User Tag List

Page 1666 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 666 1166 1566 1616 1656 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1676 1716 1766 ... LastLast
Results 24,976 to 24,990 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby , I think this is the first year we didn't keep our tree up until our Little Christmas! Strange for us, but I think I just needed my open spaces again. I don't have chatchki around, and Christmas decorations can sure be described as those, lol! Growing up, Little Christmas was different from regular Christmas....more visitors, carolers, less insular, more of an inclusive type of celebration. Even as kids and into our teens, we really enjoyed them on an entirely new level.

Nothing going on, nothing will, either, since my body is rebelling against all the activity we did yesterday. Just fibro fun.

It's going to be an interesting Olympics this year! Time's running out for any athletes testing positive before they get booted off the squad. Personally I wouldn't chance going there then testing positive and being quarantined in China!

Enjoy 2022, everyone, stay vigilant, stay healthy, although I've heard that we're all going to get it at one time or another.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning! We have snow! Atm, it is just unassuming little delicate flakes drifting innocently down. They think I am unaware that they congregate and form a union! ha! I was onto them like sour cream on perogies today.
    DH had been gifted 2 winters ago this adorable electric snow shovel. Well the delivery came after the snow was done, so it got pushed to the back of the storeroom, but tbh no hard feelings here because it was nearly free from amazon with the sale and GC applied, etc.

I...yes ME...I unboxed it today and figured out how to assemble it. I hate forcing a plastic part onto where they say I should put it because what if it snaps? It didn't snap but it made this scary sound as it locked into place....and I screamed....ha ha.

The maiden voyage took place about 45 min. ago out on the front deck and I cleared both the landing and the path all the way to the end where the driveway starts. Absolutely not convinced that cleaning the vehicle off and parking on the street to really test this new toy on the driveway would thrill me that much, so I stopped.

When I came inside I looked like a powdered donut! But it was kinda exciting to use it.

That's my thrill for today @Lynn49 ....hoping your fibro symptoms take a hike!! ((hugs))
    Skippy, Lynn49 and crafter like this.

babies teach us acceptance

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

walkonby we have a very small snowblower. IT works great for about 6-8 inches of snow. Otherwise you need something stronger, but it does the trick. And yes we look like the abominable snowman when we are done.

I see that some ofyou hae taken down your Christmas tree and/or decorations. We keep ours on until Jan 14th, Ukrainian New Year. After that everythings gets put away.
    Skippy, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    walkonby we have a very small snowblower. IT works great for about 6-8 inches of snow. Otherwise you need something stronger, but it does the trick. And yes we look like the abominable snowman when we are done.

I see that some ofyou hae taken down your Christmas tree and/or decorations. We keep ours on until Jan 14th, Ukrainian New Year. After that everythings gets put away.
    Wow, @SnowFlakey , after Ukrainian New Year!! I can't recall us keeping everything up that long, usually it all came down after Ukrainian Christmas. I think Mom was d-o-n-e with the tree dropping it's needles by then, lol...a Virgo...q-tips the corners and all that. Hahaha!

Well, being way up here in the north, we do have one of those huge snow blowers, although Hubby has only needed it once this winter. Our drive-way is totally clear and our reindeer out front only have their hooves covered in snow, so we're all breathing a sigh of relief that so little snow has accumulated so far this season. I'm not anticipating that'll last through to the spring, however.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So who else is SO ANGRY at our Canadian farmers for adding PALM FAT into their cows' diets?!!! I KNEW something was wrong when I've had to nuke the butter from out of the cupboard nearly every single time in order to spread it!! That's the palm fat, folks! And no, it won't be on your nutrition labels because it's fed to the cows, not to us! Yah?? Well it's not in the butter, so I feel that as an additive, it should be on the labels!!
    Does anyone produce REAL butter now???

https://www.organiccouncil.ca/gettin...ry-production/

What's not mentioned in the article is that rain-forests are being burned down and replaced by palm-oil producers, producing even more greenhouse problems than we already have!!!

Buttergate: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56205239

Back to Becai, I guess, with less palm fat than butter!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jan 2nd, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

GULP!!! @Lynn49 I was in the dark about " Palm Oil added to butter-gate!! " No sarcasm here, this ticks me off too! I use a lot of it, both salted and unsalted. Alternatives will be examined now. ty for posting.
    Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

A very cold day here was planning a walk but will wait and see it it warns up later.

@Lynn49 I was also in the dark about the Palm oil adding to the cows diet. We used lot of this stuff will looking into what alternative there is .
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone!
    Happy New Year!
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth

Welcome back @danger_dan ! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and new years
    Lynn49, SnowFlakey and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning all....you are so right @flemeth to hold off on that walk, it's nasty cold out there! @GoJays your post about the invention of celery will tickle a certain members fancy! ( her user name rhymes with Sinsortyfine )
    I'm full of beans today! What trouble can I get in that won't get me arrested?
    This staying put is starting to affect my memory. What day is it? I never know.
    Did I just feed the cats? Their dishes look empty but I don't recall. They say I didn't, so now the cats are speaking to me?
    Nothing but a day of searching for something interesting to watch on the tube.

Have a surprising week everyone....I'm pretty sure it's Monday.
    Lynn49, GoJays, SnowFlakey and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@GoJays , that delery meme is bang on!! I tell my family that if I had come across that stuff in the wild for the first time, it would have remained a weed! Ugh! It's fine in soups, dressing, but to just pick up and eat?! It's not nice, we've just been told it is!

Let Jenny out this morning and I don't think she got much past the gate I closed to the back yard before she did her business; likely in mid-June, lol! No chasing squirrels this morning, they're hiding, too! -18 going up to a balmy -9.
    Ah, well....like @walkonby , a day of watching TV, and likely playing with my Cricut.

As to that BUTTER DEBACLE, the first thing that I questioned about butter was how hard it is, now, straight out if the cupboard! When have I ever had to nuke it to soften it enough to butter toast?!
    That's when I did my skeuthing and found out about the palm fat!
    Why is this still a national secret?! No news about it!
    Our "news" channels are being channeled, alright! Handled by them that know what's best for us, by keeping us in the dark!!!

We plebians couldn't understand or handle the truth!

Stay warm and well, everyone!

***I just contacted Marketplace and asked them where their report is on this issue!! CBC has likely been told to bury this story!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jan 3rd, 2022 at 09:27 AM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

super cold outside! Hey for anyone in QC,hot dogs are 69 cents at Lafleur's! Great deal.

And speaking of snowblowers, hubby was clearing the walkway yesterday evening and our neighbour across the street came over with his leaf blower and cleaned our car with his leaf blower! Ive seen this on the net somewhere but first time in action in real life. Cool idea.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Mon, Jan 3rd, 2022 at 10:50 AM.
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Thread Information