User Tag List

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: September 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have heard mix reviews on freezing potatoes. I have seen many people say they do it online but I have also heard people say it changes the texture and as they defrost liquid comes out of them giving them an unpleasant texture. I personally have never tried it as on the weekends we usually make a batch of roasted or mashed potatoes and they are in the fridge and just need to be heated up or re purposed during the week.
    Yeah I am thinking it would be best not to add them to my crockpot freezer bags and just add to the crock pot the day of. Thanks. Think I will just do it this way and save us from a disappointing dinner

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! This week seems to be flow well!

DS's lunch- I pulled cooked peameal bacon from freezer and made his sandwich with it since he made a rave review on the sandwich last week . There is still 2 huge chicken breasts from last night that I will use tonight for fahitas. Will pop out a lunch today to buy the fresh cucumbers I need and slice those up for dinner. Will grab the roasts today too since I find shopping the 1st day of sale is the way to go (and I have beef points now I won't have to save them)

Hope everyone is having a frugal week!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Snacker's breakfast:tortilla chips with flavoured tuna and some Pepsi. Will have a banana before tackling project paint!
    Downloaded my Windows updates and Google Chrome seems not to have an update yet.

Last night I had just finished updating my Excel worksheet for the prices of groceries. USB did not seem to stop flashing while saving then I got the not responding message. Ciel>yanked out USB after scan and fix stopped slightly after starting. Inserted USB into adjacent drive and scan and fix worked. Laptop had autosaved my worksheet (yay) so I renamed it version 2. Made a point to attach file to email and sent it to myself as a precaution (we all remember how I deleted my May 2016 worksheet and took two days to realize it?). Will try another USB stick in the problem drive tonight to see if it works or is history (2009 laptop after all).

Two nights ago, I pulled bunch of bananas (#2 from a $1 bag bought several days ago) from a crisper and I had to pitch two bananas. Have eaten two of them and plan to finish the last three soon so as not to waste them. I have to start a list on the fridge door so I don't let produce go bad like that again.

Weather was looking like rain awhile ago but Ms. Sunshine is out to play now. To put laundry out to dry or not? Decisions....

I'm looking forward to today's community paper bundle with flyers! Have a kickstarter morning everyone!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy with the RCSS sale that started today on great Crockpot roasts at $2.99LB! I had PC Pts offer too (200 pts per $1 spent) So spent just under $70 on 8 roasts. Will wrap most for just roast beef dinners but will cut a few up for variety- Beef strips with peppers and onions etc sounds like a nice change one night

I also bought 2 cases of the jumbo freezies for under $1 each. They expire Summer of 2019 so will put them away for Spring 2018 I have box on the go now and DS and his friends happily each took one as they set off for their 3 hour long bike ride the other night. Will hopefully hand out more this weekend to the kids so we can have the freezer space . (save some for sore throats this winter)

Dinner tonight will be quick and then I hope to get out for a walk. I should toss a load of laundry on too maybe and use this gorgeous sunshine/heat to dry it quickly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The air quality is finally good today. I had the kids outside this morning until their hands were getting cold. We were all happy to finally get outside again. We had good timing and we're back in the house before it started to drizzle.

Our twins have been coughing the last few days, not sure how much of it is caused by the smoke. Twin girl had me up very late the last two night and twin boy has started his day early both days. The up side is that I caught a great deal on Facebook at 11pm last night. $5 for 11 pairs of pants and 4 t-shirts, she even delivered it in a nice box. Most of the pants are one size too big for him, but I already new that. A few pairs of pants have some stain or bleach marks. One pair of pants is brand new with the tags still on and with the extra button. About 1/2 the clothes are name brand. She said she bought too much off the site and this is what she was getting rid of now that her son is wearing this size. I have two loads of laundry going and will probably do some more. Our son will be happily surprised that I bought him more cloths, the ones that I was sure would fit are already in the mwashing machine. I'll need to get him to try on more pants again because he is growing.

I sold $7 in ripe tomatoes earlier this week. That man contacted me this morning because they had nearly eaten all of the tomatoes and he wanted more whenever I had them. He is buying another $4 in tomatoes this evening, mostly large cherry tomatoes this time.

I have had two potential daycare families contact me this week. Some things are looking up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Sep 14th, 2017 at 03:45 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The air quality is finally good today. I had the kids outside this morning until their hands were getting cold. We were all happy to finally get outside again. We had good timing and we're back in the house before it started to drizzle.

Our twins have been coughing the last few days, not sure how much of it is caused by the smoke. Twin girl had me up very late the last two night and twin boy has started his day early both days. The up side is that I caught a great deal on Facebook at 11pm last night. $5 for 11 pairs of pants and 4 t-shirts, she even delivered it in a nice box. Most of the pants are one size too big for him, but I already new that. A few pairs of pants have some stain or bleach marks. One pair of pants is brand new with the tags still on and with the extra button. About 1/2 the clothes are name brand. She said she bought too much off the site and this is what she was getting rid of now that her son is wearing this size. I have two loads of laundry going and will probably do some more. Our son will be happily surprised that I bought him more cloths, the ones that I was sure would fit are already in the mwashing machine. I'll need to get him to try on more pants again because he is growing.

I sold $7 in ripe tomatoes earlier this week. That man contacted me this morning because they had nearly eaten all of the tomatoes and he wanted more whenever I had them. He is buying another $4 in tomatoes this evening, mostly large cherry tomatoes this time.

I have had two potential daycare families contact me this week. Some things are looking up.
    did you ever figure out why the air quality was so bad?
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ontario strawberries are back at Fortinos - bought 4 on Monday and will get more tomorrow. They are sooooo good!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 -have you had the $5.99/qt Ontario berries from Longos? They were excellent and about three different sizes in the quart. Used some for cake on Saturday and we ate the remaining berries on Tuesday (kept them in the fridge until then).
    @Angela273 -hurray for the improved air quality! Happy for your day and your deals and business prospects!
    @Frugalbigmama -some great meal ideas you have this week! Any pulled pork with cola on the menu to make in the crockpot?

Project Paint-lost time while trying to remove that clear caulking I put in about 5 years ago. Used plastic blade, metal blade and point end of can opener (for the corner gaps at the baseboards where a bead of caulking was placed). Applied paint stripper on light fixture, taped off the two wall holes that need another round of Polyfil, and got the ceiling and all walls except window side painted. Kept bending head back and up to check my rolling--think I kept seeing the old green colour and sometimes I did. Overpainted on the ceiling and on the wall. Will call it my weeping willow in French Vanilla era...Removed all newspaper and tape around trim and set bedroom for bed again. Not sleeping with a Febreze scented Glad bag in my room again like I did last night. All that clear space around the bed has me thinking storage ideas and yes, a new door for the closet. Was fuelled by cola, chips and seaweed most of day then almost crashed around 5:30pm (spiked my cola with some Gran Marnier for a kick) so had my lentil and pea stew for protein.

Will jot tomorrow's tasks-not sure I'll do much painting but the repairs and radiator stripping (have a lot of paint stripper jelly left so will use it then apply to baseboards as well) are the main priorities. But I plan to walk to Fortinos in the morning to stretch my legs and look at specials before starting "paint work" for Friday. May have to tackle closet fixes, sanding and caulking removal too if I plan to paint that area on Saturday. Have to put the electrical cover plates back on and affix my reflective stars-love a few of them at night glowing after the light is off at bedtime.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've made 2 batches of crabapple raspberry the last couple weeks about 50 cups total. Am making 1 more this weekend to trade for winter storage of our camper.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    did you ever figure out why the air quality was so bad?
    The air quality was so bad from all the smoke from the forest fires. The wind current carried the smoke from far away.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My dragon pup has old dog warts. We've been to the vet about them he told me not to be concerned. But I am. They make her itchy. So I'm trying vitamin e oil applied daily to the warts to help her. Once a day. Supposedly 2 to 3 times daily for 3 weeks they'd be gone. It's been 2 weeks so far. They look less swelled, smaller and not as red and irritated. She also wants the oil because she will come and make her grrry chatter at me until I put it on for her and then she goes away or cuddles with me.

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If you are using Google Drive for file storage, you did see recent news about the support ending in December and the service disappearing in March 2018? Just a heads-up, if you have files there that you rely on. Drive won't be on PCs/Macs anymore.
    Oh I missed that. I'll be moving my files now thank you!

barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If you are using Google Drive for file storage, you did see recent news about the support ending in December and the service disappearing in March 2018? Just a heads-up, if you have files there that you rely on. Drive won't be on PCs/Macs anymore.
    I do not come here much now but posts like this giving wrong information grind my gears. Your information is not correct and this is how #FakeNews all starts.

Google Drive in the cloud is not going away. The app is and a replacement was already released.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnet...drives-future/

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Sep 15th, 2017 at 09:06 AM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Oh I missed that. I'll be moving my files now thank you!

#FakeNews

No need to worry. The post was not correct and definitely was not clear. Your files in the cloud are fine, but you will have to use a different app if you backup and sync.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnet...drives-future/

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Sep 15th, 2017 at 08:48 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! I have tons to do at work today but the day should fly by!

I wrapped 2 roasts for the freezer last night. Will deal with the 6 in the fridge tonight. Dishes are all done but the ones on the counter drying need to be put away as well as the dishwasher emptied. I have no plan for dinner but we will figure it out. Thinking a bbq should be the plan so we can sit outside and enjoy this beautiful weather.

Payday! Off to transfer my funds and pay bills.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information