Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1413Likes

Thread: May 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lizzie take care -hope you feel better soon
    -supper ham ,potatoes and corn on cob -did 2 loads of laundry today one is on the line but it is chilly and damp out
    -my daughter got a bag of boys clothing from her sister-in-law on his side the other day size 3/4/5 for Sebastian -that really helps save when you get hand me downs -I remember a lovely lady from Germany on my mom's street years ago gave me a few bags of dresses for my daughter -I never got anything for my son handed down -as 3 boys were born the same year in my hubby's family but I came first with my son -lol

Some boys (children) are hard on clothing so no hand me downs I have a rough and tough boy so his pants aren't usually good for anything but rags. That's ok, I like that he is getting dirty and having fun!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My neighbour returned a bin of clothes that her son no longer needs. I have to sort through it to make sure it is in the right labeled bin before I send it out to our shed.

I'm struggling to adjust to having the new daycare girl in my house. She arrives between 6:40-7am, and she doesn't seem to be a morning person.... Her mom picked her up early today. I cooked a big pot of chicken dumpling soup, 2 dozen zucchini dill drop biscuits, 9x13" pan of my healthier monster cookie squares. I'm hoping not to have to cook much tomorrow. I'm also hoping that our day goes more smoothly. Here's hoping that my daycare girl settles in soon.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 11th, 2017 at 07:58 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Beautiful sunny day here today!

We didn't get home till after 1am last night But we had a great night and both came home with a good chunk of change Lady luck was on both of our sides. So exciting!

I need to get groceries badly today. Will be splurging for sure

I am starving today. We went to the buffet for dinner last night but I didn't eat much at all. Just wasn't really hungry. Now my stomach won't stop growling (I had a banana for breakfast) I can't wait to plan the weeks meals and prep my healthy breakfast and lunches for school and work. Have a few ideas to try I know my youngest will like them He is easy to please.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went shopping on my lunch and picked up a few hanging plants. So happy to have found the ones I like finally.

Will cut up the watermelon I bought too as soon as I get home. Will put in snack size containers so we can all enjoy all weekend. Will buy another one next week. Bought hamburger buns too so the boys can eat the leftover burgers from the other night tomorrow during the day while I'm out and about. They can fend for themselves.
    My honey slaved all day yesterday and made lasagna. Late night dinner tonight with salad and garlic bread.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My twins got up at 5:30 this morning. They had a morning nap and both are trying to go to bed at 7pm...I guess I tuckered them right out. We did some crafts this morning. We played in the yard and had the water table full again.

Our weekly flyers still haven't arrived, we never received the ones from last week. I'll have to pick them up from a box in town so that I know where to go grocery shopping tomorrow. Our son is attending his first birthday party tomorrow, a girl from his class invited him. I hope it goes smoothly.

edit: I'm climbing into bed at 8pm, I can't remember when I did that last. All of our children are in asleep in bed early tonight. They are ealy risers, but this week has been exceptionally early for me. I'll post again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, May 12th, 2017 at 10:07 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, we didn't get flyers either the past two weeks, but some came today. I've had to use online flyers.

Won't need to do much shopping this next week, anyways - need fresh and frozen veggies for sure, but not much else.

Ooo, FBMama, watermelon - just the mention of it makes my mouth water, lol!
    I have to plan buying one when I know I can split it with my son - since my husband doesn't eat it, it's just me here.

Have a great evening, all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We went to bed early last night too. It has been a lomg week. I should get up now and start laundry. Looks dark out so thinking of going for a 2alk before the rain starts. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Cool, rainy, and windy weekend....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I managed a total of 7hrs sleep last night. Twins got up at 5:30. Big boy got up at 5:30 too, but I got him some applesauce and tucked him back into bed. We are working on losing his afternoon nap because he is starting Kindergarten this fall. Once Dh was up for the day I took our son with me to go shopping, we needed some basic groceries and he needed to help pick out a birthday present for a girl in his class. We were gone for quite a while, but ultimately didn't spend that much oop. I used AM and a go at Sobeys, so I saved $45.xx and earned 52AZm. I fed the kids lunch and Dh dropped our son off at the party. I got our twins to nap together, so I also managed to get a nap. Dh is picking our son up now. I'll have to cook supper soon. Dh and I are going out to that movie tonight. A friend invited me to a movie on Tuesday night, which Dh is happy for me to go out with a friend.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, May 13th, 2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's tomorrow!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Mother'a Day.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good afternoon and Happy Mother's Day! I did pretty well at the craft sale yesterday with my baking, I made $222, which will go towards stuff we need for camping and DH's bday gift, and whatever else. It's free giveaway weekend here so I put a few things out, nothing we really need so we didn't go looking. No idea what's for dinner, will figure out after some shopping.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I did so much laundry on the weekend and finished with making my bed with fresh sheets.
    Tonight I will put away the last of it.

I am charging my ipad today and hoping to get back at posting stuff for sale tonight. I have been slacking.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It was a super busy weekend around here which already had me counting down to next weekend as I kind of feel I did really get a weekend.

We did Mother's Day on Saturday, we meet Bro for a late lunch and did our usually deal, I planned he paid. After Lunch we went grocery shopping, we really did not need a lot aside from fresh fruit and veggies so we went off to the Chinese Market as I did not find much in the sales we needed. I also love their reduce produce sections, I have heard people say they have a lower quality but personally I do not see it, I actually find they have a higher quality even the stuff on clearance is usually still good and if it does need to be eaten that day or the next it reflects in the price. When all stand a done we had a cart full of veggies to last us the week and even those that were not turned out to be the same price I would normally purchase for on sale.

After we ran to No Frills to grab a few things we did not or could not get at the Chinese Market and discovered this location was clearing out Turkeys to $0.77/lb. Personally I am not a huge turkey fan but for $0.77/lb we could not pass this up and purchased 2 we can cook up at some point, more then likely we will cook and break down to make into other things vs making a Turkey Dinner.

Mom is enjoying the fact that more of her Kitchen gadgets are now accessible. We have a large electric Grill Pan I purchased for her years ago that has a stay cool base and the top flips over from a flat grill raised grill which Mom used yesterday to make herself a bunch of grilled veggies for her lunches this week.

There is still so much to be done around the house but life is really getting in the way, work is insane right now but I am hopeful this weekend since Mom is working I will be able to get a few things checked off my list.

I have also been doing pretty well on selling items, some aren't moving as quick as I would like but I am averaging $20 to $40 a week in sales which makes me happy.

I need to run to Costco tonight after work, with all the cleaning we are almost out of garbage bags. Since we have to haul our garbage out to a dumpster I prefer the Costco bags as they are quite strong. I will also grab a couple other things well I am there since I am not sure the next time we will make it to Costco.

Well time to get back to work, have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information