User Tag List

Page 1665 of 1949 FirstFirst ... 665 1165 1565 1615 1655 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1675 1715 1765 ... LastLast
Results 24,961 to 24,975 of 29232
Like Tree118268Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

  1. #24961
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,175
    Likes Received
    29802
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Happy New Year Everyone
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

  2. #24962
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,489
    Likes Received
    74056
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    wow guys...seems I AM in the right site......the one where everyone of us struggles to actually stay awake until midnight!
    I feel I've half a chance this year because last night I simply could not stop dozing off. It started right after Jeopardy when DH and I watched Amy win her 22nd game!

    Can't recall much after Jeopardy but when I woke up on the couch it was already after 9, so we paid for a flick that looked sort of quirky from Bell On Demand called The French Dispatch. I can give a solid review of the first 20 minutes of it because out like a light I went and woke up to the credits rolling and DH laughing at me.

    I was not slighted in the least as I have a full 48 hours to view it again.. $6.99 isn't that much since 2 of us were " supposed " to be watching it. After a late night turkey soup slurp crawling into bed seemed embarrassing but I did it anyway.
    Woke up just after 8 a.m. how on earth could I have needed that many hours?
    Looks like Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper will have me watching tonight!! Although if I drink more than 1 1/2 glasses of the sparkling white we bought it could be iffy.

    Happy New Year to all of you!!

    Clearly, I've sipped too much even before the NY countdown began as i am quoting my own post here.
    We both managed to stay awake to ring in the New Year BUT....Andy and Anderson just weren't cutting it for us, so we found a way better broadcast! Miley Cyrus and Pete Davidson hosted a decent ( funny and entertaining ) show. It wouldn't have been Miley without a wardrobe malfunction......lol.
    Seems the straps on her handkerchief sized top broke and she had to exit stage left! Came back wearing an over sized red jacket ( unbuttoned?? ) so why bother leaving the stage?

    Despite that it was still a good show.

    First one to post here in 2022!!
    Lynn49, GoJays and SnowFlakey like this.




    babies teach us acceptance

  3. #24963
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,175
    Likes Received
    29802
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Clearly, I've sipped too much even before the NY countdown began as i am quoting my own post here.
    We both managed to stay awake to ring in the New Year BUT....Andy and Anderson just weren't cutting it for us, so we found a way better broadcast! Miley Cyrus and Pete Davidson hosted a decent ( funny and entertaining ) show. It wouldn't have been Miley without a wardrobe malfunction......lol.
    Seems the straps on her handkerchief sized top broke and she had to exit stage left! Came back wearing an over sized red jacket ( unbuttoned?? ) so why bother leaving the stage?

    Despite that it was still a good show.

    First one to post here in 2022!!
    @walkonby we felt the same way about Andy and Anderson we thought it was boring and I was dosing off on it by 10 PM so we choose to watch a movie
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

  4. #24964
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,899
    Likes Received
    56635
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    We watched Red2 then the last 10 minutes or so on CNN just to watch the ball drop. Won't watch that Miley gal, all t&a, as most of them are. Watched their new mayor sworn in, then hit the sack.

    Now on to the Rose Bowl Parade, still on my bucket list!!

    Happy and healthy 2022, everyone!
    GoJays, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.


  5. #24965
    Smart Canuck SnowFlakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Posts
    4,109
    Likes Received
    12510
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)




    Happy New Year! Have a safe and prosperous year with family and friends.

    Stayed up until 10:30PM watching some movie and said to myself: " why am i staying up for!" So i went to bed. Ball dropped without me, new year rang in without me; but i woke up this morning and im still alive. I said to hubby this morning: "WE MADE IT!"

    DD spent all day at the hospital yesterday because of a stupid cold she got at her sons hockey tournament 3 weeks ago. She hurt everywhere, had swollen fingers, swollen everything in fact. So she went to the hospital; Doc did blood tests, chest x-rays, thorax x-rays, EKG, Covid testing, everything. She has nothing. Doc said it could be that she coughed too much or something like that and to continue taking tylynol and gave her some anti-inflamatories. Also gave her a week off work; said she would be ok after approx. 4 days.

    So this morning i made her some homemade turkey broth from the turkey carcass left from Christmas and we drove it over. Didnt go into the house, called and her hubby picked it up on the stairs. The soup smells so good; had lots of diced onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Also added some peppercorns. Hope it helps her
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

  6. #24966
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,899
    Likes Received
    56635
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Happy New Year! Have a safe and prosperous year with family and friends.

    Stayed up until 10:30PM watching some movie and said to myself: " why am i staying up for!" So i went to bed. Ball dropped without me, new year rang in without me; but i woke up this morning and im still alive. I said to hubby this morning: "WE MADE IT!"

    DD spent all day at the hospital yesterday because of a stupid cold she got at her sons hockey tournament 3 weeks ago. She hurt everywhere, had swollen fingers, swollen everything in fact. So she went to the hospital; Doc did blood tests, chest x-rays, thorax x-rays, EKG, Covid testing, everything. She has nothing. Doc said it could be that she coughed too much or something like that and to continue taking tylynol and gave her some anti-inflamatories. Also gave her a week off work; said she would be ok after approx. 4 days.

    So this morning i made her some homemade turkey broth from the turkey carcass left from Christmas and we drove it over. Didnt go into the house, called and her hubby picked it up on the stairs. The soup smells so good; had lots of diced onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Also added some peppercorns. Hope it helps her
    That's EXACTLY what my Hubby and I said to each other last night, @SnowFlakey : Well...WE MADE IT! Hahaha!!

    Sorry your DD's under the weather but you must be so relieved to hear that she went in to get a check-up and even more relieved to know that nothing showed up from those thorough tests. You did exactly what this Mom would do, too...head into the kitchen and make chicken or turkey soup...all those healing veggies and broth, plus lots of garlic, too!
    walkonby likes this.


  7. #24967
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,899
    Likes Received
    56635
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jan 1st, 2022 at 04:04 PM.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.


  8. #24968
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,489
    Likes Received
    74056
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    @SnowFlakey you missed very little heading to bed before midnight insofar as NYE tv went. They all try so hard to " make it something " ( singing, dancing, making corny jokes ) when most viewers are still reeling from the disaster of a year 2021 was.
    How awful that your DD has been suffering through that hanging on cold she caught. Thank goodness all the tests the Dr. took showed no + covid results. Turkey soup is perfect! The garlic in there will chase away her symptoms for sure.

    We're here, but almost in an anti-climactic mood. What's to look forward to now? O.K. yeah we still have 2 winter b'days here ( DS#2 and I ) but they will be celebrated with only us 3 here. Not the fanfare that DS#1 and DH got in December.
    I'd like to make it special for DS#2, but how? Gotta get my thinking cap on.




    babies teach us acceptance

  9. #24969
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,899
    Likes Received
    56635
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @SnowFlakey you missed very little heading to bed before midnight insofar as NYE tv went. They all try so hard to " make it something " ( singing, dancing, making corny jokes ) when most viewers are still reeling from the disaster of a year 2021 was.
    How awful that your DD has been suffering through that hanging on cold she caught. Thank goodness all the tests the Dr. took showed no + covid results. Turkey soup is perfect! The garlic in there will chase away her symptoms for sure.

    We're here, but almost in an anti-climactic mood. What's to look forward to now? O.K. yeah we still have 2 winter b'days here ( DS#2 and I ) but they will be celebrated with only us 3 here. Not the fanfare that DS#1 and DH got in December.
    I'd like to make it special for DS#2, but how? Gotta get my thinking cap on.
    AHA!! Now YOU'RE joining me in experiencing the post holiday crash, @walkonby !!

    Awful, isn't it? Nothing to do. No reason to play with my Cricut.

    I guess I'll have to start working on Valentine cards...you'll get one of course...maybe two...sigh...I'll have to think up ways
    to occupy myself until camping season. Which is a loooooong way off!!

    Stupid winter.

    We put away all traces of Christmas today while watching a Bowl game, and wondering if we'll even have to take them out next year in case we actually do spend it with the kids in the Dominican. Our agent has all our info, so when our resort starts booking into December, we'll be in.
    I wonder what shape the world will be in, one year from now?
    Will we have learned anything to keep each other safe??
    walkonby likes this.


  10. #24970
    Mastermind Lynn49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    24,899
    Likes Received
    56635
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    GoJays and walkonby like this.


  11. #24971
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,489
    Likes Received
    74056
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Be still my heart! The Leafs had a game tonight and won 6-0!! It was so nice to watch a hockey game ( well, one that interested me I mean ) again.

    Yup @Lynn49 the downslide after Christmas has taken hold here. You have at least put away your decor. DH is hanging on until Little Christmas. His Grandfather always kept their tree up until the 7th.
    Lynn49 likes this.




    babies teach us acceptance

  12. #24972
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,175
    Likes Received
    29802
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Happy New Year! Have a safe and prosperous year with family and friends.

    Stayed up until 10:30PM watching some movie and said to myself: " why am i staying up for!" So i went to bed. Ball dropped without me, new year rang in without me; but i woke up this morning and im still alive. I said to hubby this morning: "WE MADE IT!"

    DD spent all day at the hospital yesterday because of a stupid cold she got at her sons hockey tournament 3 weeks ago. She hurt everywhere, had swollen fingers, swollen everything in fact. So she went to the hospital; Doc did blood tests, chest x-rays, thorax x-rays, EKG, Covid testing, everything. She has nothing. Doc said it could be that she coughed too much or something like that and to continue taking tylynol and gave her some anti-inflamatories. Also gave her a week off work; said she would be ok after approx. 4 days.

    So this morning i made her some homemade turkey broth from the turkey carcass left from Christmas and we drove it over. Didnt go into the house, called and her hubby picked it up on the stairs. The soup smells so good; had lots of diced onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Also added some peppercorns. Hope it helps her
    @SnowFlakey hoping that you DD feels better soon. You are a very good mother still thinking how to help, make your Adult DD feels better .
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

  13. #24973
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    86,423
    Likes Received
    44490
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Skippy likes this.

  14. #24974
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    86,423
    Likes Received
    44490
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Clearly, I've sipped too much even before the NY countdown began as i am quoting my own post here.
    We both managed to stay awake to ring in the New Year BUT....Andy and Anderson just weren't cutting it for us, so we found a way better broadcast! Miley Cyrus and Pete Davidson hosted a decent ( funny and entertaining ) show. It wouldn't have been Miley without a wardrobe malfunction......lol.
    Seems the straps on her handkerchief sized top broke and she had to exit stage left! Came back wearing an over sized red jacket ( unbuttoned?? ) so why bother leaving the stage?

    Despite that it was still a good show.

    First one to post here in 2022!!
    Apparently Anderson had a few too many and couldn't stop giggling? I dunno, that's just what DH told me as I was asleep by 9, but I did manage to wake up five minutes before midnight for our celebratory fuzzy pink wine toast and then right back to sleep... sort of. It was only three of us this year, DD went to a friends house one street over for a small party. Rapid tests and temperature taking required for entry so I felt good sending her. So the three of us, minus me consciously, sat in front of the tv and watched our NYE ritual marathon - The Three Stooges. DD was home before 3am and then off we went to sleep and I managed to sleep in til EIGHT!! A record for me in recent history. Happy new year everyone
    walkonby likes this.

  15. #24975
    Misanthrope GoJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    86,423
    Likes Received
    44490
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)




    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •