User Tag List

Page 955 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 455 855 905 945 953 954 955 956 957 965 1005 1055 1455 1955 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all my SC friends
    Its Saturday and I guess everyone is sleeping in.
    tee hee I wish @flemeth
    Here is what my a.m. consisted of.
    I arose at 5:30 a.m. , searched online for the closest Laundromat to the Clinic where I had to be at 9 for my workout.
    ( I preferred a 24 hr one or one that opened at 6 a.m. )
    Found one!!
    It was totally empty, ( the cleaner had just finished mopping up ) and it had a functioning change maker machine. ( what a treat! )
    Filled up 3 very large machines....remembered to bring my book and I almost finished it.
    Transferred clothes, towels and 2 blankets to the dryers. Everything dried and I STILL made it to my workout with 15 minutes to spare.

So why the laundromat?
    Yeah....my STUPID washer is now toast!! It was sort of whining for a few days..... then whining got louder and louder, then it began banging when it went into the spin cycle.
    When it stopped spinning the clothes dry enough to be placed into the dryer I kissed it goodbye.
    The new one is coming Friday!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We just got a huge thunderstorm here. I think it was yours, avon. Patiently waiting for more.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@avoncallingu - okay, now it's driving me nuts - what is homemade magpie? I googled and could find no such food...
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @avoncallingu - okay, now it's driving me nuts - what is homemade magpie? I googled and could find no such food...
    My very question, @GoJays ! Thank you for doing the googling for me.
    Maybe it's a typo?

Well, the sun came out for a few minutes, but at least the rain stopped for the b'day party.
    @GoJays ....as much as I really really like the people on our street, it's too many all at once...DD chuckled at that since I talk to total strangers and we had so many parties, but...I'd rather be with them.....I know you'll know what I mean. Is it my age, though? Been there, done that?

Ah, we'll see how this all goes down. I've had 2 Caesars already...maybe it'll be fun after-all...l

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I definitely understand @Lynn49 . Like the meme on Pinterest says "It's too peopley out there"

And you tagged me twice in your post instead of @Natalka

But that's ok, I don't mind.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

That should have read "meatpie " I' m certainly not eating any magpies!😂

Another big storm rolling through. Thunder and lightning! What a day!

Made it in from the grocery store and got Tootie out before this rolled in. She's sleeping blissfully unaware of the thunder.

BrotherR is going to come over for some magpie pie(lol) and I picked up some chicken pot pie and potato salad. I'm going to wait for the thunderboomers to stop before I go pick him up.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  2D6EE015-4E8D-4658-9484-532582E142C4.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  64.9 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@walkonby - I admire your determination and organization! That's poopy about your washing machine. Were you anticipating it's demise?

It was the Mennonite Relief Sale today, featuring their very famous quilt auction. I had forgotten it was today, but really, it's like drooling outside the candy store with your pockets empty. I could never afford one of those quilts. They are magnificent and sell, very aptly, for over $1,000.

Well, I have done some laundry, but this weather and pressure to get things done are playing havoc with my head.

I need to get some one to fix my electronics and "sync" them all together so I don't keep having to reset passwords only to be told "wrong password " when I go back to sign in.

Well, it sounds rainy but the thunder has passed, so off I go to pick up my Bro.

The TV will be filled with war movies this weekend because it is Memorial Day in the States. I do like watching the Gary Sunis Memorial Show at the Capitol. My husband used to always be very moved by these commemorations. My step-daughter married a military man.
    Well, off I go.

Hope you are dodging the raindrops and hope you GET some rain out west!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    @walkonby - I admire your determination and organization! That's poopy about your washing machine. Were you anticipating it's demise?
    Well the mind is a funny thing @avoncallingu , o.k........o.k. IT is MY mind that is a funny thing.
    I was absolutely positive that I had JUST paid a washer repair guy to come in and service the darn machine ( final fix to the tune of $361.00 ) but when I dug up the receipt I see it was end of Sept in 2017.....ha ha !!!
    Time flies!!
    Now the actual washer itself is a Whirlpool, ( very plain, top load, no bells or whistles ) but who knows when we bought it? I won't even try to guess the year on that. I just did not want to bring another repair man in and have him replace whatever part has died this time and then the labour costs.
    Why do these appliances never last as long as they should??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  D9039894-BCDF-43BC-9895-4CF0ACC194E2.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  112.6 KB

Hey ..just wondering if anyone else is receiving this message ..when they check their likes or reps ..i can see who gave me likes but reps or messages I can’t see ..any help will be wonderful..thanking you in advance ..this been going on for week or more now .
    Lynn49, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Well the mind is a funny thing @avoncallingu , o.k........o.k. IT is MY mind that is a funny thing.
    I was absolutely positive that I had JUST paid a washer repair guy to come in and service the darn machine ( final fix to the tune of $361.00 ) but when I dug up the receipt I see it was end of Sept in 2017.....ha ha !!!
    Time flies!!
    Now the actual washer itself is a Whirlpool, ( very plain, top load, no bells or whistles ) but who knows when we bought it? I won't even try to guess the year on that. I just did not want to bring another repair man in and have him replace whatever part has died this time and then the labour costs.
    Why do these appliances never last as long as they should??
    Walkonby..appliances dont last like the ones back in day (30 Years ago or longer ) you sure got your money worth back in day ..but not like that anymore..now their only made to sale ..it piss me off all money we spend and sometimes we can’t get 5 years out one appliance. sweetie have wonderful evening and take good care yourself
    Lynn49, walkonby and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@walkonby , hoping your next appliance is more reliable but, despite what you have found, I would recommend NOT buying an extended warranty. They are just money grabs, from what I have read.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby I am with you on that one why the machines don’t last as long as it did before.
    A couple years back when my front load decided to die I was at the Laundry mart doing my laundry early in the mornings. Mine did not even last 10 years.
    Hoping this Top loaf that we got will last longer than the previous one.

Thread Information