User Tag List

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: April 2017 Frugal Chater All Welcome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-sounds like a very challenging, complex family situation. JMHO, but given you have 2 adults in your family and 2 older children I think you can all make your own decisions about if/when you see your parents. I realize it may be more difficult for you as it is your parents. You can only do what you think is best for you-as it is their behaviour and comments that are out of line and they seem unwilling to change.

If any of you decide that you would like to visit with them, is it possible to do a brief, occasional visit to their place so if/when or even before it gets uncomfortable it is easier to leave and avoid the scene of asking them to leave your home. Good luck with whatever you decide - and given all your efforts in the past( in my opinion) it would be perfectly reasonable to say you can't squeeze in a visit before May 1.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Apr 19th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-did you notice if you spend 200 at Canadian tire tomorrow only you get a 50 promo card to spend the following week. I seem to recall you were going to buy some back yard furniture there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    FBM-did you notice if you spend 200 at Canadian tire tomorrow only you get a 50 promo card to spend the following week. I seem to recall you were going to buy some back yard furniture there.
    Thanks! I bought a gazebo (already have the furniture ) I got a really good deal

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Jasperandchar I think that it is your call, it is your family. You may not want to let them cram in a last minute visit. I have a strained relationship with my mom. Years ago, Dh kicked my mom out of our house due to her poor behaviour. We have chosen to go for long stretches of time without any contact with her. My older brother and sister both refuse to be in contact with our mom. It's not pleasant, but I'm not in contact with a variety of family members and doing so has made my life less complicated. At the end of the day, it is up to you and your family.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our son won 3rd place in the mall's Easter colouring contest. I was told he won $15 in Mall bucks that we can pick up at the end of the day tomorrow or on Friday morning. He entered two other Easter contests, but his name wasn't drawn.

I met with the daycare family that is signed up for the summer. Our sons had a great time playing. My twin nephews were dropped off at 10am, they'll be spending the day with us. I made a big pan of puffed wheat squares, but I accidentally overboiled them, so they turned out very hard. I guess that's what can happen when I make something with 5 young kids in my house. Our son has a play date at our house tomorrow morning and I might have my nephews again tomorrow afternoon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 19th, 2017 at 05:26 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -hold the line in the sand. Even Miss Manners will state that you are not obligated to let anyone into your house if a visitor comes when it does not suit you. At this point, I'd be wanting to state given how the folks did not take responsibility for what they said last time, they seem to like being alone in their own company and that's fine as you did not enjoy the inappropriateness of their language/conversation to the extent they managed to seriously offend your entire family.
    So they cannot come in anymore. They cannot contact you anymore (block them on social media, e-mail)-landline blocking will cost you if ever want their number back in circulation after you block it.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -hold the line in the sand. Even Miss Manners will state that you are not obligated to let anyone into your house if a visitor comes when it does not suit you. At this point, I'd be wanting to state given how the folks did not take responsibility for what they said last time, they seem to like being alone in their own company and that's fine as you did not enjoy the inappropriateness of their language/conversation to the extent they managed to seriously offend your entire family.
    So they cannot come in anymore. They cannot contact you anymore (block them on social media, e-mail)-landline blocking will cost you if ever want their number back in circulation after you block it.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I get attitude from both of my parents but I'm the only one willing to tell Dad he's wrong to his face and ears. Dad's either brain-damaged or something from his raising made him the hard-*** he is--he does not care that he puts people in danger.
    Upside is if he gets in one more car accident, he knows I think he's toast at that point.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village sale-managed to find 5 tops ($17.55) after searching in both women's and men's areas. The silk button shirt from men's will be made into a summer top. Noticed counter flyer for the Monday May 1 50% off clothing, shoes, accessories and bed and bath sale! I assume club cardholders might get a Sunday preview as usually is the case with the 50% off events unless the store chain is changing the format.

Found two refundable containers on my walk this morning!

Had at least two short downpours after 2:30pm. Definitely humid right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and wet again.

Yesterday's trip to Burlington-yes the Mapleview Sears store is definitely giving the loft/studio showroom vibe due to mostly wheeled racks and shelving carts but the concrete flooring is showing its age and the staff must have sore feet during their shifts! From Target, the store had copied the wheeled baskets and shopping carts. From the Bay, the main level has one big customer service area by the escalator. From Walmart-that flexible shelving/wheeled look is a step up from wooden skids that WM uses on their endcaps and some power aisle displays. There's a café installation on the lower level by the escalator but no food and the counter equipment looks to be in the process of installation or removal.

Topshop and Topman will be opening at the Mapleview Bay store on May 27 (first 100 in line at 9:30am will get gift cards: 99 are for $25 and 1 is for $100).

Burlington Mall-Denningers is not in the mall yet. The deli remains at its plaza location while the former Target store (future Lowes) is being knocked down on the front. Strangely, Sunrise Records is closing this week. 80% off some merchandise categories-I thought the chain was going to have 70 stores so why close the mall location?

Visited Value Village (Burlington) to check out the short sleeved stuff-nothing of interest nor pants. Did see two cardigans at $9.99 and $12.99 (tank with cardigan) of interest. Later in day, I did pop into the Stoney Creek VV and did not see anything for me (pants or tops).

Got my library card registered at the Burlington library in order to borrow books and place holds again. Also obtained some tourism information from the lovely downtown office near the waterfront and the aromas from the Pane Fresco café (both places share the main floor) were marvellous on a chilly afternoon!

Did a short walk in Eastgate Square and managed to get the next bus back home. Saw a bit of afternoon traffic jamming on the main road as detour was in use for construction on another main road. Some drivers think my hilly/curvy street is a speed track between the two roads (kind of dicey walking with cars whipping by-one pickup truck almost went past a stopped school bus).

May be returning to Burlington on Friday with Mom to look for spring jackets. Why now, I don't know but she's got 1 week and half to go before her trip. Reminders from me to get certain things checked/replaced have been epic fails or resulted in sharp replies. Cannot win. I plan to have my library materials read so they can be returned on Friday.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper -life is hard when it comes to family ,I agree with lizzie pop into their place and you can leave when you feel the need to-I have had it hard sometimes in my life (my mother-in-law called me a name once and hung up on me cause I didn't invite all of my husbands family to my mom,s 80th birthday so I didn't talk to her for 3 months but then my father-in-law called me and asked me to let it go so I did) plus I have lost a sibling due to a lot of reasons that I don't wish to get into -so hang in their and you for sure cant make kids change to see their grandparents -my mother-in-law only liked boys as she had 5 once bought my son a t-shirt and not my daughter (they are 2 and a half years apart in age also)so when my mother-in-law died my daughter said to me (mom I cant even shed a tear) but yet my daughter and her hubby drove from Toronto at 11.00 p.m at night to rush to my mothers side as she was dying in the hospital

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well babysat today Ashlyn and I made elsa frozen cookies and we had edible paint on them too and decals of the frozen characters -we had so much fun doing that baking
    came home had eggs for supper then I took the car to value village I am tired but I so couldn't pass up on the 50% off tops I got 5 tops and I paid 11.45 (that is not even the price of one new top in the stores)plus tax also grabbed a puzzle for 2.99 then treated hubby and myself to a harveys shake (see that's not to frugal but I balance the frugal out with treats in life -sometimes you feel the need to indulge

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a reminder that for some, 90 days has passed since the last Johnsonville sausage coupon request. I sent in my next request last week and received a reply next day that coupons were on their way. Looking forward to them. Recently been some good deals on the sausages so the coupons may make them free.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks!
    Happy belated Easter!
    I have managed to find all the drug and medical receipts from the past year for my dh to send in to our insurance company. I suddenly remembered Ionly had 90 days which is rapidly approaching. They only send replies back after the 15th of the next month so I guess our taxes will be really late.

I have private prospective buyers coming through on Friday morning.

The place is hardly "staged" but I have moved boxes of things like Christmas decorations and decades of pictures into a newly found storage room downstairs.

My aim is to get the place on the market by the end of next week if they are not interested.

But my health suffers when I push myself too hard. I have been having terrible nerve pain in my feet at night. And headaches when I do computer or "close-up" jobs. Not quite over that concussion I got a couple of months ago.

Well, another funeral to go to tomorrow in Chatham. Will take some of dh's clothes for their garage sale at my former church next weekend. Funny - he had a pair of pants that he wore all the time and I hated them. Now, I just can't give them away.

Well, good night, folks!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reminder that Coupgon new offers are now available. Lock them into your app.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Metro has mayonnaise on for $2.99 and there is a Coupgon for $1 off. Price match and use at FreshCo for a good deal on the 890ml size.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information