part time staff when the system thinks the store will be busy. So I could go down to 12 hours a week. Anyway fri going with my cousin and his family for my aunts birthday.
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    2 more days work tues and wed but I might not be there much longer. The head office is going to introduce a new computerized system that only schedules part time staff when the system thinks the store will be busy. So I could go down to 12 hours a week. Anyway fri going with my cousin and his family for my aunts birthday.
    Oh, crap, what a bummer, Cabbie. If it's not one thing it's another....I hope you still get lots of hours; people just start all their decorating and painting in the spring! Should be busy then, right?
    Have fun at your Aunt's b'day!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Snow day...

I'm glad I did all my shopping yesterday.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning Fam.
    Not so great end to the work day yesterday all the way through to this morning.

I was going to try and keep this post short, but upon finishing my rant and reading back through it, I see that's not possible... please read at your leisure (or skip to the end for the usual "greeting to all"), and bear in mind I am still fuming and have yet to have this issue resolved. I am meeting with my in office advisor (someone who is in a separate department, having little interaction with my day to day dealings with the majority of people I work with, but does have a great deal of knowledge into the level and quality of work I produce and should be producing)

I left the office last night, royally p*ssed off due to an impromptu multi-departmental meeting that was supposed to meant to "identify how to increase the office efficiency regarding the projects that go out of this office."
    I was completely caught off guard since I wasn't initially invited to the meeting, and to be honest I felt bullied and bombarded. I spent the evening and most of the remainder of my night stewing and fuming about what had happened. I did gain my composure enough to sit down and compose my notes for a discussion with my advisor this morning. Didn't manage to sleep much last night, because it was honestly bugging me that much.

I was told that instead of creating individualized documents/reports for our clients, that I should be creating a standardized master template that anyone on our office could used to modify and issue to clients on their own. I, "wasn't being efficient enough in my use of company time and sticking to budgets laid out for me."

My role IS to provide individualized documents to clients. I have a certain Quality Control process I need to adhere to, and a level of Duty or Care to provide a client when I create a document for them.
    What is the point of having me in the office, to create standardized forms so that some temp. in the office could theoretically fill out a few line in a document, regarding a project they have clue about, and send it off to a client? I am not some monkey hired to sit at a typewriter with strict instructions out forms for people. You hired me in order to say to the clients that, "we have this service offered in house, and that the quality of what you're getting is above and beyond what you'd get at another office." Don't go and undermined that, and undermined me by telling me that what I'm doing is a waste of company time and resources if you're not going to push this service to clients and be sure to include my work in the fee proposals for projects.

Not to drag this post out any longer, but there are still so many other unresolved issued with what was brought up and how things are run. That's a complete other rant, and i won't get into that.
    If my post seemed a tad back and forth with my points, I apologize, still quite PO'ed.
    I'm going to have my morning coffee, re-read my notes from last night, and wait for this morning's meeting with my advisor.

Have a wonderful morning everyone. still Mild out, so enjoy it!
    Back later, probably, with an update.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gee, Dan, sure hope that all gets resolved to your satisfaction. You deserve better!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Got my talking points across, and my advisor agreed with 90% of my points.
    He's going to set up a sit down, with he, myself and the department managers who 'bullied' me, for a discussion of all my points.
    We will bring up the issues with the Principals of the Firm should it come to that.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    Sure hope you can get all that crap at work resolved soon Dan!Name:  289870-Tuesday-Enjoy-It.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  92.2 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi everyone Happy 2017 Hope everyone have a great start.
    Would like to join u all in this thread. Have a great day

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Welcome aboard, flemeth!

Dan, what a s#:tty way to treat a valued employee! I am glad you have a process to present your ideas on the subject. I am glad you are "angry" and not self-doubting. If they've been given the task to cut back costs, perhaps you might have some suggestions for them - some that maintain the quality of the product and the reputation of the company.

Any OTHER companies that would be interested in your expertise?
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Snow day...

I'm glad I did all my shopping yesterday.
    Wow, Penguin, you sure are getting the weather! Any good movies on? A nice cuppa would, of course, be appropriate. Do you have any nice chocolate digestive biscuits?
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, DAN, what an attack on your important contributions to that company! It seems that every so often someone in a position of power decides it's their responsibility to propose a 'really good idea' and just push their own not well thought out agenda onto their staff. It's like they feel that their positions are so tenuous that they have to qualify their own presence, and their bosses rubber stamp before thinking them through! I've seen it time and time again over my years of employment.

You're doing it right, keep your cool and remind them of their own promises to their clients. It's as different as going to a financial advisor who punches numbers into a computer form and, ta-da, presents a client with a plan, and a financial planner who takes days to work out a financial plan that takes into account every aspect of their lives present and future with all their individual needs and nuances . I know how hard our DD works for her clients but thank goodness banks understand the differences that YOUR company obviously has lost track of.

Good luck, DAN!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 24th, 2017 at 10:57 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just a morning smile for you all...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Fluffeee kitties!

Way to go, dan!

Page 26 of 1960 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 526 1026 ... LastLast

Thread Information