User Tag List

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy Christmas Natalka.
    Angela - that unit is beautiful!!!

ok, sunday here. Plan was to have MIL2 over for Dinner. we mutually cancelled... the weather on the windsor to london corridor is nasty. and I am concerned about her makingit back home. now that we cancelled, it will miss us totally. lol.

ANy hoo, I put in a huge 7 lb sirloin tip roast ( I asked for 2 from the farmer for holiday meals. ...) in my dutch oven . it is slowly roasting covered in garlic and rosemary at a lovely low 275 F. Slow and low. house smells amazing. and I will have leftovers for a couple of days.

I am working my sb. Jan is always tough.
    and finializing some Daycare crafts, activities for my littles. I plan up to 3 months ahead...... so I always have stuff ready for them.
    might binge watch some android box... and just chill
    it will be a interesting week . Youngest has her wisdom teeth out monday. and work wise I have 2 kids leaving for a big trip with grandparents sunday.. they are already bouncing off the wallls lol.

Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Shopping done. Lots of deals and stocked up on some things. Potatoes peeled and roasts slow cooking. Laundry on the go and put away as done. Time for a break and go visit my friend
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Still trying to take it easy, yesterday was a bit rough I woke up achy and sore on the side I feel on so yesterday was a write off. Today I am feeling better, still sore, so still trying to take it easy. Bending and Lifting really hurt but I keep seeing things that need to get done and it is driving me insane that I cannot even do these little things.

Mom is helping me do the laundry, normally I do it as she cannot really carry the baskets up and down the stairs but right now I cannot either. Between the 2 of us we got everything to the basement now we will just have to get it back up when it is done.

Garbage also needs to go out but there is no way I can get it in the dumpster and Mom can't either with her back (injury from when I was a kid my uncle jumped off a diving board in the pool and landed on her). Another thing I normally do but can't right now. Really wish some of our old neighbours still lived here as I know I could have traded baked goods for them taking the garbage out for us.

Tonight's dinner is a Glazed Ham (yippee, a little bit of room in the freezer) with Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and maybe carrots or squash haven't decided yet. Really need to get a turkey out but not sure when we will have time to cook that yet but thinking we will cook pull apart instead of making a large dinner since it is only the 2 of us and I am honestly not a big turkey fan but couldn't pass up $0.75/lb.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dishes are all done and two loads of laundry are on the go.

I did some grocery shopping this morning and ended up going to NF, WM, and Sobeys. Our NF did not have any advertised strawberries because their shipment got frozen. I printed 75c Driscoll’s berry coupons, but none of the berries that were on sale were their brand. WM has the fish crackers, so I redeemed the FPC because I hadn’t been able to trade it yet. I picked up 3 nice apple boxes with matching lids at NF. I want to use them for some stuff that is going out to the shed or that needs to be better organized, but I can put of big boxes and bins. I found a can and a large bottle to recycle at SARCAN.

We disassembled dh’s old computer desk and they are taking it to the landfill. We got the desk for free years ago and it wasn’t in great shape when my brother gave it to us. I e already vacuumed that area. We are still figuring out how best to arrange the living room with the new shelving unit. We might get something to put in front of the shelving unit to protect the carpet. We want to use it for the kids and daycare kids outdoor clothes, etc. We already have a toy box and bookshelves.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 7th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went and got a few groceries $79.00 spent then decided since hubby and I didn't go out on new years eve -I would get hot foods at fortinos had an offer for 2,000 when you spend 10.00 so got 2 chicken breasts for hubby and I made French fries at home and frozen corn
    -just ordered an open sweater for me from the gap used my 25.00 gift card up only paid 4.89 after giftcard so that made my day

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Today is another chill day. I have venison stew in the slow cooker and DH is making dumplings. Did our grocery shopping yesterday and only spent $56 as the freezer is still full. You realize how much you have when you're trying to use things up!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! I just spend 1 hour writing to compagnies for the coupons I wanted.I will take track in a list when I can reorder some.Some will be to trade ,some to kept for me,Supper today is a fend for myself as father work again,maybe i will make a salad with iceberg lettuce.Have a great evening and night everyone!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was really good. Kitchen is cleaned up. Leftovers in fridge. Dishwasher to running. Just have to put towels in dryer and I am done for the day
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My niece was married last night in a lovely simple ceremony-we have had company for the last 10 days so it has been busy. DD flew back to Vancouver this morning and the house is now very quiet-will pick up a few groceries in the morning. I am off to Maui on Thursday for a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jan 8th, 2018 at 12:10 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    My niece was married last night in a lovely simple ceremony-we have had company for the lat 10 days so it has been busy. DD flew back to Vancouver this morning and the house is now very quiet-will pick up a few groceries in the morning. I am off to Maui on Tursday for a couple of weeks.
    You have certainly been busy. Enjoy your vacation.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’ll have all my regular daycare kids back tomorrow. I bought fresh berries, milk, etc. this morning. I might go to the store again on Wednesday or Thursday in hopes of buying Driscoll’s berries or yogurt that was out of stock. I redeemed $20 in AM at Sobeys for milk and picked up a family pack of lean ground beef for $2.97/lb + 10AM personal offer.

Tomorrow’s supper will be home made fried rice (with egg, roast ham, mixed veggies), and leftover sweet and sour.
    I plan on making corn chowder this week, which will finish off the last of the red garden potatoes.
    I’m thinking about trying a recipe for home made soft tacos/wraps. I might do it tomorrow morning and serve egg and cheese wraps at lunch.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 7th, 2018 at 09:10 PM.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last night we did chicken Caesar for supper. Tonight was meatloaf beans and baked taters.

Bf went out and plowed the driveway at our old house, our new house and 2 other people's places on the way while I worked on stuff at home.

I started my temperature blanket yesterday with doing the first 6 days and today I did one row for today. Until it gets too big I will knit It on the recumbent bike and get some exercise in at the same time. Today my thighs hurt.

We finally get our boys back tomorrow. Like that but Admittedly I also kinda dread it because they tend to be rude disrespectful and puppy every time they've been with their mom that long (3weeks). Especially towards me.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Another cold and miserable day. It has been snowing non stop here since I woke up at 6. DH will have to snow plow the driveway before he goes to work this afternoon. School buses cancelled all around us so an extra day off for school kids. For those venturing out today, drive safe.

DH will probably wake up sooner than usual as the house smells like roast beef as there is one in the crock pot cooking along with potatoes, carrots, onions and celery.

Don't forget about this today. I already signed up.

https://www.loblawcard.ca/

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I signed up for the Loblaws card too-and my husband too as I did not see it saying anything about one card per address. We have definitely bought the Country Harvest bread at No Frills,
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information