User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree916Likes

Thread: August (already) 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    And that's why I tend to post and then go into edit mode in order to keep typing. I was working on a fourth paragraph when everything suddenly disappeared.

I've been up with twin boy since 2am, he's pretty healthy but doesn't want to stay asleep.

I'm waiting for 4 cheques in the mail from 4 different sources. I was frustrated with CO51 recently because of their new produce offers that you can earn. I think they need to take some bugs out of the system, but I finally figured it out. I redeemed offers for berries and mushrooms, which bumped me up to $20, so I redeemed for my next cheque.

I had to laugh when I finally figured out that the two people contacting me for fresh dill tomorrow were buying for the same person. The DIL is picking up $20 worth of dill to bring to the MIL on the farm, who will be doing the canning. Either way, I'm happy to earn more money from my garden.
    I've given up on co51. Lots of the stuff we never buy and the stuff we do seems to be store specific and hours away.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

August long weekend already. I posted a bunch of things I wouldn't let bf drop off at the thrift store last month after our garage sale. So far sold a lamp, 2 Coleman stoves, 3 robot kits andthe coffee pot. I posted a bunch of clothing thus afternoon that doesn't fit anymore. Will see how things sell.

I bought a huge box of fabric and quilt batting for 5 bucks. Have gone thru the box and picked out what I want. Going to give away the rest.

Still trying for the eat out of the pantry deal but we keep finding normal staples have run out. Bf sorted part of the recycling though and we got a hundred dollars.. there's still almost as much as he sold sitting to be sorted.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to Sobeys and made out with quite the haul. I saved 74%! I redeemed $30 in Air Miles and only paid $7.95oop. I earned 53AM.
    $105.28 in total savings.
    $31.33 in discounts & savings.
    $73.95 in coupons.

I bought a family sized sized box of Rice Krispies, 3 4L jugs of milk, 2 family packs of chicken thighs, 2 small La Grille seasonings, 4 boxes of Mott's Fruitsations Rockets unsweetened apple sauce pouches 12pks, 3 compliments noodles, cocoa powder, 2 Reser's potato salads, 4pk of bread, 2 6pks of sesame seed bagels, Old Dutch tortilla chips, margarine, and Nanaimo bars (dh's request).

edit: I earned another $20 from selling dill, as soon as I arrived home from the store. Another person wants rhubarb tomorrow.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 6th, 2017 at 05:36 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@saundyl -wonderful sales and recycling updates! Guess it does not hurt to try to sell things before saying the things have to go. I like the fabric box deal you got too!
    @Angela273 - AM and savings galore on that grocery shop! Compliments noodles--mmm, quick meals that jazz up well with add-ins like dried herbs and frozen or leftover vegetables. Mega-applause on the coupons tally!

OK, summer long weekend newsflash-if you, like I was, are looking for new aprons, hit your CT stores for possible clearance deals on the green striped apron (website said there were 3 but there was 1 in green and another branded apron in denim blue with two coloured pinstripes but it shared the same CT product code and also sharing the same $4.93 clearance price)! I bought the last green apron and one of the blue ones. At Winners I went through all the regular and clearance priced kitchen towels (clearance finds are on the sides of the endcaps near the home dept) and don't forget to look at the checkout| maze for towels, barmops or the odd dish drying mat, as I discovered today. I chose one set of soft green/blue checked towels ($8.99 reg price) that looked like linen (2 towels) with 1 waffle knit towel in solid soft mint green-am hoping this waffle knit won't lint badly like another brand of towel but all will known after the laundry cycle tomorrow. The only apron (D-rings on neck strap)-at Winners was in clearance and paired with one large mitt-both were black pinstripe on gray-white background (reg $16, down to $12)--it looked too dark for my preference. I checked three other clearance carts and saw Laura Ashley soft green with roses tablecloths/covers on sale and a ultramarine blue/white striped tablecloth (different) brand. Also saw an outdoor wipeable tablecloth-YMMV. Of course, I had to leave temping pizzelle cookies on the racks as I had some baking at home for desserts.

Walmart had one bright red apron ($8.99) (in kitchenwares) folded in the hanging cardboard. I noticed there was a snap on the neckstrap. Seems you get 3 snaps on the strap to adjust length to your liking. There is a large pocket and large white GOURMET or GOURMAND word on the centre front. It might suit any Canada 150 or red/white themed parties you will have this year. I do not recall seeing any of the magazine boxes out yet with the upcoming Live Better issue when I entered/left the store.

Mom and I had slices of the coffee cake (warmed up first) with some cherry fortified wine after I returned home.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Once I empty my hemp protein powder container, I will just stick with purchasing hemp seeds and mixing them into my food. Part of my smoothie ambivalence is also trying to figure out what time of day it could be best to enjoy the smoothie. Waste not, want not.
    If anyone is returning from a cottage, share how quiet or noisy you found the experiences. Are hammocks included? Would love one right now for reading magazines outdoors and hoping a local cat comes by to sunbathe and roll in the grass.

If you viewed the 2017 Magazines with coupons thread, there is a link to On The GO magazine. One ad is for the international student card ($20) value from the Canadian Federation of Students (entity lobbying on behalf of college and university students). If one's school is a member of the CFS, the card is free for the student. Thought I'd share that here as some members or their relations are in post-secondary schools. I do not know if there any extensive travel discounts but it seems useful to know about the card if one goes out of province and one would love to know what deals can be had.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good afternoon. Not much going on here for the long weekend. Its a nice day but not enough laundry to do a load. lol August has not been too thrifty so far but we are planning a garage sale next weekend. I have filled 2 boxes of stuff for it so far, and that's just a start. I have made many trips to Value Village in the last few years but we still have too much stuff! Time to make some money off it.
    Not much from my garden yet as it seems a lot of my plants just took their time growing, but I have had a lot of peas. I got a few stalk of rhubarb from my cousin yesterday so I will have to find something to bake.
    I still have not smoked-just over 3 weeks now, still putting my money in a jar. I'm still deciding what to do with it. Cigarettes are very expensive here so if I save it until Christmas it will be well over $1000.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@avrose - have you considered banking the savings in a TFSA or other instrument that could earn you some interest before Christmas? Three-week cheer for you and your goals!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. My man used up the rotten bananas and made a really good banana bread. He just Googled a recipe and read the reviews. We set up the new upright freezer and posted the chest freezer for sale. Then we cleaned out the garage finally. Garbage bin and recycling is full. He is working an overtime shift tonight so will sleep till about noon and then we are going to enjoy the afternoon. I'm watching trash tv now then hitting the hay! Night!!!
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We're doing the best that we can. Dh re-attached two big springs in the underside of our couch. We don't know how long this repair will last. We bought a matching couch and loveseat for $100 about 9 years ago. It was so unused that the couchions were still crisp. We moved the lovseat out to the shed when our son was young, to give more room to play in our living room. I spent about an hour sewing two seams in my recliner chair, the back and the right arm. I have to take a break for the night and sew the other spots on the left arm of the chair another night. I bought this recliner 2.5yrs ago for $40, but I still find it pretty comfortable.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 7th, 2017 at 01:35 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn; Happy Saskatchewan Day!

Hope you all enjoy the extra day!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! No late sleeping in for me. I guess I slept well so time to get up. Should do some laundry.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Busy weekend. But I am currently enjoying my coffee on the deck and hoping the clothes dry before the rain. DH took the youngest to my parents for the week, I love that at almost 14 he asks to go spend time with them. The older son works an 8 hr shift today so we will have a quite day at home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-one load on line ,had to dry Sebastian blankets and cover as he peed thru them last night -my dear daughter took him for a photo shoot with my daughter-in-laws friend this morning down by our beach-cant wait to have a nice picture for my wall
    -just chinning today -daughter made her famous margarita pizza last night 2 pizzas cost 10.00 in total from scratch -yummmm

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I laundered the new kitchen linens (the waffle knit towel did shrink somewhat and linted too but the other two are fine) and hung everything outside in the am but there`s hardly a breeze. Then someone in the neighbourhood started an outdoor wood fire so the dryer was put to use. The green apron is twill and sturdy. The blue apron is denim sheeting and I will have to recut and restitch the pocket-the apron looks distorted due to striped and the crooked pocket. But I don`t have navy thread so will have to just recut, reposition and pin the pocket. Looks like no Hamilton CT stores still have the green apron--Grimsby shows 5 but you may encounter the blue aprons too. I may consider buying the brown striped apron as it`s twill too.

Other laundry was washed and dried. Hope to assist Mom with clothing review today. Keep or toss or donate (if still in good condition).

Vacuumed the livingroom and washed breakfast dishes. Want to sew this afternoon.

Walked to the green cart-it`s covered in pale yellow thin slugs. Sloshed soapy water on outside and poured vinegared water on inside. Still some are crawling. First time this year that it`s been a problem. Suggestions? I did see a robin near the cart once after I did my bucket routines. Other than putting cart in full sunshine, I`m not sure to how to send off the slugs.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Valerian fans-I watched 5 episodes of the animated series last night. Tad confused-he`s from 24th century and she`s from 10th century (this was not evident in the movie). Now I want to find the books that are the source of the series and movie. Has an SCer read the original comics?

There was a short segment of music in episode 3 or 4 that seemed like it was from Missy Elliott`s Gossip Talk song (it would be around the part where Ludacris raps in the song) or my mind is playing games in the memory department.
    The movie refers to Alpha (the city of the thousand planets) while the series refers to Galactic City. No, I don`t envy time and space agents at all (driving in those cities is bad no matter the century).
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Aug 7th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information