User Tag List

Page 1565 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 565 1065 1465 1515 1555 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1575 1615 1665 ... LastLast
Results 23,461 to 23,475 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka ! The LCBO has removed the Stalinskya vodka from their shelves! Pressure from the Ukrainian communities pulled that off!
    Natalka and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, folks! Don't know why the site let me on.
    @walkonby , your bird-rearing skills are phenominal! Talk about "The Ugly Duckling!" turning into a swan! Your squiggly bald creature is turning into a real bird!!! Battery is dying, See you later!
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Sunday everyone.

It’s going to be an indoors kind of day for me it’s too hot already out.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's Sunday!!

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  10.4 KB

My skin is still crawling as I did my first feeding of mealworms to Frankie. ( DH did all the Saturday feedings ) Ugh!! so gross. Stop wiggling around you creepy worms! DS gave me a chuckle saying at least I didn't have to chew them up first and upchcuk them down his throat.
    Even more gross....sorry.
    Time for a calming Sunday coffee. Enjoy the day all!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jun 27th, 2021 at 08:37 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It's Sunday!!

My skin is still crawling as I did my first feeding of mealworms to Frankie. ( DH did all the Saturday feedings ) Ugh!! so gross. Stop wiggling around you creepy worms! DS gave me a chuckle saying at least I didn't have to chew them up first and upchcuk them down his throat.
    @walkonby I had to smile at you DS response would have gotten the same from my DDS. My family has been following your update on Frankie progress and he is not here physically but we are all falling in love with him. So I can imagine you will have a hard time setting him free.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It's Sunday!!

Photos, please, @walkonby , hahaha!
    I can absolutely understand! I used to buy crickets for my pet snake and it grossed me out when I let the wee things out in the enclosure with Gwendelyn just waiting to attack. Couldn't handle it, set my little friend free.

IT'S OUR 51st WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TODAY!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 Happy Anniversary to you and your DH you are both lucky to be together for such a long time. Guess you both did something right many moons ago
    Lynn49, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Lynn49 Happy Anniversary to you and your DH you are both lucky to be together for such a long time. Guess you both did something right many moons ago
    @flemeth , thank you. I've quite often thought of the song in The Sound of Music: "I must have done something good" in another life, many moons ago. 🤗

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Happy 51st Anniversary! Hope you get a chance to celebrate with family and friends. It is such a milestone. Once again, congratulations and enjoy your day.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Happy 51st Anniversary! Hope you get a chance to celebrate with family and friends. It is such a milestone. Once again, congratulations and enjoy your day.
    Thank you, @SnowFlakey ...the kids are driving home from camp later today, so it'll just be the two of us, which is nice...last year we all went to Disneyworld...it'll be much quieter this year!
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you, @SnowFlakey...the kids are driving home from camp later today, so it'll just be the two of us, which is nice...last year we all went to Disneyworld...it'll be much quieter this year!
    We'll just order our dinner in since I still don't feel comfortable being around people; I may be becoming feral. It's just too peoplely out there even on restaurant patios. As much as I enjoy shmaltzy white-gloved dinners out from time to time, the lady is a tramp and I still enjoy a variety of foods and will never, ever crave a hunk of steak on a plate, hahaha!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wasn't going to post again...but that word " peoplely " just made me guffaw! Becoming feral are we? There's a chance it's contagious through the interwebs because I've experienced the symptom of asking myself " why bother " when thinking of dining out.
    If this forced isolation has taught us anything it is that DS, DH and I are all pretty decent cooks ( well, they're capable, I rise above that. ) Still, we enjoy the take out option, delivery or curbside pick up when we crave anything specific.

Mmmm this reminds me, a few moments ago I harvested a bit of young bok choy from DH stash barrel, did a bit of creative slicing of onion, carrot, bell peppers and celery, cooked it up wok style in sesame oil, soy sauce and a few drips of balsamic vinegar. Broccoli crowns and bok choy added at the end.

Then I cut most of his remaining tender baby lettuces from the container, washed, spinner-ed and paper toweled them.
    There is always meat cooked here so we'll find something to go with for tonight.

Now...I must send @Lynn49 and her DH a very congratulatory 51st Wedding Anniversary!! What a milestone.
    With many many more to follow!!

Name:  51 years together.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  19.2 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jun 27th, 2021 at 01:00 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , I always find it so interesting that so many people eat out. Since forever, we've never felt the need to do that except on special occasions since you and I both know what great cooks we are!
    Honestly, I'm sure we've been to restaurants, ordered our dinners, and having looked at it, thought, "I could make this at home just as good if not better than this!! For 1/4 of the cost!". Hahaha! When cooking is a pleasure instead of a chore, eating out isn't such a big deal.

Thank you for that mug; I'm relatively certain that's what I've been doing to the poor man for the past 51 years.
    Thank heavens he hasn't noticed, yet.

We love bok choy, also, it's so versatile and goes from soup to...well, not desserts, but just about anything else.
    1 cup of raw bok choy provides:

• 3.7 percent of daily potassium needs
    • 17 percent of vitamin A
    • 5.7 percent of calcium
    • 26.5 percent of vitamin K
    • 3.1 percent of magnesium
    • 3.1 percent of iron
    • 35 percent of Vitamin C
    • Kale isn't even in the top 10 healthiest greens!
    • From healthiest to not-so-much: watercress, chinese cabbage, chard, beet greens, spinach, chicory, leaf lettuce, parsley (even 1 sprig), romaine, collard greens, mustard green, endive, then the lowly, ugly, horrid, kale.

Love the saying: serving kale drizzled with olive oil, makes it so much easier to scrape off your plate! Hahahaha!!

Anyway, didn't mean to turn this into a nutrition class, but I know you and I like to chat about such things...

Enjoy the day, everyone.. @Natalka , I hope the heat isn't too oppressive there, but the news hasn't been good, has it? How are the farmers coping?
    Natalka, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy anniversary @Lynn49 and Mr. Lynn49!

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information