User Tag List

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2504Likes

Thread: March 2017 Frugal Chatter - All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yesterday went back to winners to get a few more pkgs of the super soft socks I got a week ago 2 prs for 5.00 but alas none left ,I did get a lovely body wash for 3.00 and a fisher price set of 6 puzzles 3.00 for Ashlyn for xmas (they are the cardboard ones )
    -treated hubby to harveys last night used caa card to get 2 can dine for 10.49 of course he upgrated to a milkshake and I had a 5.00 giftcard from schneiders lunchmate city program =7.97 total
    Congratulations coupon girl being TOP T
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today DD and I are going to take the ferry into San Francisco to celebrate my Bday.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Overcast day here today but nice out so far.

Dinner tonight: Leftovers for who wants them. Eggs toast etc for others. Simple night.
    I have laundry to put away. I will wash a couch blanket tonight to keep up on laundry.
    Ciel, jasperandchar and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    I been to Cuba in December.. don't know your question .. couldn't see it on another thread
    I think I posted it in the wrong section - general conversation area. I really just wanted to know what type of stuff to bring to leave in the room for the housekeeping staff. I heard they don't have tampons (according to expedia) in Cuba so I will bring them along with toothpaste, bandages,etc. Any suggestions?

Also did you bring American money or Canadian? As I know they have a departure tax - can that be paid in Canadian?
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Mar 28th, 2017 at 09:36 AM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, jasperandchar and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I think I posted it in the wrong section - general conversation area. I really just wanted to know what type of stuff to bring to leave in the room for the housekeeping staff. I heard they don't have tampons (according to expedia) in Cuba so I will bring them along with toothpaste, bandages,etc. Any suggestions?

Also did you bring American money or Canadian? As I know they have a departure tax - can that be paid in Canadian?
    I was in Cuba in 2013. We had Canadian $ and they converted to Cuban currency. The departure tax was paid in their currency (I think at the time it had to be that way but I am not sure)

As for tampons etc. At the end of the day they prefer cash as tips. They can get all these items now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I was in Cuba in 2013. We had Canadian $ and they converted to Cuban currency. The departure tax was paid in their currency (I think at the time it had to be that way but I am not sure)

As for tampons etc. At the end of the day they prefer cash as tips. They can get all these items now.
    Thanks. I was wondering why expedia posted that they need tampons? I still will tip them and also leave little items - I find most countries love the little Clinique gift with purchase items as it is expensive for them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Thanks. I was wondering why expedia posted that they need tampons? I still will tip them and also leave little items - I find most countries love the little Clinique gift with purchase items as it is expensive for them.
    Long ago they didn't have access to lots of items so this is what people tipped with and it just carried on. A gift is still a gift

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Regarding Cuba-I understood tourists get a specific Cuban currency while there was a different one for the locals. Also that if guests gave employees "gifts" it had to be done outside of the resort property-something about employees having their bags/stuff checked when they sign out of work for the day so as to confirm they did not take anything. This was information I have seen posted online. Would notes with items help make the takeaways explanatory to hotel managers? @Newfiescreech , what was the pricing like for medical insurance on your Dec trip? That is now mandatory for visitors to Cuba.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Started to do some spring cleaning-washing the bathroom rug, giving the vinyl floor a handwash and was surprised at the water getting dark despite recent weekly wet mop activities and cleaning the second bathroom (routine porcelain cleaning). Am debating to clean out the fridge and freezer (as contents are getting low) to do spring vacuuming of back and the floor. Pantry will have to be done another time as folks are at home.
    Just happened to wipe a damp sponge over second bathroom doorframe-dust-and in one corner, I had not noticed a spider web strand but one end fell down on my face so I knew something had been there but did not know a web had been started. Might think about wall wipedown another time when I take 10min from the Internet as a break.

Last four days to use March coupons. You may have April 1 coupons too so check your collections wherever they are kept!

May pop outside to rake another flowerbed clear of leaves as the green cart is empty. No rain yet but that sky is watery-looking.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Today DD and I are going to take the ferry into San Francisco to celebrate my Bday.
    A very happy birthday to you
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

Supper tonight is tacos/burritos, can't wait it's been ages and it will be a nice change.

Vacuumed the area rug, laundry is hanging to dry, tidying up and doing some more chicken research (lol).

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday Lizzie Bargain
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Wishing you a wonderful birthday!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -who will do the heavy lifting (work and cleanup-feeding, changing and replacing water in water dishes, cleaning the crap out of the coop every so often, lugging the feed sack) for your prospective poultry bunch? Does your area (municipality/region) have zoning restrictions on which areas can raise poultry for personal consumption? Do you fancy being awakened at 5:30am during the long daylight hours of summer-and other calling times during day? You may have found a calling. How far does sound carry in your area? Neighbours might be a concern. Also where to deposit those chicken leavings once they are swept up (garden? compost pile? have to truck them out?). In the winter, someone has to break the ice in the water dish for the birds-will the home be warm enough (insulated)? Have straw to line ledges?

Dad went on a chicken tangent in 80s and boy did we (sibling and I) stick to KFC because we made mistake of naming the adult rooster and hens so when their turn for the soup pot or freezer came, we did not want to eat formerly known as ___. Suburban area. If it helps, someone in our area had free roaming turkeys and think a pheasant-at dusk. That person happened to like hunting too, so go figure. Corn feed came in large sacks from the rural COOP feed store, old pots were water dishes (when baby chicks were on the scene, an inverted water fountain attached to red dish was for them). Co-op had to be swept every often. Adult roosters and hens came from livestock auctions-a few birds improved from living in the coop (they looked a little rough from the auction house). An old wooden shed was their home after Dad popped out bottom window of the three pane door and put in ledges on both sides. There was a smaller breed of hens-that were super squawky when they were keeping eggs warm bent on hatching them. Did not do well to try to reach around them.
    Then one year Dad got a goose to join the crowd. Goose always tried to wade in a deep old wide pot for the drinking water. It got old fast to have to change water three times in short range one morning and I chased the goose with the bristle broom.

The chickens got to be free ranging (let out of the coop) on warm summer nights. Thing is some of the hens beelined for a neighbours shrubs to scratch around. Try chasing chickens away from there. And then trying to get 30-40 birds to get back in the coop-always a few that go round and round and bashing their heads against fence before finally going back into coop.

You are not doing this for relaxation. There is work and money involved. The chicks one summer became 33 birds for the freezer. Plucking is not fun. Who is going to have the joy of axing all those chickens?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sun came out in force this afternoon so I put the bathroom mat on the drying rack and handraked about 90% of the leaves out. Did a little trimming of woody stems to provide roses with sunshine (chrysanthemum branches can block quite a bit around a struggling rose bush) and to keep anything from extending out over the grass (I foresee lawn mowing next week if the lawn gets raked and bagged this week). Two floral containers without drainage holes had leaves to rake out plus I had to tip them often as the soil was waterlogged. Hope they dry out over the next couple of days then I'll lug them back onto steps. Checked for branches to pick up and noticed a couple that needed trimming off of a tree.

Need to get the laundry lines wiped off and wheels oiled this week as well. Good-the electricity TOU hours/rates don't change in April but do in May. Whew. Thought it happened on April 1.

Mom did a visit to Fortinos and got a scratch card-second set of 1000 PC Plus pts. Yay! (the rules are not kidding that it may take up to 10 days for points to show up in the account).
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Mar 28th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information