User Tag List

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday had a bit of unwanted excitement. Ds’ school got shut down at lunch and all of the children had to be sent home due to sewer problems. They announced that it was fixed at the end of the day.

I received a text message from a daycare parent this morning, her daughter is staying home today. I still make the same amount of money.

I finally finalized a big trade for Bogo Whiskas coupons, after big delays from the other traders.

It’s supposed to be nice all week. I had the kids outside yesterday morning and plan on doing it again later this morning. I’m considering taking them on a sled ride.

Lunch: cream of mushroom soup, grilled cheese, sliced cucumber. I’ll have a deluxe salad because there is a bag of salad that needs to be eaten.
    Tonight’s supper is leftover fried rice, chicken and broccoli, sweet and sour meatballs with pineapple.

I’m taking our son to gymnastics this evening, then run some errands on the way home.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Working at home today. I am really hoping to catch up on a load of stuff. Too many distractions in the open concept office space I work in.
    I made a big batch of soup on the weekend after simmer all the turkey/chicken bones lurking in the freezer. So I am set for lunches for the next while. I have a shelf in the upstairs freezer that is all my lunch/breakfast stuff ready to go and I find this really helped with my buying lunch at work. I looked back and noted I bought lunch once in 2017. I used to do it almost daily.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@lilo0003 That is a great improvement with your work lunches.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just cashed out $20.30 from the Caddle app. One of my referrals credited for $1.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m glad that I took the time to check my coupons because 3x same FPCs expire tomorrow. Now they are ready to be used today or tomorrow. I also moved all my March expiry coupons to the same spot. I have 4 x FPCs to either trade or use soon. They are Whiskas wet cat food and bag of Gardein.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 27th, 2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is awesome today in Southern Ontario!

Did Mom's banking and got some pantry staples and produce too (forgot to hand my PC Optimum card to the grocery cashier even though I took it out right after I unloaded my items on the conveyor belt). Also three cans of beer-one of which I'll use in the onion beer bread recipe from last week's paper but replace the butter with oil and see what the result is like. Stopped in Shoppers to get a few items-I could have saved $2 on the Band Aids if I had checked first at Fortinos but I wanted the item when I checked my list. Since the weather is so nice, I'm going to visit Sobeys (@Angela 273 -hope you get some great deals at your store today) to see what the prices of ground beef are as I'd like to save $3 off if I buy $10 of Old El Paso items or maybe just get the bison steaks and earn 20 bonus AM.

I did check Food Basics yesterday and it does sell the Chocolate Ristorante pizza for $5.99. Sobeys has Ristorante pizza on sale for $3.99, so that is another incentive to visit Sobey's before the flyer changes on Thursday (snow/rain is coming back tomorrow). I also have Longo's on my stockup list for Oasis juice and some other items (later in the week).
    @Giseledta -thank you for mentioning your easy pasta salad; I will have to get pasta and some more dressing and give it a go this weekend!

Longo's had bagged copies of its new Spring Experience magazine-bagged because there was a $10 off meal kit coupon (valid Mar 2-31) for instore use or an online code to use if buying the kit through Grocery Gateway. Spring Health fairs return in late March into early May (Ancaster store event is on Sun. Apr. 22 from 12-4pm). Some yummy power bowl recipes and a week of kid friendly suppers with a shopping list suggesting about $90 in groceries plus pantry staples might interest SCers wanting to do some prep one day and then assemble the final dish on the weeknight in question.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Afternoon walk home yesterday then in evening: found two dimes, found $3.60 in containers plus a handy grocery bag to my rescue as my produce bag was starting to tear from the weight, found two more cans near home.
    Banked $4 today and have my March bank fee covered! Rare thing to be ahead of the due date on my fee.

Popped into Value Village-another 50% off clothing/shoes/accessories/bed&bath event will occur on Monday March 5. Think club members will see a weekend e-mail if a preview sale for them is on Sunday. No clothing finds but I did see things in Bed & Bath I'd like (nominal value but practical). Am considering going to Burlington's Appleby store and Stoney Creek store on Monday to see if I can find my clothing wants on my list.

Since I did my errands while wearing boots, I overheated. My feet are so happy in walking shoes right now (insoles are slightly cushioned. Last night while I cleaned the exteriors of my boots, I noticed I had worn the heels of my boots' lining and there are exposed seams. No wonder my socks have been rapidly failing-too much friction.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Received a phone call today to let me know I won $250,000 and a Mercedes and all I have to do is pay S&H. Kept him on the phone for about 10 minutes just to waste his time as I was doing nothing at the time anyways. Less time for him to try and scam someone else.
    Oh, would it not be lovely to have a quarter of a million dollars just to spend and help the local economy! Hope you had priceless fun in your chat with the joker.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This is the onion beer bread recipe for anyone else keen to bake something with beer!

https://www.thespec.com/living-story...crowd-pleaser/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills on my lunch and bought grapes and cucumbers for DS's lunch the next few days. 4 peanut butter and pasta for food bank box. And a few other things.
    Went to Dollar Tree and spent $2.50 on a package of hamburger buns and a loaf of bread.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Oh, would it not be lovely to have a quarter of a million dollars just to spend and help the local economy! Hope you had priceless fun in your chat with the joker.
    It was fun...waiting for the next sales person to call.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to Walmart (spent 42 at Walmart )after 2.00 in coupons plus saved 1.75 checkout51 and 1.00 caddle this morning and winners got2 really nice bath bombs for me 4.00 and leggings to put away for Ashlyn 's birthday in the fall 3.00
    Just went for a walk with my neighbour 16 minutes ,a little windy .This is the nicest feb27 ever as my son is 33 today ,when he was younger under 10 yrs some years we were snowed in .
    Supper tonight peammeal bacon, scrambled eggs -easy peasy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    It was fun...waiting for the next sales person to call.
    By the time I get home, my usually happy baby is not in the mood for anything to disturb the shoulders she's claimed. Any salesperson is drowned out with increasingly louder cries until they give up. I don't know if I feel sorrier for the salesperson or me. Actually, probably me. At least they have a mute button.

Waiting for my last tax slip to show up in the mail today. I wish my bank made their T5s available online.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobeys had some items of interest on sale today-I went with the bison steaks offer as the ground beef options were only lean or extra lean (Walmart must have the lock on regular ground beef sold only in 2lb packs...sigh) and got 20AM. I had a 12bonus AM offer for buying the Coke minicans but the points did not show up for my mini Coke Life . Decided not to make too much of it-system knows what's what. Got an Air Mile point for going over $20. Decided I needed a hothouse cucumber, 3 Compliments canned beans (99 cents each if you buy 3), hemp seeds (on sale for $5.99-score for protein!), Nourish cereal (Sale $3.99 and I had my $1 off coupon!) and Casa di Mama Hawaiian za $3.99 (no chocolate Ristorante pizza, sadly). Happy Ciel but I sure burn through grocery money.

If you are driving on Hwy 403, avoid the EB lanes from Copetown Hwy 52 to the Linc exit. There's a transport truck in the ditch right by the Golf Links Rd bridge and the left lane is blocked.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    By the time I get home, my usually happy baby is not in the mood for anything to disturb the shoulders she's claimed. Any salesperson is drowned out with increasingly louder cries until they give up. I don't know if I feel sorrier for the salesperson or me. Actually, probably me. At least they have a mute button.

Waiting for my last tax slip to show up in the mail today. I wish my bank made their T5s available online.
    Glad you mentioned how you'd love the online option for slips!
    That reminds me, any parent or guardian with someone in college or university better badger their students to check for their T2202A slips in their school's electronic portal. Self-service means print fees!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information