User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1499Likes

Thread: October 2017 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was able to have a nice chat with my dad today. He called back later and told me that he was going to transfer me some money to put towards the purchase of new winter tires for my van, what a nice surprise.

I took all my kids to our friends’ house to play in her back yard. She has a trampoline, etc. After their nap I took our 3 kids for a pretty big walk down our street. I picked up 1 beer can to recycle.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 10th, 2017 at 08:11 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Monday I made a great trade,now I have one pending because the person did not update their traded coupons and another one person is requesting them before me (i am a little upset and frustrated about this).I will try to make another trade this week.I hope my ensure-glucerna coupons will be there soon for the uniprix sale.Ordered my Chapmans 4$ coupon and i hope to receive it this week to get free frozen yogurt at IGA.This morning I will make my banana bread.Have a great night everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We went grocery shopping last night and spent/got way more then I had originally planned but we found some awesome deals I just couldn't walk away from.

At Freshco:
    10 lbs carrots for $1
    Cauliflower for a $1 (got 2)
    (both of these need to be used soon but they will be perfect for soups)

At the Chinese Market:
    A tray of Snow Peas for $1.50
    3 Peppers (Red, Yellow & Orange) for $1

At No Frills:
    4 roasts should have been $2.47/lb but where marked down to $1.81/lb

Also on our list not super finds but still good deals:
    8 limes for $1.00
    2 lbs Lemons $1.99
    Pasta Sauce $0.99/can
    2 4lb bags of Apples for $5
    Napa Cabbage $0.38/lb
    Peameal $1.97/lb
    Pie Pumpkins $0.69/lb
    Real Maple Syrup $7.99

I am sure there was more I cannot think of right now as again when we got home my kitchen floor was covered in groceries which in a weird way makes me very very happy. I think it is because I remember last year where it was like okay can I find money for milk and yogurt vs now where we are able to stock up and have a full fridge again.

I had to laugh yet again listening to my siblings talk, one bro and sis have moved out of Dad's, other bro won't move out till next year as his Condo has been delayed. But listening to them talk about groceries they still have not found that you have to shop the sales. They are shocked by the things I buy but I buy it all on sale and what I get for $100 is 3 to 4 times what they get but for them it is about convince what store is the closest and what do I "need". One day they may learn my ways lol.

Alright time to get back to work there are work in process steps that need to be laid out and programmed into our new Work Order program for production. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A friend of mine, the single mom with 4 kids, is a Seacret Rep. I’m using their products on our twins’ eczema and their hair brushes are awesome. I’m hosting an online party, please feel free to pm me if anyone is interested and I can send you a link or answer any questions you might have. You can get free shipping to your door. Thanks.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@SassyAshley - A full fridge is a good thing! Especially when you have children. I couldn't imagine how horrible it would feel to be in the position of not having good food for my children to eat. Thankful for this for sure.

Last night I made chicken, oven fries and green beans. (the youngest also had 1/2 a cucumber sliced up since he was saying he didn't want green beans but he ate it all lol) Youngest DS took the leftover chicken in his lunch. I made him a fresh fruit cup to go for breakfast. I think tonight I may make mini pancakes then I can make him a fancy breakfast tomorrow with fruit on the side. ( I let him sleep in a bit today so we were pressed for time but it all worked out!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to once upon a child today -got 15.00 for my daughter-in-law and 40.00 for my daughter from used kids books and clothing -mind you they didn't take it all so will donate the rest
    then bought Sebastian a gap fleecy sleeper like new for 2.50
    and a plastic large arms in type bib for 3.00 was a little ticked thou as I had to stitch the top nylon part that was coming away form the Velcro and for Ashlyn I got new Barbie mini gloves for 1.00 still in pkg

then popped into marshalls and bought myself a 3 par of socks in a pkg for 5.00 as my sock drawer is really not half way full and a lot are thinning

opps forgot I popped into talize and wanted to see what was 50% today-I bought a lovely silk dressy tank from reitmans 4.99-50%=2.50
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Oct 11th, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just paid my mastercard in full $238.00-mind you half of that was xmas gifts as I am all done baby to be cara ,half of Ashlyn and half of sebastians-plus I bought myself a wonderfull tunic top and a new bra-bali brand at the bay -well worth it ,it was on sale

-today I spent 18 something on my debit when I was out(3 stores) so I am keeping it down
    sometimes my hubby doesn't get buying ahead (xmas or gifts ) even after all these years as his mother had 6 kids and never bought ahead their fridge was never filled

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening!!! Today Father and I managed to do another 7 blacks bags and storage drawer.We did cleaning for 2and a half hour and we where more productive than 5 hours.Donated lots of clothes that does not fitting me anymore,found samples and expired coupons again.Then mostly other beloved brother clothes and things(I cannot believe how much clothes and things he had) .Father found a nice coat brand new expensive one who fit him perfectly for the winter.I found 80$ in change in a drawer (mine) Will continue cleaning tomorrow maybe 15 boxes left and the living room is a galore again.Have a wonderful evening and night everyone!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone .Chilly this morning in QC .0 degres brrr,I Will probably bake an apple crisp next early week and some more salmon pie;
    I will try to writhe to compagnies for coupons so far I did Chapmans,Colgate Palmolive,Ensure,Glucerna and Bolthouse,
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was still sorting through some of the groceries last night, we have a lot to deal with this weekend only issue is finding a spot of out the way to put it until we can deal with it this weekend. Good news is, it doesn't need to be in the fridge as the fridge is busting at the seams. But we got things like Pie Pumpkins to make our own Pumpkin puree for baking so I have 6 mini pumpkins living on the Kitchen floor with 3 Butternut Squash to be turned into soup. As well I need to reorganize one cupboard which was the snack cupboard but other items were placed in the cupboard and now I have no room for snacks.

Last night I managed to (that sounds bad but I will admit yesterday was a LONG day at work so by the time I got home I wanted to do nothing, but there were things to be done) empty the dishwasher and reload, did the hand dishes and cut up a pineapple for lunches. I did not get a lot done but it was enough to make me happy as I really wanted to do nothing.

Not sure what the plan is for tonight yet, we will have to see how today goes. I have a large project I am working on and have laid a timeline out for myself and fell way behind yesterday due to everything else going on. So I did do some imports from home last night to try to get back on track as huge part of this project is system errors so I was able to my errors to work on.

Alright well time to get back at it. Really wish I knew more about production right now as it would really help on this project but if I do not get answers today I will just start tracking people down and cornering them for my answers. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Chilly and raining. Hope to gets new boots today. Waiting for Sears clearance sales.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Well it was chilly here yesterday so I was in a cooking mood. So I attempted one last time to make homemade mac and cheese as good as Grandma. And I did it! Rave reviews from the judge (youngest DS loves Grams mac and cheese) So we had that for dinner last night and have leftovers for tonight. (after school sports so will be home later).

I did a few loads of laundry last night too but need to get at it all tonight. I only did bedding last night so easy to put away. Tonight will be the rest of the clothing and towels. Never ending!

Tomorrow is payday. I cleaned up the budget yesterday and moved grocery money ($75) and Misc. ($150.) forward. I put my car gas money in savings last pay period and will do the same tomorrow. I still have half a tank and will fill it up today but use cash in my wallet (well will use credit card and put cash on it ) I finally passed the $500 mark with my PC Pts that I was trying to do before redeeming. Since I have change/cash I am using for groceries the next week as well I hope to not touch my points. Will hold off doing a little redemption/stock up.
    I did the last Finish rebate with Loblaws and mailed it out the other day. (up to $23) Bought the medium size one using a $1 off coupon. Love this rebate. I haven't paid for dishwasher detergent in over 5 years and I have at least 1.5 years worth in the cupboard!

The house was at 16 this morning when we left. I didn't put the heat on since we were all leaving for the day. Hoping the sunshine warms up the house today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Chilly and raining. Hope to gets new boots today. Waiting for Sears clearance sales.
    Yes, good idea. But now you have me thinking. This is where I bought my oldest DS's suit and shirt for Grade 8 Grad. I'm wondering if I should go look now for youngest DS for the Spring.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

didn't sleep well last night5 hours had to get to ashlyns by 6.15 a.m as daughter-in-law had early shifts ,Ashlyn cried as she wanted to hug her mommy and daddy meanwhile they both gave her hugs -I think since starting school she has been waking up at 5-6.am its a a big change for her I think -I told her we will have her sleep over this sat (give my son and his very pregnant wife a break as long as they pick her up by 10.30 on sunday as we want to go see Sebastian and my daughter in Toronto

-making my turkey soup right now cant wai til weekend for cheaper hydro as I am so busy ,so lunch will be turkey soup
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Natalka posted in the tea room section and the news are encouraging.Cannot wait to see her back on the site.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information