User Tag List

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree3208Likes

Thread: January 2018 Frugal Chatter (new calendars & spreadsheets)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Pennington had a sale on underwear (badly in need of smaller pairs) so I got 12 pairs for 2.79 each after taxes and shipping.

I also decided to get my case for my tablet... protect my investment and get the Lenovo specific one.

Leftovers for lunch and supper today. Bf says he's going to use the meatballs and spaghetti left to make soup tomorrow.

I've been home sick the last two days and know I'm.not feeling good because I haven't had to force myself to sit or nap. I haven't felt guilty for not sweeping or folding laundry or whatever else.

Dragon seemed "off"on Sunday. Hiding in other rooms, not inclined to eat...and then I figured out she was having bum issues and needed a quick cleanup shave. She's been much happier since.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A young Grandma bought a few items of brand new baby clothes from me a while ago. She’s coming tomorrow morning to go through boxes of baby boy clothes. I’ll bring the boxes in from the shed after our son heads to school in the morning, but while Dh is still home. She is yet another person who asked for a price per box, but I do a price per item, that way the person is happy with what they picked out and there will be no surprises.

Tomorrow’s lunch will be leftover speghittini and meatballs with sliced cucumber and baby carrots.
    Supper plan is marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts, rice, fresh broccoli and cauliflower.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 16th, 2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We received a light dusting of snow last night. I spotted my little bunny visitor this morning in my neighbor's yard instead of at my bird feeder as usual. No plans on picking up our mail today as I am not expecting anything until Friday which should be the day my Walmart order arrives.

Nothing major planned for today other then stripping bed sheets, washing and drying them after 7 and remaking them before then. Left overs for lunch today as there are too many odds and ends in the fridge that need to be used up.

Happy Hump Day everyone!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Lovely weather heading our way, we're going above zero today!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The Grandma bought $80 in baby boy clothes, which she took home in an orange garbage bag. She was very happy with her purchase and it was certainly worth my time.

Dh went out for coffee last night. One guy forgot his wallet so Dh bought him his $2 coffee, the guy gave him a lottery ticket. Dh cashes the ticket on the way home and bought a scratch card with the winnings. I received the scratch card and won $40 on it. So Dh turned $2 into $40.

I posted a few more things for sale.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 17th, 2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well just got my 44.00 cheque yesterday form checkout51 -maybe on Thursday I will make my way to the bank -today staying in -man I am so stuffed up at night I took the cough syrup doctor prescibed last night at 7.30 and was in bed by 8.00 only woke up once at 1.30 did a load of laundry again

-anglea you are doing so good with your sales my daughter-in-law sold her baby bassinet last night for 60.00 as I bought it new for Ashlyn and cara wants no part of it ,my daughter-in-law told me the mom to mom groups around here are hardly moving on the clothing so it was good I took them last week to once upon a child my daughter-in-law ended up getting 44.00 in total(but she gave half of the money to her sister as she passes clothing on to her from her one year old for cara) and my daughter 22.00

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I decided to make the potatoes and veracruz dish while my dinnertime pasta was cooking on the stovetop. Must say that the cinnamon and oregano adds zing to the tomatoes and make a lovely aroma. However, I was the only appreciative person for the final dish-the others complained the potatoes were not fully done. Hmm-maybe I need to stop doubling the potatoes (I had 4 large potatoes to use up from the tray of reduced potatoes purchased on Sunday) and I should have added that last tbsp. of oil to the dish even though I did not have chicken to add to it.

This morning, I warmed up my muscles with a walk to Value Village (Monday is 50% off clothing, accessories, bed& bath, and shoes day). Did not see much of interest (same sweaters, tops etc. in both women's and mens; I thought Burlington's Fairview store on Monday had a slightly better mix) but did see a size 16 halter top style maxi dress pattern with matching robe (fur trim on robe) for 99cents-very 70s style and could be ideal for anyone heading to warm vacation or looking forward to warm patio days here in Canada. I have not yet visited Burlington's second (newest) Value Village in the northeast part of the city yet and I skipped checking the Stoney Creek store on Monday as I gave myself 20min to get my Fortinos browsing and redemption done prior to my next bus ride home.

Found three cans on the walk to the grocery store, spent my coins with the others in wallet for $1 scratch ticket>won $1 so another ticket and nothing. Good bit of adrenaline on this sunny day. Found a fourth can on the way to the library.

Did anyone get a copy of the Sweet dessert cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi last year? There are temperature errors in 21 recipes. Karon Liu wrote in a recent column that the publisher will provide replacement copies; see link for details: https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...anslation.html
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jan 17th, 2018 at 12:59 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS received lots of mail the other day. Sorted all his T4's etc. He also received a $50 cheque for a Christmas Bonus from a grocery store job that he quit mid December since he found a better job. Nice surprise! His new job also gave him a $50 GC for Christmas. Lucky kid!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-I was thinking of you on the flight over as they were serving coffee in McDonalds cups and they all had the free drink stickers on-you would have been in your glory and I am sure the majority got tossed!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got my 5.00 lunchmates Harvey giftcard today ,supper was peameal bacon and scrambled eggs nice and easy as I feel so tired still

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. been a slow week for me. kinda nice. getting loads done. so that is always nice
    cshed out end of last week on sb. up to over 550 again . every little click.

waiting fo r hubby, then going to SDM.. I need 12ooo points to make it to the top level and I want to do it before th e 1st when they swap over. and I need tp....lol.

peameal roast in the over, and leftover chicken pot pie for supper.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

By fluke, the family I work for that has 2 sets of twin boys is in Maui too. I went to visit them at their resort yesterday and they came by my condo today. We took the boys to the beach and found turtles, sea cucumbers, fish and crabs in the ocean so they were all happy to play on the beach and in the water.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

There were 4 large envelopes in our mailbox from Chapman’s. Which contained 2 calendars and 2 books. I only ordered one of each, so there was an error on their part.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Good morning all.
    story time at the library today. Nap time I w ill finish putting away the Christmas stuff
    supper is tacos.

I made it to shoppers last night.... got tp, pop and a new themometer. for got cream for my tea.. but hubby went and bought me a tea this am. I will stop at the store and get cream. that should be the only money spent today.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our temp got up to six - yes, PLUS - and it will be the same today. Amazeballs!

Didn't have much shopping to do this week, I'll check my list to see if there's anything which needs to be picked up tonight, compared to what will be on sale next week.

Enjoy the day!

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information