User Tag List

Page 665 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 165 565 615 655 663 664 665 666 667 675 715 765 1165 1665 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

checking in late-ish once again. @Newfiescreech I must say I have really enjoyed your beach walk posts....mainly the way they make @Lynn49 react. ha ha
    It's no idle threat about heading down to you, so keep your eyes open for her.

I cooked today....must be ill or something because I also cooked yesterday??!
    The turkey soup came out delish, the guys already portioned out work meals of it.
    I made beef stew earlier this morning....a bit unusual with the veg I added, normally don't put large diced bell peppers or big chunks of cabbage in stew, but those were in the crisper and needed to be used up. Spuds, carrots and celery mingled in there too so it's all good.

Last night they had an all Candidates debate for our area. Took my very first ride in an UBER! DD paid for that.
    What a packed room....and oh so hot, all seats were taken shortly after we sat down, plus the side walls and back of room was filled.
    It was good for me to hear from all of those running. Helps to put faces to the names on the signs you see all over the lawns.
    @Lynn49 I will certainly keep your DH's nephew in my thoughts and prayers. Not an easy hand to be dealt at his age. @avoncallingu I love my orthotics!! What a difference when I wear other shoes and forget to transfer them in. I notice it straight away. @Natalka your posts have me smiling for you!! Honestly, what you were dragged through with your health was so troubling, but look at you now!! (((hugs ))) also to Milan, hope he starts to use some Vitamin E capsules on his scar to get some relief.

Soon time to wake Sleeping Beauty ( DD) so we can go to vote early. ( never a lineup there )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, as much as I felt decent and fairly good through the day yesterday, I must say my world changes about mid-evening. I suppose it's just the culmination of the day... That last trip walking to the bedroom is slower than any tortoise, and tears are just streaming because it hurts so much. I know it will get better, but geez!

Hoping you all have a terrific Thursday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Still recovering from my fall and concerned about that knee that had so many surgeries and replacement, it hurts like the dickens and doesn't seem to be getting better; I hope I didn't do some damage to it! Would that be possible? I'll cry if I did something that requires "adjustment" and another surgery esp since DH is having an evaluation for replacements of his knees!! Ain't late-middle-age grand, though?!

I had to laugh at your warning to @Newfiescreech , @walkonby ! I guess this might not be the time to mention that I once met a gal on a caregiver site (we were both caring for our elderly Moms), and after a couple of years of chatting about meeting, the year my DH retired, 2000, we took a trip there to visit and meet her and her family!!! HAhaha!!! OH, you should have heard the teasing we got from our DD...about "meeting up with strangers on the internet"!! Too fun! They were absolutely wonderful...um...they're in BC! Mwahahaha!!!
    @Natalka , jeepers, are your legs bothering you again? I wish someone at the hospital could have taken a second look at what's going on with them, but then you're confident in the care you're receiving, and I guess it's a matter of time, but why SO much time?! Poor muffin. I hope today's a better day for you.

Okay! Off to not get into any mischief!!
    Enjoy your day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - this is NOT a gentle request- get thyself to a Dr. - preferably your surgeon!

DH' s mum had a fall on her replacement knee leg which was ignored by the staff at her nursing home and it had VERY DIRE consequences !

I know that your dd is having a procedure today, but she would be upset if you were delaying help because of her. She won't get any results today, anyway.

You are a great care- giver but you seem to recoil from being a care - receiver. Mama bear can't fight no battles for her cubs if she's wounded!

I will stop now.

Going to get off my feet for a while and watch .... Yes...TV!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Oct 11th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I agree with Avon about you getting a look-see by a doc.

And, about my legs. They will not really get better and nothing much can be done.

Knee replacements would have done it, but I cannot get them.
    So it is just how I can deal with things. It has been proposed that I go on stronger painkillers so I can do more. I do hope to get cortisone shots once again, because they helped.

Unfortunately, they are what they are. Argh!

Walkonby our posts crossed one another. I am okay, just frustrated because I am not as moveable as yesterday.
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Oct 11th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!!

Still recovering from my fall and concerned about that knee that had so many surgeries and replacement, it hurts like the dickens and doesn't seem to be getting better; I hope I didn't do some damage to it! Would that be possible? I'll cry if I did something that requires "adjustment" and another surgery esp since DH is having an evaluation for replacements of his knees!! Ain't late-middle-age grand, though?!

I had to laugh at your warning to @Newfiescreech, @walkonby! I guess this might not be the time to mention that I once met a gal on a caregiver site (we were both caring for our elderly Moms), and after a couple of years of chatting about meeting, the year my DH retired, 2000, we took a trip there to visit and meet her and her family!!! HAhaha!!! OH, you should have heard the teasing we got from our DD...about "meeting up with strangers on the internet"!! Too fun! They were absolutely wonderful...um...they're in BC! Mwahahaha!!!
    @Natalka, jeepers, are your legs bothering you again? I wish someone at the hospital could have taken a second look at what's going on with them, but then you're confident in the care you're receiving, and I guess it's a matter of time, but why SO much time?! Poor muffin. I hope today's a better day for you.

Okay! Off to not get into any mischief!!
    Enjoy your day, everyone!!
    Good Afternoon Lynn ..im thinking 🤔 out loud that I really think you should see a doctor about that sexy leg of yours sweetie ..Hahaha ..joking !! yes !! I’m trying say this very nicely and not offend you in anyway ..but sweetie you have think about yourself too ..you wont be any good to DH ....if your leg is troublesome you in anyway ... SO PLEASE ... take few minutes and go see your doctor..it just might be bruising inside and will take while to get better ..but you do need advice from sexy leg doc ..Thinking about you my wonderful friend ..have wonderful afternoon..
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    checking in late-ish once again. @Newfiescreech I must say I have really enjoyed your beach walk posts....mainly the way they make @Lynn49 react. ha ha
    It's no idle threat about heading down to you, so keep your eyes open for her.

I cooked today....must be ill or something because I also cooked yesterday??!
    The turkey soup came out delish, the guys already portioned out work meals of it.
    I made beef stew earlier this morning....a bit unusual with the veg I added, normally don't put large diced bell peppers or big chunks of cabbage in stew, but those were in the crisper and needed to be used up. Spuds, carrots and celery mingled in there too so it's all good.

Last night they had an all Candidates debate for our area. Took my very first ride in an UBER! DD paid for that.
    What a packed room....and oh so hot, all seats were taken shortly after we sat down, plus the side walls and back of room was filled.
    It was good for me to hear from all of those running. Helps to put faces to the names on the signs you see all over the lawns.
    @Lynn49 I will certainly keep your DH's nephew in my thoughts and prayers. Not an easy hand to be dealt at his age. @avoncallingu I love my orthotics!! What a difference when I wear other shoes and forget to transfer them in. I notice it straight away. @Natalka your posts have me smiling for you!! Honestly, what you were dragged through with your health was so troubling, but look at you now!! (((hugs ))) also to Milan, hope he starts to use some Vitamin E capsules on his scar to get some relief.

Soon time to wake Sleeping Beauty ( DD) so we can go to vote early. ( never a lineup there )
    Hi walkonby..How are you ..sure sounds like you had wonderful Thanksgiving with your family ..hope you got some time to relax some ..have yourself wonderful day sweetie..please take good care yourself Thanks ..hey told Lynn i would have bottle wine on ice 🍷 🍷 waiting for her ..when i knows she’s in my area ..we would walk to my backyard and just down a pathway and less then 1 minute she would be right on beach ..we could sit on rock or take lawn chair down with us and she sure could breath in nice salty fresh air of Newfoundland..i bet she wouldn’t want leave beach for day .. I’m sure she would enjoy it so much ..if she likes ocean and beach like i do ..i could spend my days there walking ,sitting and just listening to ocean..if i stay there long sitting ..i end up relaxing so much and would even have nap there ..sooo peaceful ..i got my 👁 eye wide open ..Lynn could be here anytime lol 😝 better in summer to darn cold those day on beach ..unless she bundles herself up in winter coat .
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!

Well, as much as I felt decent and fairly good through the day yesterday, I must say my world changes about mid-evening. I suppose it's just the culmination of the day... That last trip walking to the bedroom is slower than any tortoise, and tears are just streaming because it hurts so much. I know it will get better, but geez!

Hoping you all have a terrific Thursday!
    Hi Natalka...i hope and pray ..that Good Lord will give you back your strength..so you can do things you love do ...before all this happen over year ago ..Always keep you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie ..some day things dont go right for us ..but keep your faith and in time sweetie ..You be fit as fiddle ( NEWFIE LINGO )/..means good as new again sweetie ..Relax and take it easy ..have wonderful Thursday afternoon
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  60719233-3773-447B-A86E-FC1836D3CCA2.jpeg
Views: 126
Size:  139.3 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  50C5F0AC-9D91-4AA8-B9ED-3399616E9979.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  60.5 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Natalka sorry about what you are going though. Hope you manage to have a good rest today.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, cabbie.

I am glad you are doing so well!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh. You gals are trying to make me do things I don't want to do!!!
    I'm wondering if it would do any good if I went with my DH to his evaluation for his new knee(s) and asked to be evaluated, too...just by the guy who does the evaluation, just to ask him if I should be concerned.
    Then again, it's my DH's appointment and I don't want to parachute in uninvited (read: without an appointment).
    Since it's the weekend, there isn't much I can do except wait until Monday, call our dr's office and speak to his nurse who's very nice, and tell her my story and leave it to her to talk with our dr. If he feels I need to be seen or just rest it, then she'll call me back.
    Happy?

@Newfiescreech, to be perfectly honest, we've always wanted to visit the east coast, but perhaps take a liesurely train ride there, then hop on a cruise to the Caribbean, then fly home or take the cruise home, then fly.
    Our 50th Anniversary is in two years and we want to do something special, so we're still making plans.
    I do love the ocean, any large expanse of water, and believe it or not, even more-so when there's a wind and rough water with big waves.
    Strange, huh?

As to sipping A bottle of wine on the beach? Honey, I'll buy us a case of wine for that!!! Hahaha!!

Stay well, my Friend!!

Yes. We use these sippy-cups at camp! Hahaha...total class, eh? It's either that or fish out mosquitos or
    wasps. Not as classy that way.
    One thing I'd do differently, however, is have a screw-bottom to fill with ice and close!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Oct 11th, 2018 at 06:00 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hey @Lynn49 - you know very well that the evaluation guy for dh is NOT the person who can do anything but say - go see your dr. and your gp's nurse is NOT the person who can say anything except "go see your dr. " who will say I'm going to send you for an ex ray or CT scan or MRI and also send you back to the surgeon who is the person who can evaluate what's going on. By waiting until Monday-you are just giving it time to fester for 3 more days. If nothing is wrong -then you can stop worrying 3 days earlier. And so can all the folks who care about you. Oh, and by the way, you might get that wrist xrayed too.

Sorry to be such a b#%=ch!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ugh. You gals are trying to make me do things I don't want to do!!!
    I'm wondering if it would do any good if I went with my DH to his evaluation for his new knee(s) and asked to be evaluated, too...just by the guy who does the evaluation, just to ask him if I should be concerned.
    Then again, it's my DH's appointment and I don't want to parachute in uninvited (read: without an appointment).
    Since it's the weekend, there isn't much I can do except wait until Monday, call our dr's office and speak to his nurse who's very nice, and tell her my story and leave it to her to talk with our dr. If he feels I need to be seen or just rest it, then she'll call me back.
    Happy?

@Newfiescreech, to be perfectly honest, we've always wanted to visit the east coast, but perhaps take a liesurely train ride there, then hop on a cruise to the Caribbean, then fly home or take the cruise home, then fly.
    Our 50th Anniversary is in two years and we want to do something special, so we're still making plans.
    I do love the ocean, any large expanse of water, and believe it or not, even more-so when there's a wind and rough water with big waves.
    Strange, huh?

As to sipping A bottle of wine on the beach? Honey, I'll buy us a case of wine for that!!! Hahaha!!

Stay well, my Friend!!

Yes. We use these sippy-cups at camp! Hahaha...total class, eh? It's either that or fish out mosquitos or
    wasps. Not as classy that way.
    One thing I'd do differently, however, is have a screw-bottom to fill with ice and close!

Hey Lynn ..nothing wrong with those skippy cups ..i bit you could get tipsy sippy out those cups ..ain’t it same thing like sippy from drinking straw ..ohhhhh we sure knows about mosquitos here to ..summer time I normally drink from a bottle ..I buy those creamy milk shake different flavours or Cesar’s in bottle so i can screw cap back on ..only way i drink anything different .. if i come in house then i drink from glass ..i cant handle or take chance on those stupid mosquito in my drink 🍷 LOL .some times they drive me crazy so much .. i just call it quit for outside and go in house way from these pesty little things ..will i do hope you seek out some medical attention and really see whats going on with leg..like avon said thats 3 more days waiting and wondering sweetie ..when tomorrow you could fine it all out ..PLEASE !! Be good girlie and get it look at ..then you could sit back on weekend have few sips wine 🍷 🍷 and enjoy your weekend without WORRYING !!! Not trying be pain in the butt ..but you know we all care about you sweetie..if shoe was on the other foot ..you would be advicing me go see doctor RIGHT AWAY !! So now im telling you PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR!! Thank you 🙏🏼 praying everything will be ok ..take good care yourself sweetie 🤗 hugs 🤗
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Thread Information