User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got Ashlyn off to school today from her house -managed to get a load in washer and dryer for daughter-in-law ,I noticed her feet were swollen my daughter-in-law she is 8 months pregnant-I told her to elevate them at night when she gets home -my son had massaged them for her last night she told me
    -well I may have a buyer from kijiji he cant come today to far but he will be in town next Tuesday which is fine by me may make 20.00-22.00 for a few baby blankets my mom made -I still have 3 totes of baby stuff for all my kids and girlfriends pregnant ladies
    -hubby is getting front brakes today -so will be a higher charge bill end of October but we have savings for that plus we only have the one car so need to keep up with it
    -have a few towels on the line may dry we will see as it may rain today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just ordered a free $25 Canadian Tire gift card by redeeming points on a credit card that I rarely use.

I posted another wanted ad on our local Facebook garage sale pages. Our son has outgrown nearly every item of outdoor winter clothes. I have pretty much all the outdoor winter clothes that our twins will need. Twin girl needs more shirts, since she has outgrown a lot of hers.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 4th, 2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Fixing typos
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 -what's the sales tip with zucchini? Regular full size ones or the smaller kind? That's amazing your produce sales are continuing into fall! You've had some amazing deals and finds! Like the $1 coin find!

The laundry done on Monday night got line-dried yesterday. I altered the second BBQ apron (my July CT find) in the morning so that task is done at last. Did some sanding of the radiator and am not sure if the paint dust or cold beverage bothered my sinuses since the afternoon as my mid-face has been sore since then. Mom and I did the Bay's Senior's day in the afternoon and she got some things and used my $10 AM gift certificate too (I'm glad it's used). We did look at clearance comforters but I want to hold off on the one purchase for now (was not in the mood to lug a bag on the bus either). We had a light meal in the food court before coming back home. I can tell you that Harvey's chocolate-marshmallow pie is gooey good (just let the dessert cool down a bit before enjoying-I burnt my tongue).

Today's rain did fall (no sinus relief as yet) and it's muggy outside. I missed my Internet time yesterday and so was keen to be seen online today. Will get back to sanding. No particular Thanksgiving plan has come together-probably something will be sorted on the weekend. I did broil three burgers last night and had one for late supper, one for breakfast and the last one is for whoever finds it first.

Caught up on newspapers today-sad to see that Hamilton's Sears store at Lime Ridge is on a new store closure list as well as Oakville Place's store. Scarborough Town Centre is losing its store. That will be a big presence to fill in each mall.
    @lizzie bargain -keep tabs on any Facebook store gift card contests or Cdn Tire news so you may win DD a hand vac for her room at school. I'm seeking canister vacuum unit contests as a new vacuum is needed.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

First Choice Haircutter coupons in Ontario expire on Sunday--should anyone need a haircut savings this week!

I've seen McDonald's takeout bags on my walks and on the bus stating that Monopoly begins on Wed. Oct. 11. Chasing those Bay gift card prizes again this year...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel I have sold a lot more red rhubarb and tomatoes than I did zucchinis. I had problems with my zucchinis having flower rot, which resulted in delayed produce. More people wanted zucchini in the summer vs now. Some people want very large zucchinis because they peel and grate them for baking. The last lady bought a large zucchini and a medium zucchini. I still have lots of zucchini on my kitchen table. I don't have a food processor, so it's a lot of work for me to grate and freeze it for baking.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Ciel I have sold a lot more red rhubarb and tomatoes than I did zucchinis. I had problems with my zucchinis having flower rot, which resulted in delayed produce. More people wanted zucchini in the summer vs now. Some people want very large zucchinis because they peel and grate them for baking. The last lady bought a large zucchini and a medium zucchini. I still have lots of zucchini on my kitchen table. I don't have a food processor, so it's a lot of work for me to grate and freeze it for baking.
    Grilled zucchini is awesome! I would eat it everynight

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

today found a mcdonalds sticker -now hubbys card is filled
    relaxing line dried one load before rain fall,called my older brother will take him shopping in morning (Thursday)to freshco
    -supper tonight fish ,corn and rice

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just picked up this awesome winter coat for our son for $5. Someone else messaged me with boots and ski pants, but they are pretty worn, so I think I'll keep looking.
    Name:  IMG_5184.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  137.4 KB
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Today I hope to manage a lot of cleaning because yesterday I was sick And the deadline is now in 2 weeks.Leaves start to change color and we have a lovely forecast today.Need to do the dishes too.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! DS and I are up North for a weekend hockey tournament in December. The team is staying at a resort. I have booked us our own 2 bedroom cottage . We have a common cottage for our group to gather in the evening and will have a potluck instead of going out to eat which is nice. I am so happy there is a hot tub!!!! Will be nice after a day at the arena. Thinking I will stock up on popcorn kernals and grab brown paper bags. Then I can make popcorn for all the kids. (we have full kitchens) Really looking forward to this little getaway.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just got back from grocery shopping spent 103.19 at Walmart excluding my turkey which I got free with my p.c points last week -saved 3.50 in coupons and 5.25 from caddle and checkout51 didn't pick up the wine that can wait til Friday
    -was up at 3.a.m this morning so did a load of towels ,sometimes I just wake up early went to bed at 9.30 maybe its an age thing -lol
    -supper tonight pasta because on Friday were are eating at sons he is ordering fish and chips -yummmm

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I updated some apps on my phone this morning. It turns out that Coupgon is no longer. I called our local CO-OP to confirm.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I took our kids for a short walk to our mailbox, but our son wanted to keep going. I let him mostly pick the way and we ended up going for a 1hr walk before we arrived home with the one envelope for Dh. I though our twins did quite well walking with us. We played in the back yard for a little while once we got home, we headed inside when their hands were getting cold. It got down to -2 or -3 last night.

I sold the rest of my extra zucchinis for $11. I still have some zucchini left for our familybto use. The kids and I dug most of the potatoes today, which resulted in another 3 gallons of red potatoes. I was wearing gloves, but my hands are hurting.

Im planning on making lasagne tomorrow. We don't have any plans for Thanks Giving, which might be for the best since most of us a currently fighting a cold. I think I'll roast a chicken with carrots, potatoes, and onions this weekend. I've been procrastinating regarding making another apple crisp, which would help me use up more free apples that I was given.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 6th, 2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: 1hr walk, not nap. Darn auto correct.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was unsuccessful in selling the bucket of small ripening tomatoes, so today I sorted the ripe tomatoes by variety and posted them for sale. I sold small cherry tomatoes for $4. I have a pick-up scheduled this evening for $6 in baby girl clothes.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sluggish internet connection tonight. Morning runs to Cdn Tire for spray paint and to Longos for produce/baked goods. Radiator got painted 2x so I'm ready for heating season later! Will post more tomorrow.

Enjoy reading your posts!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information