User Tag List

Page 1955 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 955 1455 1855 1905 1945 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 ... LastLast
Results 29,311 to 29,325 of 29363
Like Tree118528Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@alex78 Seems laughter ( and alcohol ) are the best medicine for the quagmire you're in with life's responsibilities. Coupled with the joys of aging and we're twins! lol.
    At least you've come out the other side ( it seems ) with a desire to turn to small gardening projects. There's something quite rewarding when the things we plant don't die.
    Enjoy those new sheets that have you sleeping on a cloud.

This weather can be a downer in itself. I solved that problem by closing the blinds yesterday after getting back from a couple of errands. Sure I could still sort of hear the rain
    and thunder along with the high winds, but I removed the visual! I have the day off ( don't chuckle fellow retirees ) today as there are no errands to run and no work meals to
    make. T.G.I.F.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh my goodness, Alex78, if you're calling yourself 'old lady', what in the world am I at almost 75!!? Ancient, I guess...Our DD is a year older than you! Hahahaha!! What a world, huh?

Your choices of beverages sound delightful and I haven't had any of them! Time to shop soon, I think! Also, I can't wait to get my hands dirty in soil and plants again! Oh, when will this 'winter' end?!

Dinner out with friends last night was lovely....Hubby ordered a "Whistler's Wood" drink, described as a bourbon/apple combination with a slight smokey flavour...omgosh, what a display! Our waitress placed a cloche which was on a cute wooden platform in front of him, filled with smoke, and when she opened it she swirled it into the air so our table as well, evidently, across to a couple near us....oh, that appley smoke felt like a prelude to our soon to be camping days again! Naturally the other fella needed one, too, and the couple suggested we continue ordering them as they were enjoying that summer campfire smoke, too! As for the drink...oh my!!!!! My rosemary/ginger cocktail paled in comparison, although it reminded me more of Christmas than campfires, hahaha! We returned to our place after 2 hours of eating, chatting, and had my cream of coconut/pecan pie with ice-cream...went over a bomb! I'm so glad I tried that recipe! I had a chai tea with my friend to keep her company, the boys had scotch, and they left after about 2 hours...then I had MY scotch! Haha!

So today these VERY old bones are resting. Hubby picked up "That Stuff For Pain" at Home Hardware..$36 for a small spray bottle, but it works so well at taking pain away! If any of you are in any back, hip, anywhere pain, it's brilliant! Someone also suggested an "equine" green concoction from our equine store here!! I guess what's good for the horse is good for us?!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!!! Try to behave, @walkonby ....???
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Behave??....Moi?? Always.....

Name:  I promise.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  9.6 KB

Will head out at some point, DH will join me to hit NF for just a couple of heavier items. Happy Bunday!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Happy Sunday
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What a great way to wake up for me! In my new basement rehab bedroom! DH and DS did the most amazing job way ahead of schedule and transferred all the unnecessary items up to the spare room. My contribution was vacuuming and I took breaks.....lol. With the floorspace now wide open, the QS bed fit snuggly downstairs with lots of room for me to navigate the walker to the bathroom. It's getting closer to the day.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Apr 8th, 2024 at 08:57 AM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    What a great way to wake up for me! In my new basement rehab bedroom! DH and DS did the most amazing job way ahead of schedule and transferred all the unnecessary items up to the spare room. My contribution was vacuuming and I took breaks.....lol. With the floorspace now wide open, the QS bed fit snuggly downstairs with lots of room for me to navigate the walker to the bathroom. It's getting closer to the day.
    It’s getting closer, @walkonby ! You’ll be snuggled into that bed in no time, and boy will that feel good!
    Forgot to mention……relieved to know you nixed those ridiculous support stockings that only served to cut your leg circulation off at the band top!! I think it’s a money- grab! You’d need the strength of a body- builder to get them on! I recall older ladies in my Mom’s group wearing those beige stockings, soft fleece lined inside, nothing like the new and improved stupid circulation-cutting-off concoctions! I don’t know a soul who wears them…lots who get suckered into buying them, but certainly not wearing them! Spanx would likely do as good as job as one needs! Hahaha!

Everyone got their eclipse glasses at the ready? lol…..

Enjoy the cloudy day, everyone!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We should hang out
    And thanks for your good wishes, glad you like the memes

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    @GoJays, I enjoy your eclectic meme selection and often pilfer a few to share with my likeminded friends. I'm sorry you've been having a rough go lately. I'm sending you good vibes (and LCBO recommendations: a Frozen Black Fly lemon drop is the adult slushy you need--or a bottle of Lambrusco--a bubbly fun red).

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I got some semi-decent pictures of the eclipse. We were soooo close to totality... but not quite. Oh well. I'd like to say, maybe next time, but I don't know if there will be a next time, unless I go to it rather than waiting for it to come to me
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Purdee, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good afternoon all. Around 7 p.m. last night my left knee betrayed me! That is my " good knee " but it swelled up and was so darn painful to the touch.
    I had a setback going to physio for 8 a.m. this morning because I had to park right in front of their door AND use my walker to enter. I was bummed out
    as I'd been making decent progress before this, but it could not be bent without significant pain.

So it turns out I actually hurt my back, a pinched nerve or something. After the tens and ultrasound treatments on both knees, still on my back he pulled
    my ankle towards him and stretched out the leg. He did this 4 separate times and each time we checked if I could bend that knee. Number 4 was the charm!
    I left there with a new stretching exercise to do AND clear instructions to NOT sit or sleep on any soft couches, beds or chairs.
    Wah!!!! I love my soft bed, long leather couch and recliner.
    I'll have to re-think ( and modify ) my rehab basement room...no one needs to produce pain when it can be avoided.

Happy Tuesday all!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and flemeth like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and flemeth like this.

Thread Information