User Tag List

Page 1947 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 947 1447 1847 1897 1937 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1957 ... LastLast
Results 29,191 to 29,205 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning.

A performance day at Cambrian College for the 1st year nursing students who are studying geriatric care this year….sigh….thats me, I guess…geriatric. I’m acting now, so a bit jittery as opposed to my wheelhouse, just being the moderator.
    Name:  A Star is Born.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  29.5 KB
    Skippy likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Lynn49 hope that your acting gig went well and that it's the beginning of greater things!
    Not much happening my way had a full blown migraine yesterday but thankfully better today. I was going to say is it me or is this thread quiet lately however it could be both as I make time for reading and not necessarily for posting!
    Back to winter today but still manageable.I heard more snow on the way for down east so I won't complain!
    Enjoy your pancakes today if so inclined!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Name:  A Star is Born.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  29.5 KB
    Hahahahaha!! Not hardly, @walkonby , but I did receive rave reviews from my group! Much better this 2nd time in front of the 1st year nursing students, such a receptive group, they asked so many pertinent questions about aging, and even asked if they could ALL have a picture taken with us!! Their teacher took the pic, and we're all anxious to see it!
    I'm much more comfortable in front of an audience in my role as monitor, but this acting thing can sure pump one's heart!
    I think I like it! Hahaha!!
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    @Lynn49 hope that your acting gig went well and that it's the beginning of greater things!
    Not much happening my way had a full blown migraine yesterday but thankfully better today. I was going to say is it me or is this thread quiet lately however it could be both as I make time for reading and not necessarily for posting!
    Back to winter today but still manageable.I heard more snow on the way for down east so I won't complain!
    Enjoy your pancakes today if so inclined!
    Thank you, @Skippy , it went very well, my nerves were more settled this time and it seems it's my role now for as long as I want it, so I guess I done good!
    Sorry to year about your migraines, our DD used to get them, poor kid; I hope you have good meds and nice, quiet lay-downs that help. Any kind of pain is so hard to deal with as we age; it seems when one thing hurts, everything hurts!

It has been quiet lately...can't blame that on people busily shovelling out or mowing their lawns, although the later can't come fast enough!!!

Take care, Skipper!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Happy Valentine’s Day.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oy!! We dodged the snow bullet last night here in my area of Scarberia. However, the temps last night were so bitter cold, I found that out as I walked down the path to the food bucket with no coat on! Not sure what I'll do today, if I feel up to it I might bring the large box that needs to be sent back to amazon via the Purolator outlet at the hole in the wall at a nearby strip mall. Finally got the postage paid return label this morning.
    Enjoy your hump day!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

oy!! We dodged the snow bullet last night here in my area of Scarberia. However, the temps last night were so bitter cold, I found that out as I walked down the path to the food bucket with no coat on! Not sure what I'll do today, if I feel up to it I might bring the large box that needs to be sent back to amazon via the Purolator outlet at the hole in the wall at a nearby strip mall. Finally got the postage paid return label this morning.
    Enjoy your hump day!
    Good morning, everyone!
    @walkonby , doesn’t intercom pick up your Amazon returns? I’ve used that service twice, and it’s easier than trudging to the post office. Nice to hear you’re up and getting around again, though.

Those colder temps sure have returned here, -7 this morning, but the snow we got has somehow melted, so that’s nice. There’s still snow out there, but hard surfaces are clear, and omgosh SO little compared to other years!

Our missing city councillor, Michael Vagnini, missing since January 27th has been found, unfortunately deceased, near an off-road near his truck. He left home without his cell phone, medications…judging by the number of people at his vigils, in search parties, he will be truly and deeply missed in his community.

Enjoy your day, everyone…I like the saying: you woke up today, someone did not.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Lynn49 I was going to ask you about your City Councillor after I heard the gruesome discovery of his body. Investigation ongoing as to his cause of death.
    Hooray for the least amount of snowfall ( so far ) this year. Let's keep that record going.
    Oh and yes there is a Purolator pick up option here as well. I've been trying my best to move a little more each day ( when knees permit ), so taking the parcel
    over gives me the badge of exercise!
    Also, if I leave it on my deck to be picked up, that's a risk. BUT if I leave it inside, then I have to make that stupid mad dash to the front door when they ring the bell ( and wake up the sleeping giants upstairs ) . So see now why I take the parcels over? ha ha Options are lousy.

I simply cannot leave before I post my anger over the FIVE games suspension Morgan Reilly received for that powder puff hit in the game against Ottawa.
    Really NHL?? Are you sure you didn't mix up Reilly's name with KADRI!!?? They kind of rhyme. You remember him? That ex Maple Leaf who you constantly
    OVER penalized in all of his suspension hearings. No matter, he won a Stanley Cup later with The Avalanche.
    Whatever motivated the Leaf's in last night's game they somehow overcame Reilly's absence and miraculously weathered both Marner and Tavares being last minute scratches due to illness to trounce the St. Louis Blues 4-1 !! Oh and Bobby McMann ended up being the HERO with a hat trick!
    Rant over.. @flemeth any comments from your gang? ha ha
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Feb 14th, 2024 at 08:59 AM.
    Skippy and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 I was going to ask you about your City Councillor after I heard the gruesome discovery of his body. Investigation ongoing as to his cause of death.
    Hooray for the least amount of snowfall ( so far ) this year. Let's keep that record going.
    Oh and yes there is a Purolator pick up option here as well. I've been trying my best to move a little more each day ( when knees permit ), so taking the parcel
    over gives me the badge of exercise!
    Also, if I leave it on my deck to be picked up, that's a risk. BUT if I leave it inside, then I have to make that stupid mad dash to the front door when they ring the bell ( and wake up the sleeping giants upstairs ) . So see now why I take the parcels over? ha ha Options are lousy.

I simply cannot leave before I post my anger over the FIVE games suspension Morgan Reilly received for that powder puff hit in the game against Ottawa.
    Really NHL?? Are you sure you didn't mix up Reilly's name with KADRI!!?? They kind of rhyme. You remember him? That ex Maple Leaf who you constantly
    OVER penalized in all of his suspension hearings. No matter, he won a Stanley Cup later with The Avalanche.
    Whatever motivated the Leaf's in last night's game they somehow overcame Reilly's absence and miraculously weathered both Marner and Tavares being last minute scratches due to illness to trounce the St. Louis Blues 4-1 !! Oh and Bobby McMann ended up being the HERO with a hat trick!
    Rant over.. @flemeth any comments from your gang? ha ha
    @walkonby my gang was not happy with the out come for Reilly getting suspended for that many games. My DH did said that he knows that very night he was going to get suspended. We were all happy that the won last night game.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Its very nice out compared to yesterday . We are expecting some snow later today.

Last night when I watched the news my heart sunk to hear about the shooting in Kansas super bowl parade , what was supposed to be a celebration for the city turns out to be tragic. Praying for all the family’s .

Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone .

Happy Friday

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

TGIF, there's some brightness if not actual sunshine out our way today.
    Skippy and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

TGIF, there's some brightness if not actual sunshine out our way today.
    Lots of sunshine here, @walkonby , which usually announces colder weather. Which it had, and threatening to continue...-11, then +4 on Wednesday? Suuuure!!

The kids will all be in Phoenix for a week, visiting friends, so a boring week ahead for us, although we're expecting a delivery of a new living-room rug, so yah...that's the most exciting part of life right now.

Stay warm, everyone!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what a fun Leaf game that was ! 9-2 final...for us!!

Thread Information