User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for the few words about my daughter-they went to few therapy sections but he has checked out -with out getting into it he tore this marriage apart but he wants to be the best father he can be plus she is letting him take Sebastian to his family and visiting too
    -my daughter just left after staying here for a good 5 hard days -she is drained but has very good friends that are spending each night at the condo visiting her ,bringing supper to her and just listening to her
    -I raised a strong daughter ,she is well educated and has an excellent career and I will always be here for her my hubby and I and her brother is so supportive to

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl sorry to hear about your daughter's divorce.

J&C the chickens sound great.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I think it might be the grey rainy weather but I have noticed I am feeling quite tired this week. Last night I was in bed by 9 pm and slept till 6 am but was still tired.

Last night I did not get anymore cleaning done on the piles instead I did the normal day to day stuff that needed to be done. I emptied the dishwasher and reloaded as well I washed any hand dishes I could not get into the dishwasher. By the time I did that and had dinner I was done for the night.

Tonight after work I decided to run into No Frills, they had a few things on sale we needed plus a few other things we needed. I got
    Potatoes 10lbs for $2 (grabbed 2 of these)
    Sour Cream 500 ml for $1 (grabbed 3)
    Cake Mixes $1 (grabbed 10 or 12 of these as we do not have any and they are good until Dec 2018)
    Simply Juice $ (grabbed 8, 2 of each flavour they had)
    Honey Bunches of Oats $2 (grabbed 2)
    Chai Tea $2 (grabbed 6 of these as we were out and haven't seen them on sale lately)
    Also grabbed Peppers, tomatoes and blueberries (all were on sale) and Milk

I ended up getting more then I expected but everything I purchased was on sale and most of it was items we have been out of for awhile. In total I spent about $50.

Trying to talk myself into doing some more work around the house but I am feeling kind of done for today. I have a co worker who has offered to come over this weekend and help me clean as Mom is working. I am kind of torn one I am kind of embarrassed how bad the house looks right now also the areas we will be working in is mostly Mom's stuff so not sure how that will go over. We are not looking to get rid of anything just sort everything so Mom can come in and decide what she wants to keep and what she wants to get rid of. The only things we would get rid of would be obvious garbage, things that are broken or past there prime. Might bring it up to Mom tomorrow night and see how she reacts. Plus this co worker loves to organize and since there is no attachment to anything in our house I know she can come in and help me just get it done where is right now everything just overwhelms me and I cannot make my vision a reality.

Alright well going to try to find some ambition and get a few things tidied up. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thanks for the few words about my daughter-they went to few therapy sections but he has checked out -with out getting into it he tore this marriage apart but he wants to be the best father he can be plus she is letting him take Sebastian to his family and visiting too
    -my daughter just left after staying here for a good 5 hard days -she is drained but has very good friends that are spending each night at the condo visiting her ,bringing supper to her and just listening to her
    -I raised a strong daughter ,she is well educated and has an excellent career and I will always be here for her my hubby and I and her brother is so supportive to
    Name:  IMG_0746.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  18.7 KB

so sorry hear about your daughter's marriage.. hang in there .. I'm sure everything will workout and they can still be great parents to their son thou they won't be living together as family .Take good care

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Sunny and sky looks blue so maybe we are done with the rain I hope. Tonight we have a school event/Fundraiser. I folded a load of white towels this morning and actually put them away
    Off to look at the upcoming sale flyers. We need fresh fruit and veggies! Will have to clean out the fridge tonight (leftover containers take up lots of room. They are pretty much empty which is good)
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Picking up Giant Tiger deals today - not much, just some basics like bread, fruit, chicken on sale.
    Really hoping that upcoming flyers have good prices on veggies - we are sorely lacking in that dept.

Hope you all have a lovely day - the sun should be shining here today!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

the sun is finally out today, buts its not staying.
    Coupongirl: I can only imagine how stressful this must be especially with such a new child.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The upcoming sales for fresh stuff is great! So happy I didn't really shop on the weekend since it made us use up what we had and now I can restock at great deals! I will hit GT today since their sale starts today and I find if I don't go today then everything is gone on the weekend. Saves me from price matching and I am using change to pay anyway (not using CC for PC pts)
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night I went shopping at Sobeys for 10% off Tuesday. I used two rain checks, $6.75 in coupons, used three personalized 50% off AM offers, saved $13.13 from the 10% off, redeemed $50 in AM, and earned another 214AM. I'll submit the receipt to Co51 contest. I spent $64.32oop. We now have frozen pizza, which will come in handy with our son starting soccer next week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 3rd, 2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well ladies had to get back on here -have had the worst 5 days of my life -my daughter came Friday with sebastian for a little stay -the news isn't good she is getting a divorce in time...-one good thing he will help with the baby-sometimes life is hard but I believe my daughter will get thru this tough time with the love of all of us
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Let's wish all the families with newborns/young children going the divorce route stability and harmony through the separation/divorce journey. Hopefully all grandparents will be able to keep in touch with the children as well.
    THIS! Love Ciel's words.

I wish no one the pain involved in separation/divorce (that I have seen family/friends go through), but the talk of it has me thankful for my family. Everyday life is hard, I am thankful for my village and glad you are a part of mine and your loved ones who are hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    The upcoming sales for fresh stuff is great! So happy I didn't really shop on the weekend since it made us use up what we had and now I can restock at great deals! I will hit GT today since their sale starts today and I find if I don't go today then everything is gone on the weekend. Saves me from price matching and I am using change to pay anyway (not using CC for PC pts)
    Been enjoying shopping at GT myself!

We had a small flood in the basement this week. No damage. Our sump pump died and DH and I replaced it ourselves. I learned a lot. Only cost us $150 too.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, May 3rd, 2017 at 01:34 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally took DS's $200 US to convert to Canadian for him. $265 Canadian! She had to leave the change in my US acct. since they don't give pennies back. Not bad for a kid that had $5 US and played roulette for the first time while on vacation and built it up to $200!! Most people come home from a tropical beach vacation with less money not more lol.
    Apparently my US account has been inactive since 2012. Thank gosh there wasn't any service charges etc.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It is currently 14 today and my yard has dried up from Monday's rain. I'm planning on taking all the kids outside to play in our back yard later this afternoon. I didn't do it yesterday because I didn't need them muddy from playing in my garden. I tried a new oatmeal chocolate chip square recipe this morning while baby boy napped. It was in the oven for a few short minutes before I realized that I had forgotten the vanilla, so I poked holes in it with toothpicks and sprinkled the vanilla over top. Our son really like it, I'll try some later.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 3rd, 2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Natalka, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Who knew that wanting a sunny day without rain was such an exciting situation that I'd want to cut grass? The lawn needed cutting as it was 1 and half weeks ago that it was last cut. Clipped the grass around the buildings, steps etc. and swept the clippings off the sidewalks. Even did a quick cleaning of the streaky basement window glass and front door glass as I noticed dirty watermarks on all last week-thankful for a sponge and liquid hand soap! Oiled all the clothesline wheels and put laundry on one line to dry. Will go to check on the laundry soon. I see other little but involved cleaning tasks that need doing. Have to jot a list and cross each task off-the exterior lights need attention.
    Tried the chocolate hazelnut milk purchased at 50% off -not bad, it was close to chocolate milk.

Need to get new gardening/yard gloves! My winter gloves this morning kept hands warm in chilly am but were not grippy enough to hold mower lever down. I had to take gloves off after 30min. as I was also getting hot (but wore layers under my spring jacket).

Mom's flights all got to land within 10-15min of stated landing times. My aunt can enjoy Mom for 6 weeks this spring (Mom's not been over there in the spring before so that is a new experience).

The home phone is still acting up but seems to be working mostly since Monday despite some static. About 2-3 times per year, the phone service just drops for a day or two.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening everyone,

Hung a load of towels out today, what a beauty of a day.

Tomorrow will be nice as well but the rain is creeping back in tomorrow evening through Monday, holy moly.

Cleaned out the baby pen today, little crappers they are, who knew something so little could poop so much (lol). They are good for another few days.

Need to decide what's for supper tomorrow, I've been really good the last 3 weeks and no quickie fast crap meals so I'm on a roll (haha).

Wishing everyone a great evening
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Goodness, it's been awhile. I'm not sure when I'll be able to check in again and I'm honestly not trying to guess what the near future will bring. Today is DH's milestone birthday but we're not celebrating. He was just informed that MIL has been moved to palliative care because her cancer has spread again. She is terminal and in such pain. If there was hope before, she is on the verge of giving up now because of the intense pain. DH is preferring not to think about it and choosing to focus on other things, but I've been encouraging him to visit her. I don't think I'd want the children to visit if she is screaming and crying in pain so I've offered to watch over them if he just feels like seeing her whenever he wishes.

She has just been admitted to the hospital for pain relief since she has not slept in days so we're happy she is sleeping. We'll hear more tomorrow but no one will be jumping to answer the phone.

DD1 has been quite clingy lately, especially with DH. Today, I was getting updates on my phone about MIL via texts but I tried not to look at my phone because DD1 believes my phone is her phone and will go into my text messages and read all of them. I'm thinking of deleting them before she looks at my phone tomorrow. I tried to escape to the washroom to read them, but she followed me in.

I've started the search for DD2's first daycare. We're thinking of putting her on the wait list for the awful daycare where they dislocated DD1's arm and came home each day with unexplained blood on her face. Another daycare has closed in the city and they're not reopening. DD1's second daycare shut four locations across the city. This is the only daycare I know of that doesn't charge to be waitlisted. The first choice we have, DD2 is currently #7 on the waitlist. They have numerous locations across the city for 18+ months, but from 12 months, there is only one for two large cities, and possibly for over a million people. There is a regulated home daycare network, but in my area, they all have large dogs on the premises and we can't meet any of the providers unless we pay the registration fee.

The only other two daycares nearby have registration fees, but at least we can visit them before we pay the outrageous fee, which are over $50 - $125, just to be on the list, whether or not they offer you daycare when you need it or not. I also don't like the junk food they serve the children each day. It seems so wrong to serve nacho chips to children who don't have any molars, or maybe that's just me. My doctor and the nurses at the breastfeeding clinics are horrified at the nutrition when I tell them what the children are eating. On the menus, "chicken" means fried and breaded chicken nuggets, "sandwiches" mean high sodium deli meats in white bread, and vegetables are nowhere to be seen.

In other news, I asked DD1 if she wanted to visit her old daycare to say hello to her old friends and teachers and she said no. She said she'd go to kindergarten but she never wanted to go back to her old daycare ever again. I wonder if there's more I don't know about. Daycare nightmares round two, here I come! Ugh!
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information