User Tag List

Page 249 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 749 1249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! Oh, Lynn, what a fabulous surprise!

Nice day here, too.

Brothers and nephew and sister-in-law came over and brought supper. They helped me with an number of things.

Poor BrotherR's feet have swollen up again and are so painful! Going to have to phone the Dr. in the morning to get him in. He is staying at my house overnight in case anything gets worse.

Have decided to re-home my two leather loungers as they really are too big for this space. My brotherB and his family can use them and that means they will stay close by.

So am shopping for smaller newer chairs.

Well, it's walking time for certain girlies.

Good night, my friends!
    @avoncallingu , I hope your brother can get some help from the doctor today....when did this all start to become such a problem for him? Do they know what's causing it?

Good luck finding new loungers; i've been searching for tv stands and as usual, the best prices seem to be at BestBuy.ca!
    At least delivery only takes a few days.

Take good care, my dear Friend!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So just FYI....when I went to order the tv console/stand from BestBuy on line, I was being charged $65.99 for shipping when I read "Free shipping" on its web-site! So I called their customer service 800 number and NO shipping charge! So weird...still haven't figured that one out, yet.
    But happy!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh yeah @Lynn49 I actually haven't had any sandwich spread or similar in months. If I would use some would only be a little here and there. It's funny because I saw it once and bought it and haven't seen it since except on their website. Apparently it's the #1 selling spread item in the philippines lol.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hello everyone! @Lynn49 that is plenty of excitement for both you and DH being surprised with a BIG screen tv.....as well as for your GS. What a great fisherman assistant he is, did his Dad catch it? That sounds like good eatin to me!

Terrific news about the shipping charges being removed for the tv stand.
    My SCOP from FreshCo this morning pales by comparison....ha ha I scored a free package of Black Angus ground beef!

Oh and I clicked on that link you posted and had no idea Hellmans Mayo contained no grams of sugar.....that almost seems impossible these days with sugar being tossed into almost every product.
    I always buy Hellmans, DH is brand loyal.
    @avoncallingu I hope your DB can get some help with his painful swollen feet.

It is just unbearable outside today. After a quickie 2-store shop earlier this morning I came home and only left the comfort of the A/C when I went to toss recycles out and check the mail. It sure hits you hard the first step out the door!

Hoping everyone's Monday is as good as can be expected....we're into August already tomorrow and that means another long weekend is coming!! Woo hoo.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whoa, that's HOT out there!! I know, I know, I said I'd never complain about the heat, but this is not nice at all, esp with my asthma...it feels as if an elephant is sitting on my chest. So like you, @walkonby , I hide in the houst, the A/C is at 68, and I'm just fine. We only had to venture out for our dental cleanings, more coffee pods for moi, and got a free box of Laura Secord mint hot chocolate with our accumulated points there, yay....um....ooh.. @walkonby ....the gift of that TV was from my DH...like I posted, the kids picked it up for him while we were on the island because it was a one-day sale at RCSS, tax-free. And I found the nicest tv console for it that pretty much matches our decor on BestBuy, and would you believe, it was $122 cheaper than Walmart!!! Go figure, huh? Good on ya for your SCOP, too!! When will the burgers be ready???
    @cabmonk , oh, I know, we don't use much. Correction: I use quite a bit on my sandwiches when I do use it..hahaha...DH just bought that McD's "special sauce" because the kids had it and he liked it...puts my knickers in a twist, that does...the recipe is on the web and if it comes close enough, that should be fine! Sheesh. @cabmonk ...just for the heck of it, I checked out your sandwich spread on amazon.ca...go ahead! Check it out, LOL!!

I also dropped in at Sears and only found a few classic stretch-knit tops for her for work, and new t-shirts for my DH for camp...I'm going to burn the ones he's been wearing...tired of looking at 'em!

I hope everyone can stay cool today...it's 26 with a humidex of 41...toasty!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Weird, I looked on amazon.ca and didn't see it lol. Right now I need something I can buy in store with no delivery cost but I'll see. I sometimes even like pesto on sandwiches or mixed with mayo. Our sears closed July 27th and was almost completely empty at the end. There is a rumor that an H&M will be going in there. Not sure if it would take the whole space as it's 105,000 sf and I'm not sure how big the average H&M is.

Oh and by the way, a couple months ago I bought the McChicken sauce at giant tiger lol.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Mon, Jul 31st, 2017 at 04:21 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1739.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  348.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, no, @Newfiescreech ...that CAN'T be where you live!!!
    It's just too beautiful, it looks so serene....oh my, I love it, it's beautiful!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, sorry, @cabmonk , it's on amazon.com....

https://www.amazon.com/Ladys-Choice-.../dp/B005YPXB7A

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks, and see how much they want. Amazon is always crazy for things like that. Like $9.00+ for 1 jar plus shipping lol. I've seen cases of pop on amazon which would be maybe at most $7.99 for $30 - $80. It's one thing if it's hard to find items but fanta isn't hard to find in most instances.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Thanks, and see how much they want. Amazon is always crazy for things like that. Like $9.00+ for 1 jar plus shipping lol. I've seen cases of pop on amazon which would be maybe at most $7.99 for $30 - $80. It's one thing if it's hard to find items but fanta isn't hard to find in most instances.
    That's nuts! I've ordered some things on amazon that have been very reasonable, but not food...maybe that's what's so darned expensive.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 see this for example. A 2 liter bottle of fanta for $25.99 lol. I had to read to make sure it wasn't a multi pack and yup it's just 1 bottle.

https://www.amazon.com/Fanta-Orange-...keywords=fanta

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1741.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  298.3 KB

Trinty , Newfoundland

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, no, @Newfiescreech...that CAN'T be where you live!!!
    It's just too beautiful, it looks so serene....oh my, I love it, it's beautiful!!!!
    Hi Lynn .. this is community I visited on weekend here in Newfoundland.. havent been there since I was teenager.. it's Trinity, Newfoundland.. about three hours drive from where I live .. lovely community.. there's so many community here in Newfoundland.. some I have never been to but im trying see some more this summer
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Beautiful pictures, Newfiescreech!

Spent 8.5 hours at the ER today. BrotherR had a miserable night and by morning couldn't walk. They took blood tests and x-rays and ruled out fractures and infections.

Conclusion: he has inflammation in his joints and has been referred to a rheumatologist, who will see him "very shortly" within 7-10 days. Meanwhile they were going to send him home -unable to walk with a prescription for Tylenol3.

That's when the polite form of "Sister-Bear" showed up.

I negotiated for CCAC to do a 're-assessment of his needs and anti-inflammatory drugs which had helped before -until he can get into see the rheumatologist. The CCAC contact was wonderful.
    I set him up at home with a promise to get a few things rolling in the morning.

They are talking maybe rheumatoid arthritis or possibly Lupus. This would be a major blow for him.(And the rest of us.)

BrotherB has been communicating from Vegas so I have given him the bare bones but they have been looking so forward to this vacation, I don't want him worrying!
    (She said, worrying herself.) I can't put in many more days like today or they will be carting ME off in an ambulance with Sadie attached, growling, to the ambulance attendant' s pantleg.
    Well! Happy August, folks, I am off to bed.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Aug 1st, 2017 at 12:07 AM.

Thread Information