User Tag List

Page 1742 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 742 1242 1642 1692 1732 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1752 1792 1842 ... LastLast
Results 26,116 to 26,130 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It's Friday!! A great day for many hard working members on here. Drink in the whole day, we have sort of gloomy, wet weather atm, but that can always change.
    How happy was McDavid last night scoring that O.T. goal for the Oilers to advance and eliminate the Flames?
    Also how terribly awful that Calgary had what they thought was the winning goal pulled back.
    ( it was deemed a " kicking motion " with the players foot? " .....ugh, I'd never want to be the one that looks over every angle of the puck going over the line and making that call )

Carry on. Bit of grocery shopping and top up of the gas tank and I'll consider myself productive today.

Name:  fill 'er up.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  10.3 KB
    harbie, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Purdee, GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quick question: has anyone here ordered from Zazzle.ca? There's a t-shirt that I'd love to get as a joke gift for our SIL...he just bought, I think, his and our GS's 8th guitar, lol...and there's a perfect t-shirt out there for that.
    Just wondering if it's a legit site for Canada.
    Silk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Quick question: has anyone here ordered from Zazzle.ca? There's a t-shirt that I'd love to get as a joke gift for our SIL...he just bought, I think, his and our GS's 8th guitar, lol...and there's a perfect t-shirt out there for that.
    I ordered a mug from there and personally I was very disappointed in the quality, that being said they were great at refunding me my money back but the “artist” that I placed the order from never responded to my several attempts contact her.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sorry @Lynn49 I've never visited that site before. However, I looked it up and let me take a guess at the T-shirt you want to order from there. Is it this one? ha ha

Name:  guitars aplenty.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  38.9 KB
    harbie and Lynn49 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Lynn49 - @harbie shared her experience below. And I did a quick Google search for you and reviews are mixed. I did find this from the Better Business Bureau. Fyi, it does refers to the .com site:

Zazzle (dot) com Inc (I did not not want to post the link here )
    T Shirts

ADDITIONAL COMPLAINT INFORMATION
    Customer Complaint:This business receives a high volume of complaints. Consistent with BBB policy, effective 1/1/2018, BBB is publishing the details of 25% of this business’ complaints online. All complaints are counted in the total number of complaints.

https://www.bbb.org/us/nv/reno/profile/t-shirts/zazzlecom-inc-1116-75025/complaints
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 07:08 AM.
    Have a great life!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Saturday All

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^^^ ha ha !!! I love that pared down list of things that spark interest @Lynn49 .
    Good to hear your eye procedure went well.
    I know one sc member ( @Silk !! ) who is over the moon right now as her GSW beat the Dallas Mavericks.
    They advance to play ??? on ????. I am not a very informed NBA fan, just a looky loo when things get exciting.

<snip>I agree about the news in the USA atm, just too much. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
    @walkonby - When you're right, you're right! I am thrilled the Golden State Warriors beat the Mavs and are advancing to the finals. Happy Camper here But what made me cry is Steph Curry getting the Magic Johnson Western Conference finals MVP award. It's a new award so he's the first. Although GSW won the series and is advancing to the finals, Steph's reaction after receiving the award was "Now I'm happy!" Steph's haters always bring up the fact that he's never won the NBA Finals MVP. Ok, this is 'just' for the Western Conference but he is so under-rated and under-appreciated.I do hope GSW wins the finals and he gets the NBA Finals MVP so it can finally shut those haters up!

We don't know yet who they will be playing - the Miami Heat forced a game 7 last night so they are tied 3-3 with the Boston Celtics. The last and deciding game will be Sunday nite. The Celtics are favored to win, partly because Miami has a lot of injured players. Other than some top players for the 2 teams, I don't know much about them. If you followed the Raptors, you'll know who Kyle Lowry is - well he is now with the Miami Heat. Other names you may have heard of are Jimmy Butler (Miami) and Jason Tatum (Boston). Both incredible shooters.

Game 1 of the Finals is on Thursday. The Warriors are getting a nice rest while waiting to learn who they'll be playing against. Go Dubs!!! (Dubs is the nickname for GSW). I am part of Dub Nation (Dubs fanbase).

Ok, I wrote more than probably anyone wants to know! lol But here's a trivia question for anyone still reading: How did the Warriors get the nickname "Dubs"? Take your best guess and try not to Google it. Honour system Sorry, I don't have any prizes or trophies to hand out - you'll just have the satisfaction of knowing you figured it out (hey, that's a clue!)

Thanks, Walks - for this chance to talk about one of my favorite things! Btw, I see your Blue Jays are doing well!

And wondering - any other NBA fans here?
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 08:13 AM.
    harbie, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning all! Happy Caturday.
    Did anyone do what I did last night and flip the channel off from the IIHF game because Canada down 3-0 vs Sweden for most of the game?
    With less than 3 min. left it was now 3-1, so I switched channels figuring......pffft!
    However, Canada gets a power play and OMG!! they end up tying and winning in O.T. and I missed it!
    They will now play Czechoslovakia tonight!

In other very exciting hockey news, The Avalanche won their series with the Blues, but won it with mere seconds ( 5.6 ) left in the third. Fun times if you enjoy hockey I guess.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lol!!! @Silk we are both up fan-girling about our sports! ha ha
    So I HAD to google the Dubs nickname thing, now I know but I won't share it here because I cheated to find out.

Silk did you see this sort of " slip of the tongue " that Kyle Lowry had in the interview? ha ha "
    Don't fine me NBA, don't fine me "

WARNING : he uses a bad word!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cvowKPR_ONc
    harbie, Silk and Lynn49 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

lol!!! @Silk we are both up fan-girling about our sports! ha ha
    So I HAD to google the Dubs nickname thing, now I know but I won't share it here because I cheated to find out.

Silk did you see this sort of " slip of the tongue " that Kyle Lowry had in the interview? ha ha "
    Don't fine me NBA, don't fine me "

WARNING : he uses a bad word!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cvowKPR_ONc
    @walkonby - No, I didn't see that! Thanks for sharing the link - that is hilarious! Funny, I was flipping channels and saw him and Jimmy doing that interview but didn't stick around to watch. I've always liked Kyle. I'll never forgot seeing the joy on his face when he realized the Raptors were on the verge of making it to the finals.

Re: "Dubs" - now you're on the inside track! I had to Google it when I first heard it also

Well, you follow a lot more sports than I do! Where do you find the time?! lol
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Morning everyone. Off to work shortly……. I don’t normally work weekends but since Dh had Covid and we were on lockdown and I was on self monitoring I had to push some clients back and cancel others. My body isn’t into this weekend work thing, it wants to curl up with a coffee and relax (maybe nap too lol).

Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @walkonby
    Well, you follow a lot more sports than I do! Where do you find the time?! lol
    @Silk I've been retired since 2013, DH always asks me " what's new ? " and I know he's only interested in what happened in the sports world while he was at work. Oh and also I have a very low threshold for housework....bwahaha!!

So....I showed a snapshot of this bird ( who lives in sunny California apparently ) to Frankie and I swear I heard him chirp " Showoff ! " before he hop-hobbled away on his own lame feet.

Name:  showoff.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  21.2 KB
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Silk I've been retired since 2013, DH always asks me " what's new ? " and I know he's only interested in what happened in the sports world while he was at work. Oh and also I have a very low threshold for housework....bwahaha!!
    @walkonby - I also have a low threshold for housework - but I live alone so unfortunately I always get stuck with it!
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 03:25 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!

First of all, thank you, @harbie, @walkonby, @Silk, for your input wrt zazzle. Dang it, I really wish there was a Canadian site that has the t-shirt I want for our SIL as a gag gift for his b'day in early July! The other site that has it, is Teepubic.com, but again....no idea when it will arrive! I did 'chat' with someone there and the weird thing is: once they receive the order, it can take 3-4 days to "make it", then it's sent out. So...will it arrive before July 6th?! Gah!

Walkonby, you were SO close with that t-shirt you posted, and amof it was one of the ones I was looking at, available in Canada, but the one I really want is this one:

That's exactly what happened last week when he was with our GS at his guitar lesson! There it was, on the wall of used guitars, still in original wrapping, and boom! "Can't leave that behind!" is his motto, lol!!!
    So now they have about 8 guitars, acoustic, electric, a few ukeleles, but the best part is, is our GS is now playing classical music, and OMG, his playing is like listening to a Spanish guitar playing!! I told him that when I'm finally on my death-bed, he must just play me into the beyond!!!
    I may keep looking into making one for him, but there's a lot of work involved (read: am I talented enough?) as well as finding the right t-shirt (can't be 100% cotton for infusion printing). I don't like vinyl.
    You know this family ALL TOO WELL, Missy!!!

Well, we finally have sunshine again!! The neighbourhood is buzzing with mowers, my peony plants have tons of buds on them, birds are flying around and chirping....this is what we wait for all winter loooong!!!

AMAZON Report: I wandered over to amazon last night and picked up another set of 2 t-shirts, just fantastic, short sleeves, nice low-ish scoop-neck, 2/$24...I mean where can you find quality like that in a store?!! NO where! The silver fortune cookie I bought to put cash into for our GS's grad turned out to be better than I thought it would be! Honestly, reading reviews really helps! It's larger than the dimensions posted, and so heavy, it really would make a cute paper-weight!! Now I just have to find an appropriate quote for his "fortune". There are so many to choose from! So pleased, and yes, I love Amazon!!!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!! The kids here have an 80th b'day party/family reunion today for one of our SIL's uncles, which the sun came out for finally!!

Toodles, sorry for such a long post!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, May 28th, 2022 at 10:07 AM.
    harbie, Silk and walkonby like this.

Thread Information