User Tag List

Page 259 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 257 258 259 260 261 269 309 359 759 1259 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 29342
Like Tree118505Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quick Good Morning! FROM CAMP, WIFI CAN BE GLITCHY ESP WITH THE THUNDERBOOMERS WE'VE HAD OVERNIGHT. IT'S CLEAR NOW, BUT WOW, WHAT MAY BE ON THE HORIZON FROM Thunder Bay!
    Oops didn't mean to cap. all that.
    @Natalka , oh my good heavens, it sure is pouring on you two right now! Looks like your DH is going to need lots of tlc as he gets through this; hope you're continuing to improve more each day.
    @Darth Penguin , I hope that little black cloud that followed you around yesterday has disappeared!

Have as good a day as possible, everyone, shake off any lingering clouds and enjoy your weekend!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! Up early this morning. Off to BrotherR' s temp home to meet with the occupational therapist to analyse his new digs. She adjusted things and requested a different lounge chair for him as she didn't like the "rocking" aspect of the current one. They immediately switched it up with a chair that automatically stands him up. So happy with the service! I had lunch with him -fish and chips - they were very good.

Then checked out a consignment shop that I had dropped into the other day. I brought the cushion from my other chair to see how it looked. Trick is that there are 2 chairs that are a set. A "ladies" and a "gentleman's" chair and right now they won't separate them at this point. There is another woman who has expressed an interest in the "ladies" chair and I want the "gentleman's" chair because it has arms. They are very classy-lime green velour- perfect match for the varied green/beige/grey chair that my brother will use.
    They have agreed that if we are both serious, that they will separate the two. It is expensive but a bit of a treat for me.

Well I'm off to meet my friend for for supper.

So -a busy day with a rest in the middle.

Best wishes to your DH as he undergoes his surgery, Nat.

Will b back later.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Something weird from when I was a kid. I don't remember exact age but maybe around 12. I was walking on the second floor of square one mall in Mississauga. I was walking slowly with my hand on the railing. There was another kid walking really slow towards me also with his hand on the railing that looked just like me. We both were staring at each other and kinda stopped like we both couldn't believe what we were seeing. I was kinda freaked out for a moment and turned my head for 1 second and when I turned back around the other kid was nowhere in sight. There were no other kids in that direct area and I didn't see a kid walking or running away. My cousin was like have you ever heard of a mirror. I said hey dummy lol, if it were a mirror when I turned back around I would have still seen myself. What does anyone think of this lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Something weird from when I was a kid. I don't remember exact age but maybe around 12. I was walking on the second floor of square one mall in Mississauga. I was walking slowly with my hand on the railing. There was another kid walking really slow towards me also with his hand on the railing that looked just like me. We both were staring at each other and kinda stopped like we both couldn't believe what we were seeing. I was kinda freaked out for a moment and turned my head for 1 second and when I turned back around the other kid was nowhere in sight. There were no other kids in that direct area and I didn't see a kid walking or running away. My cousin was like have you ever heard of a mirror. I said hey dummy lol, if it were a mirror when I turned back around I would have still seen myself. What does anyone think of this lol.
    Google "autoscopic doubles", @cabmonk ...what a neat experience that must have been!!

A lovely day at camp with one thunderstorm floating thru but not staying very long.
    Lots of campers here for "Countryfest" on the island...the bussed people will be arriving later and we'll hear them, lol...but not for long, it's quiet time at 1pm.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 it was definitely an experience lol. Glad you had a good day at camp.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Check out my photos at https://500px.com/cabmonk Let me know what you think. There are only 4 pics there now but I will add more. Eventually I want to get better and sell some digital downloads on etsy. Maybe eventually even make and sell signed prints. I'm working on improving my photo skills first.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  4343105aaf1fe3c81bb9a8cb24799856.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  55.5 KB

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Another promising Saturday here! Sun is shining, my clothesline is loaded up....now I know most of you are thinking with wet clothes right? Wrong! ha ha
    After cleaning out the fridge freezer this morning I ended up with 12 very sturdy Ziploc bags ( various sizes ) and I cannot bear to toss them out., so into the hot sudsy and rinsing water they went.
    Reduce, reuse recycle right?

Note to self: Stop saving the end crusts of bread and the bottoms of the celery that I hack off when I bring a new one home.
    I used to use both of those things all the time in the past, ( for stuffing or bread crumbs, and for soup stock ) but I've realized that I would now prefer the freezer less packed up, so we can all can find stuff easier.

Anyone away at camp ( @Lynn49 ) enjoy yourselves! @cabmonk I took a peek at your posted photos, were they taken up where you are living or in another City? I like the B & W look best. @Natalka hoping for your continued recovery and a steady hand for the Dr. doing your DH's upcoming surgery.

Not much on the agenda today, driving both kids here and there and then the ballgame at 1 p.m.
    Go Jays Go!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Check out my photos at https://500px.com/cabmonk Let me know what you think. There are only 4 pics there now but I will add more. Eventually I want to get better and sell some digital downloads on etsy. Maybe eventually even make and sell signed prints. I'm working on improving my photo skills first.
    Nice photos, my favourite being the last one, but I'm partial to architectural structures...where were they taken?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Aug 12th, 2017 at 04:27 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks I want to take more.
    @walkonby and @Lynn49 3 of them were when I visited Vancouver in 2012 and the flooding one was Timmins just a couple days ago lol.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Sat, Aug 12th, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Speaking of Vancouver, Something made me think back on when I worked at the Holiday Inn Express in North Vancouver. We had a very regular guest Dr. Musa from Italy who stayed every few weeks, but he always told me I should call him Musa. He liked my service and said it felt like he was at home. He always came in late and I would have a pot of coffee ready for him. One day he comes in at midnight with President Nixon's brother and we sat in the lobby chatting and then he asked if I had a room for president Nixon's brother and charge to him but I only had a crappy room left which he gladly took and couldn't have been nicer about it. I always just called him Musa but the next morning he came down for breakfast at 6am and another employee said good morning Mr. Musa. He got so upset with them and said very tersely no it's Dr. Musa. later that employee turned to me and said WTF was that, you just call him Musa and I get crap for calling him Mr, lol. Yeah what can I tell you.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cabbie, you have had a lot of interesting experiences!

Thread Information