User Tag List

Page 668 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 168 568 618 658 666 667 668 669 670 678 718 768 1168 1668 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 29356
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Busy work weekend at home. Got most of the outside closeup/packed away/moved indoors/winterized...Uber sore today though.
    Should really book a massage and osteo appointments.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
    Where's the Blue Bird at? Has she flown south for the winter already...a little early dontcha think @GoJays?
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Did I read correctly that S On. may be receiving some snow this week?! Those highways can sure be scary in winter and I bet everyone will be caught without their snowtires on, if they use them. Stay safe out there!

So now what do you all make of this?!!

I chatted yesterday with our DD (GS was here and I was alterating his halloween costume), about us getting Alexa.
    She smiled and said, 'well you know how I feel about conspiracy theories...but there have been too many stories about Alexa waking up without being asked, suddenly playing music etc...'...AND what I didn't know was that Alexa responds to anyone's voice, so there was a Family Guy (?? not sure, never watch it, but it was some show like that), where they kept saying things like, "Alexa, order me a new....." and everyone's Alexa responded and this cartoon kept doing it over and over!!
    Well anyway, they have Siri, and still she doesn't trust it, and now I'm leary about getting Alexa because 'she' can overhear everything said in the house!!

Not convinced? How's this: their friends were at home chatting about where to hide their house key since the kids keep forgetting theirs, or if they should get a keypad (love ours!), etc, and then suddenly ALL sorts of ads appeared on their web-pages about keypads at HomeDepot, or service providers, or where people hide keys!!! And here's the scary part: They have neither Alexa nor Siri!
    Only their two cell phones with data!! They were freaked out!

Here's the process to make sure your smartphones aren't spying on YOU!
    https://phys.org/news/2018-01-smartphone-apps-spying.html

Now if that doesn't convince you that 'big brother' is watching you, then I don't know what will!!
    Needless to say, we decided not to get Alexa.
    https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...reepy-as-hell/
    Btw...the only conspiracy theory that my DD and I share is the one involving men landing on the moon.

Have a wonderful day, everyone...ours is drizzly and still dull out there; it would be lovely to see the sunshine this month!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, scary technology, indeed.
    I knew about Alexa, as well as the cellphone ads thing. Don't forget about smart TVs as well.
    Anything high tech can be hacked into like security systems, keyless home entries, etc.

I heard a radio program last week that explained pacemakers could be, as well. Not that it would be ever likely, though they said.

Here, we have no Alexa nor Siri, no cellphone let alone smartphone, and we have a 20 inch tube tv. Yes, we are Luddites!
    My body right now is the most technologically advanced thing in our home, lol!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LOL...Nat re your body being the most advanced technology in your house!! I'd say that's a pretty good trade-off...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 what I'm worried about is watching online and being spied on. Look I'm a hot blooded male and I admit I watch . Did I just blow your mind lol.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well. My aunt helped me today with groceries and I'll pay her back in 2 weeks. She definitely is too good to me.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    @Lynn49 what I'm worried about is watching online and being spied on. Look I'm a hot blooded male and I admit I watch . Did I just blow your mind lol.

Anyway hope everyone is doing well. My aunt helped me today with groceries and I'll pay her back in 2 weeks. She definitely is too good to me.
    No, you didn't "blow my mind", lol, however I doubt that those who spy on our lives would consider that a national threat. They'd probably leave you alone.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am in the camp of " No Alexa " as well. I have posted this many times but it begs repeating.
    DH and I have never owned a cell phone. We do have a large screen tv but I do not believe it is a " Smart tv " .
    Two of our 3 kids own their own cell phones....but we have one holdout kid who has no use for them....ha ha
    I tend to believe all the " spying " conspiracy theories. I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media.
    Posting here and catching up SC takes up most of my time anyways.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  C6E657DD-AFEC-4D59-9B09-63EAF46FE549.gif
Views: 105
Size:  99.6 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello, all.....was motivated to do some tidy-up of my sewing room and now I'm resting from the effort. Doesn't take much these days, I'm afraid, very little tires me out so much.
    @Newfiescreech, I love hearing your stories about your beachy walks and collecting things on the beach...do you get much beach-glass? They're so lovely.
    @avoncallingu, good on you for getting on with those orthodics, I gave up on mine..they just don't fit into pretty shoes or sandals! Haha!
    @Natalka, I hope you ARE enjoying better mobility today!

Not much going on, I pulled out my recipe for Christmas cake and am salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs!! I think I'll make 2 this year, one with nuts for us and one without nuts for our GS (and us) since he loves the cake, but is allergic to nuts. Ah well....I'll do my best to nibble whatever's left over from the holiday!

Hope everyone's having a lovely day....DH took the canopy thingy off of our gazebo today....sad, sad looking thing now... Sign of the times, I guess...he'll be putting the Christmas lights up on the next warmer-ish day.

ONLY 73 more days until CHRISTMAS!!
    [ATTACH]345433[/ATTACH[/ATTACH][ATTACH]345434[/ATTACH

Hi Lynn .. my last 3 trips to beach ..lots of treasures..lol .. lots sea glass if you walk long enough on beach...so Saturday night I spent hours and hours in garage cleaning all this ..before doing crafts ..I clean it all in boiling hotwater then I do another cleaning with chlorine then last one with hot water again .
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wow! That's awesome, Newfiescreech! I love the glass art that gets inspired using this.

Oh, @Lynn49 - you forgot to tell us when your dr. appointment is.

I have a meeting tonight nut poor Tootie vomited up her supper. At the last minute, I added some cooked squash for fibre, but didn't think about it having brown sugar and butter on it. Poor little sucker!

Cleaning it up has made me inclined to join her
    😵
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Oct 15th, 2018 at 08:44 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, @Newfiescreech !! That glass is beautiful, just so lovely, those pastel colours! The soft blues and greens! So what crafts do you do with them? Post pics if you can, please? You are so fortunate to live by the ocean. And seaglass! Priceless!

@avoncallingu , sorry Tootie's delicate tummy didn't enjoy that squash...maybe it was the "coke"?
    No dr appt. Now before you yell at me, that knee is still as sore as my wrist which isn't fractured or broken, and I looked up info about how long it can take for a bruised bone to heal and it can be a month or more, so no panic, and those Robax ACs are keeping the pain at bay.

@walkonby , we don't have smartphones but we do have a 65" smart tv. Seems there's no escaping surveillance these days. Check with your kids' wrt their phones' settings to see if they gave game sites etc permission to evesdrop on them. The future is here!

My Pack is playing tonight and we'll be flipping to the baseball games .... go Millwauke and Boston!! I'd never go for any Texas team!! Blah! Phooey!

Toodles!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Oct 15th, 2018 at 08:18 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ha! Thanks, Lynn! Good old "auto -correct. " I am spending the evening watching various of my favorite shows and trying to fill in the gaps for the ones that I missed when my TV was down.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Ha! Thanks, Lynn! Good old "auto -correct. " I am spending the evening watching various of my favorite shows and trying to fill in the gaps for the ones that I missed when my TV was down.

Butbut...my Pack is playing!
    Nice that you're taking a few minutes in the week to unwind.
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

It's sure a jam-packed week.

Two follow-up dr. visits ahem!! Don't we know someone else who ignored good advice.......

Trip to Chatham on Friday.

Search Committee meeting tomorrow to discuss some applicants whose applications I can't read because I can't get into my Gmail.

Well, hope I get time to work on that tomorrow.

It's DARNED cold out there but in Denver where my step-daughter lives and where her brother has shown up in his flip-flops to visit.... is 13 degrees Fahrenheit I think that's about 10 below Celsius.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Oct 15th, 2018 at 10:32 PM.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, @Newfiescreech!! That glass is beautiful, just so lovely, those pastel colours! The soft blues and greens! So what crafts do you do with them? Post pics if you can, please? You are so fortunate to live by the ocean. And seaglass! Priceless!

@avoncallingu, sorry Tootie's delicate tummy didn't enjoy that squash...maybe it was the "coke"?
    No dr appt. Now before you yell at me, that knee is still as sore as my wrist which isn't fractured or broken, and I looked up info about how long it can take for a bruised bone to heal and it can be a month or more, so no panic, and those Robax ACs are keeping the pain at bay.

@walkonby, we don't have smartphones but we do have a 65" smart tv. Seems there's no escaping surveillance these days. Check with your kids' wrt their phones' settings to see if they gave game sites etc permission to evesdrop on them. The future is here!

My Pack is playing tonight and we'll be flipping to the baseball games .... go Millwauke and Boston!! I'd never go for any Texas team!! Blah! Phooey!

Toodles!
    Name:  70C93B01-86C6-4DB5-9733-05D0332059EF.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  334.2 KB

Hi Lynn .. some I will do sea glass picture and some is pebble art ..some I will put both into picture..now sorry I don’t have it framed ..when I remove plastic off frame ..I notice some finger prints..so I got windex out and Yepper I broke glass into three pieces..this weekend I will get new frame.. this one is called ..Newfoundland puffins Name:  F69F79DA-E39D-486A-A53A-40FDD9B00212.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  359.0 KB
    this one is called .a lovely day on clothes
    i enjoy doing them and Sell few too ..its something to do for few hours nite time and on weekends..especially when winter comes ..spend my time in garage crafting lol

Thread Information