User Tag List

Page 663 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 763 1163 1663 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

My gosh- the accuracy-weather is saying 27! for today. That can't be right!

No little black kitty when we took our last walk last night and none this morning, but something ate the little dish of dog food that I left nearby. ( Hope I am not feeding that SKUNK!)
    Well, the last few days have taken their toll and I am resting todAy -off my feet. Sounds like I am in good company!

With no TV, I can spend some time reading a book I started.

Well,folks...keep calm and carry on regardless.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @walkonby ....ugh, yes...it was embarassing of course, and no one needed that kind of excitement before dinner!! I'm better today, but still not out of the woods.
    @Natalka , I hope your doctor is gentle with yanking out those staples...the first guy I had to remove about 15 of them on my leg...omg it was absolute torture!! So the next time I had to have the same thing done, I was scared for days! A female nurse did it and I hardly felt a THING! The 3rd time, another gal and gentle as a mouse!! Guys? Not a chance of going near one for staple-removals!! I'm sure your doctor will be fine...you've been through enough already.

Well, I need a new handmixer, and noticed the Bay's ad for a sale on small appliances, and there was the one I wanted, a 5-speed Kitchenaid. Reg $90 for $50. Good think I checked out "Best Buy" because they're REGULAR $50 0n there!! Some sale. AND at BB I (okay, my DH) can just go and pick it up! Now...what colour??

Hope everyone's enjoying this balmy summer day....24 feels like 31 today!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dr called and said they can't find the tool, so she will get one and come tomorrow morning.
    My son said it hurt when he got his taken out after his broken leg surgery.
    My Dr said it will be painless, said no one has ever hurt when she does it.
    Ah, I don't believe it, I told her to bring extra lidocaine.

I see KA has some new colours, Lynn, but are you matching any other KA you own? I like the hot sauce and guava.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Dr called and said they can't find the tool, so she will get one and come tomorrow morning.
    My son said it hurt when he got his taken out after his broken leg surgery.
    My Dr said it will be painless, said no one has ever hurt when she does it.
    Ah, I don't believe it, I told her to bring extra lidocaine.

I see KA has some new colours, Lynn, but are you matching any other KA you own? I like the hot sauce and guava.
    Hi, Nat....I think what the nurses did was to ease out one side, then the other instead of just yanking it out from the middle. If she says patients don't complain then relax, she probable does it that way, too.

I have a KA stand mixer, but it's a boring white. It doesn't stand on our counter though since space is limited here, so I don't want a boring white one. I have my eye on the torquoise or pale yellow since they remind me of 50s colours.
    I just noticed that they're also on at Superstore for $50! So with our points card, that's where I'll get my DH to buy it for me...or us...since he's a darn good cook, also.

I get a little excited about appliances. Hahaha!!
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, sad news on my Hubby's side of the family, so I'm here asking that you to please keep them in your prayers and thoughts.

Our nephew, just a couple of years older than our DD has been diagnosed with throat cancer, two spots very near his jaw, so he'll be having radiation treatments 5 days/week for 7 weeks. He says that they feel it's treatable, but boy, he's in for a very rough time of it, there are so many nasty conditions that this can and likely will cause for the duration. His Dad (my DH's oldest brother) was just put on oxygen at home since his breathing isn't up to par, and his Mom has Parkinson's.
    I've been trying to think of something to do, and I guess cooking up some dinners would be helpful...particulary, I think, homemade soups, cream soups, esp for our Nephew since he'll have a sore throat, mouth, etc. It'll be something he can grab and sip on when he feels up to it. I'll make a couple of French meat pies, since she's always made it, being French and loving them and I guess they haven't had an authentic one for a very long time.
    I'll ask DH to deliver them sometime next week when his treatments start, poor kid. He lives with his parents and of course, is off work for 2 months so far.

So please send up a few prayers and good vibes for him and for his family.
    Thank you.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tough news, Lynn. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

Just a suggestion for what to make - when my sister's husband was having treatments for esophageal CA, she learned about bone broth. It's not just stock, much more intense. You can Google if you like for more info and recipes.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Tough news, Lynn. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

Just a suggestion for what to make - when my sister's husband was having treatments for esophageal CA, she learned about bone broth. It's not just stock, much more intense. You can Google if you like for more info and recipes.
    Yes, Nat, I've seen that, and just thought..."it's just stock! been making that for years!"....now I'll look at a few recipes again to see what the fuss is about. Using that as stock for some of my soup recipes would be great...that bought stuff is just icky.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Well, sad news on my Hubby's side of the family, so I'm here asking that you to please keep them in your prayers and thoughts.

Our nephew, just a couple of years older than our DD has been diagnosed with throat cancer, two spots very near his jaw, so he'll be having radiation treatments 5 days/week for 7 weeks. He says that they feel it's treatable, but boy, he's in for a very rough time of it, there are so many nasty conditions that this can and likely will cause for the duration. His Dad (my DH's oldest brother) was just put on oxygen at home since his breathing isn't up to par, and his Mom has Parkinson's.
    I've been trying to think of something to do, and I guess cooking up some dinners would be helpful...particulary, I think, homemade soups, cream soups, esp for our Nephew since he'll have a sore throat, mouth, etc. It'll be something he can grab and sip on when he feels up to it. I'll make a couple of French meat pies, since she's always made it, being French and loving them and I guess they haven't had an authentic one for a very long time.
    I'll ask DH to deliver them sometime next week when his treatments start, poor kid. He lives with his parents and of course, is off work for 2 months so far.

Thank you.
    Ohhhhhh lynn ..so sad hear news about your DH nephew..sending my thoughts and prayers to him and his family..hope and pray everything works out for him with his treatments ..take good care of yourself to sweetie
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

Thank you.
    @Lynn49 that is very sad news indeed. I will definitely keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping that this road your DH nephew will be on will be an easy and very successful one.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning all.
    @Lynn49 , that is sad news, but thank you for sharing. It's never easy to hear that the C-Monster has popped up somewhere, and it's that much harder to hear when it rears it ugly head in someone so young. Thoughts and Prayer from the Lady and I here.

Another busy day.
    Still POed about this past weekend.

Have a great day folks.
    Enjoy the warm weather.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - I am so sorry to hear about your nephew! My BrotherB's father-in-law has come through chemo and radiation in his neck/throat area. It's a good thing we have such capable and caring professionals available to guide people on this journey. It's not easy. Loving family is, of course, an immeasurable help. Prayers for everyone concerned.

@Dang er Dan - family can be so annoying and even hurtful, at times. Maybe now is the time to plan a lovely, romantic trip elsewhere for Christmas for just the 2 + doggie of you. Make a new tradition for YOUR family that might include a very short drop-in to see them.

Today I get my new orthotics and go for the blood work I avoided yesterday. I'm going to pack every shoe/boot I own to see if they fit them comfortably.

I have been waking up early as I have no TV and so have been getting to bed earlier. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Well, the man who lived across from my brotherB has finally been transferred from the burn unit in Hamilton to the hospital here in Kitchener. Yesterday he was charged with first degree, pre-meditated murder, 2 counts of arson and various other charges. He will appear in court, perhaps by audio, on Friday. If he pleads guilty, then the families will be saved from re-living all the gory details. It's yet another shock to the system for those affected.

Well, cleaning person is coming at 10. I need a shower before she gets here and a certain young lady wouldn't mind a walk, thank, you very much!

Sounds like a beautiful day here, but my heart and prayers go out to the folks along the Gulf Coast. What a horrible few days they are facing!

Have a very nice day, folks!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    ... @Danger_Dan - family can be so annoying and even hurtful, at times. Maybe now is the time to plan a lovely, romantic trip elsewhere for Christmas for just the 2 + doggie of you. Make a new tradition for YOUR family that might include a very short drop-in to see them...
    Thanks @avoncallingu . Hurtful doesn't even begin to describe what transpired this past weekend, but that's a point I'm not going to get into. The Lady and I had a good long discussion last night about up coming family functions in the next few weeks, and Christmas this year.

Things are a bit dicey and up in the air regarding family functions right now (the closest one happening two days from now, this Friday).

Regarding Christmas, this year it's just going to be the three of us. That's it, no heading out to visit others. If others would like to come see us, we will accommodate them (minus the in-laws, they aren't welcome, a the moment).

I know it may sound a little anti-social, or like we are being reclusive, but it'll actually be the first stretch of time where the two of us, and now Cooper, will be at home together for more than a three day weekend, where we can relax and just do our own thing at home, without worrying or working on a project for someone else. We can finally enjoy OUR home together!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

damn...didn't even noticed I passed 60K in posts...

why didn't anyone tell me that I talk too much...!?
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congrats, Dan on passing that milestone!

Lol, I can't exactly be the one to comment about talking too much... Though I slowed down this past year.

Son came over yesterday, and sure noticed the progress I have made in just two days. He is such a cheerleader for me!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had to stop and save because my husband was ready to put my compression stocking on.

Hoping all of you have a lovely day.
    Lynn, I am hoping your owie is better!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information