User Tag List

Page 661 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 761 1161 1661 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jays, those look so pretty, and yummy too.
    Lynn, I haven't made them, but a recipe I had bookmarked has them done in muffin tins.

https://www.puffpastry.com/recipe/apple-roses/

Good morning!
    So, I am coming along, albeit slowly. I am terribly weak.

We are having our Thanksgiving supper today, and I am keeping things very basic - everything will still be yummy!

Hoping you are all doing well!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

@Natalka , thank you for that recipe with a muffin tin, AND love, love the idea of the apricot preserve...we love raspberry, and I use the seedless rasp jam as a coulis when I make my "Too Much Chocolate" cake, also from allrecipes. I water it down with a little vodka...
    Seems my energy level is pretty low to non-existent today, so I'll have to save it for another day. I'll need a nap before we head out later.

Enjoy your day everyone!!
    Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  D38483C1-76AD-4E4A-B5F7-BA52C5CDAD5E.jpeg
Views: 150
Size:  302.3 KB
    Natalka, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech and Natalka like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

The house is perfect for us! Small but it's a starter. Thanks everyone for your kind words

I'm having thanksgiving dinner today, and tomorrow! Very thankful

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ah, finally time to myself...DH went out to pick up a porketta for dinner tonight and then out to St. Vincent de Paul to drop off stuff, GS is in school...so before I get into mischief here, thought I'd pop in and say "HI!".

@avoncallingu, that thingy is just called a fold and stitch wreath...some gal invented the idea and everyone's bought her pattern, but I just fiddled around on google, put info together and we're making our own. Patterns? Phhht! Hahaha! We got about 1/2 way through yesterday, and are just using scrap fabric we have from other projects to get the hang of it before..ahem...perfecting our creations.
    Enjoy your play and dinner this evening!

@c_mcarthur, congrats on purchasing your new home! Always exciting...any fixin' up to do or is it perfect just the way it is?

@Newfiescreech, so help me if you say "walk on the beach" one more time, I'LL be the one screeching!! Enjoy it all while you can...if we think about what it's like in those snowy prairies, ugh...can't even imagine that heading our way one day! And last year your spring didn't show up for ages!! Hope you have a better one this year. I plan on hybernating all winter so no worries here. Have fun on your day off, but knowing you, not a moment will be spent "relaxing"!!

@Natalka, hope everyone's taking good care of you and that you're relaxing, although I wonder if you don't feel more like jumping out of bed and getting on with things again!! But no. Sit! Stay. Good girl!

Okay! Have a wonderful day, everyone!!!

Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!

At church today we celebrated the accomplishments and accolades of our Nobel Prize winner-Donna Strickland (Professor in Physics.) She was embarrassed, crying, appreciative and very humble. There was not any evidence that it was Thanksgiving which disappointed me. The message was about gratefulness, but no one had decorated. Our "movers and groovers" were away, or sick or thinking someone else had the job. The minister is just temporary and I guess she thought someone else would decorate. I was sad. But, then, I didn't think to do it, either.

Went out to lunch with BrotherR and a couple of people from church. The one lady has finished chemo for breast cancer and is starting daily radiation for 9 weeks this Tuesday.

I've been waxing sentimental. It was ...cough... 50 years ago this fall that I started at university. And 15 years ago this weekend that my DH and I got engaged on Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, FL. A very wrinkly older fellow in a much-too-small Speedo bathing suit took our picture for us. We look so young and healthy and happy in that picture!

I am having a little rest to rest up from all my running around. Then I have to decide exactly WHAT I will serve tomorrow because our grocery stores are not open.

All the streets downtown are being prepared for the Oktoberfest parade tomorrow. My brotherR is going but there's no way I can stand in the cold to watch it. I will try to get it on TV, if I can get someone to help me get it working again.

Got to snooze for an hour or so.
    Keep up the yummy fun, folks!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sun, Oct 7th, 2018 at 03:51 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  9FF08EAD-EDD3-43D1-B5D1-608DE9F93396.jpeg
Views: 149
Size:  89.7 KB
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! Hope you have wonderful day with family and friends ..Don’t just give thanks today ..we should give THANKS every day ..take care

Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone. Hope you all have a good day with family and friends.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Almost time to get that birdie in. Family and friend time today.😊

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Almost time to get that birdie in. Family and friend time today.
    Avoncallingu..Happy Thanksgiving to you sweetie ..have wonderful day with your family and friends..take good care yourself..Relax some too
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

There are so many things to be thankful for this year!

Take care, and enjoy the day!
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

greetings all!! From a very full hostess. Our Thanksgiving meal yesterday afternoon was just lovely.
    Very happy that I decided to buy that Butterball bird from Loblaws after all. He produced a ton of juices for DH to manufacture his velvety gravy from and the meat was exceptionally moist. We'll be getting another one like that for Christmas for sure.

First time I ever used those plastic " button " thingys you push into the thickest part of the breast and it pops up when the meat is safe to eat, properly cooked through. The stuffed bird went into the oven at 7 a.m. both buttons popped at 12:45. ( I used 2 of them because the pkg I bought came with 2 )
    Out of the oven to rest, might have been a good 25 min before I carved it up but until then it was covered with a thick bath towel.
    This time I remembered to take his picture before I carved it!

Every time we have a meal like this I bake/roast all the favourites, and each time I hope that 2 of my kids will at least TRY the darn winter harvest veggies! ( I mean how can ya not love acorn, butternut squash and sweet potatoes?? ) Nope, those two stick with the standards....mashed spuds, carrots, green beans, corn....BORING!!

So this morning I blended up a delicious cream soup using all of the above, I even tossed in the leftover grilled zucchini and bell peppers for extra flavour. Nothing like a creamy soup in these chillier days. Neither of those two brats will eat the soup either but that is o.k. ONE day I'll get them!!

It just started raining right now.......uh oh....noisy thunder too. My doggies will soon be wandering over beside me....lol
    No going for a walk in this guys....nap time!!!

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend everyone.

ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks!

Walks, I just found the pop-up thingies in the drawer, too. I have prepared to prepare a squash dish, a sweet potato dish, a carrot and peas dish. Broccoli is coming, mashed potatoes and cauliflower is coming, pumpkin and apple pie-stuffing from bird. Gravy ready to be produced. I'm resting for a little while because I am "done" too.

BrotherB came over this morning and tried to get my TV fixed. No Go -they will finally be sending a technician and 2 new recievers. I will receive an email about when.

He helped me to move around some furniture too that I have needed help to move. Living area is beginning to look like a living area. (Both bedrooms still look like bombs have gone off.)

I will be getting new orthotics this week and then, maybe I can stand for longer. My feet are just burning right now and shooting pains in my toe. I have to get some relief from this!

Enough griping, already!

Happy days are here again,..... follow (fill in the blank) back to beer again! And we'll sing a song of cheer again, Happy days are here again!

Can you tell it's Oktoberfest?

Prosit!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Thread Information