User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! Today we removed the ac and got her in the locker.Managed to did 3 boxes of cleaning(was tired today) mostly Christmas stuff,bathroom stuff and my stuff.Made a great trade yesterday .I hope to receive my 1,50$ Oasis 1,75l coupons in time for this week 2$ Super C orange juice Oasis 1,75 l altrought we can only pm3 at maxi and Super C is far from me...grrrrrrr.....Supper is baked pate chinois(ground beef ,corn and patatoes) with homemade fruits ketchup.Only a few boxes to go before the inspection next week,
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Oh yes FBM-would definitely have to have bananas on my fruit list. Really I think I should live in the tropics where I can grow them in my backyard-lol! According to the energy star rating that came with the dishwasher it should cost $31 per year to run with an electric water heater and $20 with gas. Or 258 KW hrs per year-of course I am sure the water would cost more than that. They do say based on an average of 4 loads a week, whereas I think many families run it every day. I was actually surprised to see it was that low-I would have thought it might cost that much per month to run-shows what I know!

DH was telling me there is some app you can download to connect to your DW to trouble shoot any problems with it-good grief I don't even have a smart phone. I do hope it can also wash dishes-lol.
    It's funny. Years ago I rarely bought bananas. I love them. (mmm on oatmeal so good and such a cheap breakfast!) And they are cheap compared to other fruits. The other day youngest DS said he didn't want breakfast. Well I can't send him to school without breakfast so I cut up strawberries and a banana in a cup and he ate it on the way to school. Good and cheap! I will have to make a point of buying a bigger bunch from now on so I can do this more often (even for me in the evening I should eat more fruit and I love a banana cut up and eat it with a fork lol)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

got an email saying my sample source order is shipped and to expect it in 5-10 business day!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Saw the new smartsource insert in the blog section and I will try to get a few copy by trade for the iams cat dry food 5$ coupons depending of the expiry date for eve when she had eat their 8 bags(7 remaining).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Oh yes FBM-would definitely have to have bananas on my fruit list. Really I think I should live in the tropics where I can grow them in my backyard-lol! According to the energy star rating that came with the dishwasher it should cost $31 per year to run with an electric water heater and $20 with gas. Or 258 KW hrs per year-of course I am sure the water would cost more than that. They do say based on an average of 4 loads a week, whereas I think many families run it every day. I was actually surprised to see it was that low-I would have thought it might cost that much per month to run-shows what I know!

DH was telling me there is some app you can download to connect to your DW to trouble shoot any problems with it-good grief I don't even have a smart phone. I do hope it can also wash dishes-lol.
    hmmm I bet they lie on how much energy appliance use. I was looking at getting a hot tub but the energy cost scares me. MY Brother in law said his is cheap but my sister says no their hydro bill went way up after they got it. (Mind you it is a huge fancy 8-plus seater with a zillion jets etc)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Saw the new smartsource insert in the blog section and I will try to get a few copy by trade for the iams cat dry food 5$ coupons depending of the expiry date for eve when she had eat their 8 bags(7 remaining).
    Send me your address and I can mail you my coupons. No Cats here

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Send me your address and I can mail you my coupons. No Cats here
    I will send you a pm .Thank you very much!!! So kind of you

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Welcome back J & C
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Welcome back! You have been missed!!

RE: PC POINTS- Yes you can still use points to redeem for everything else, electronics etc just not for gift cards anymore. It sucks but really if you want giftcards, buy them there and pay for with grocery budgeted money then redeem your points for your groceries! I was disappointed too but at least we still have PC points to gain and redeem
    Thank you
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Welcome back J & C
    Thank you
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! I just finished baking an apple crisp!!! It smell so good in the house!!! Next recepies will be a pumpkin soup and pumpkin cookies,i cannot wait to taste those!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@jasperandchar : glad to see you back!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Good morning everyone,

Sorry I haven't checked in @lilo0003,

Life has been a roller coaster ride since the last time I chatted on the thread,

anyways life is somewhat back to normal or my normal (haha)

I have 1 load of laundry out handing, the 2nd in the dryer and the 3rd sheets will be going outside

I need to get some baking done & into the freezer to save on the convenient & expensive lunch snacks.

Starting today I'm back to my 3 list rule, need to get 3 things done on the list so that I get motivated

I've been getting dh to pickup a few items on the facebook group for sale sites, we got a lovely solid shelf that you hang on the wall for the cottage and 2 end tables, solid wood for $5. I will refinish them in time (on my list) but truly they were a gift for that price

Dh is now permanent with the school board which is great news in many ways (benefits, pension & stability).

My young men are growing like weeds, I now have to look up to them.

We have gotten more chickens since my last chat and can't keep up with the egg demand from dh's work & egg customers. Atleast they are paying for themselves and we get fresh eggs as a bonus. In the spring we will incubate and raise our own to fill the freezer.

We purchased a 2017 Chevy Silverado in late August, dh is driving the car as much as possible to save the warranty on the truck.

Lots of other stuff I'm sure is new but since so much time has passed I forget & I guess we just adjusted.

Dh is in the Christmas spirit already he has been picking up stocking stuffers for the boys which is nice, saves me having to worry about the perfect items.

I was quite disappointed when pc plus announced points could no longer be redeemed for gift cards as that was our saving grace for the last few years for Christmas gifts/expenses.

Does anyone know if you can still purchase electronics from SuperStore using the points, I would imagine but I'm uncertain @Frugalbigmama and/or others,

Enjoy your day folks, I will check in later & try and catch up on October's thread.
    Good night jasperandchar ..so wonderful see you back on sc ..hope everything is going well with you and your family..take great care yourself sweetie
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! TGIF.Cleaning and make the grocery shopping list are in the menu for today.Altrought we dont need much this week but maxi have a great sale.Wishing everyone a fantastic day!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

woo hoo @jasperandchar is back. Welcome, you have been missed.
    I am working in the office today, which is not my Friday routine and I have meetings until 5 blech, this means I don't get home until after 7.
    I have not had a chance to look at the flyers, but DH is working on a meal plan. We are going to continue to clear the freezer pantry until he returns to work. Tonight we are going to try one of the Marie Callender lasagnas. Not as good as home made I am sure but if we like it I can pair it with a CO 51 and coupons with a Sobeys sale and pick it up for 3.00 (I will do one for each of our accounts).
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information