User Tag List

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@SassyAshley I like to turn leftover rice into fried rice. Leftover rice is also a good addition to home made soup.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I made a large pasta salad.
    its a easy .. and use it up recipe that gets better as a day or 2 goes by.

1/2 veggies, 1/2 pasta ( use rotini...) add bottle of itialian dressing. salt and pepper.

veggies.. anything you have..
    I used carrots, celery, red onion, asparagus, leek, cauliflower, gr pepper and cucumbers.
    used up a bunch of little bits... I always use red onions...
    so easy.. so good.

used 80.00 in airmiles, and 1.50 ina coupon. earned 95 airmiles....
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH and I worked through DD's tax return today-it is the first time with her being a uni student so quite new for us. It was kind of heavy slogging, but in the end I found out that the $7700 she received in scholarships and grants is not taxable which is great. We are also able to use her tuition as a deduction on our taxes as her income is so low that she does not need it. Now we are slowly working through our taxes-DH is also a US citizen so he has to do two forms. I will be glad when they are all done and filed. I expect we will owe a bit but better than the govt owing us and having had the use of our money all year!!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Tweets77 and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yesterday went to Toronto to watch Sebastian,then drove my daughter back with us as Sebastian was staying overnight at his other grandparents (nice to have my daughter home for the evening ,we chatted).Then this morning hubby and I took my daughter, Sebastian ,my son/wife and baby cara and Ashlyn out for breakfast to celebrate my son,s upcoming birthday on Tuesday we went to symposium (it was really nice too)then after we popped over to my son's house for nice visit.
    I went to shoppers and got a few sat/sun specials I used up 20.00 in points so after coupons I got 33.70 worth of stuff for 8.10 my butter (no name was a good deal)on for 2.99 limit 4 but I had a personal offer after using it I paid 2.39 (mind you I had to email them 2 of my offers didn't go thru -I didn't mind thou)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Doing some laundry now because it was so great lol. Tomorrow is a fun work function. Ski day!! Lunch included! And I don't have to drive so I can be tired if I want lol

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Monday morning...a great day to try and get back to my morning routine...good start so far. Nice and sunny here today. Uneventful weekend for us other than a shop at Foodland.

We did three separate transactions. Spent $25.02 which was put on previously bought GC's deal. Used $54.63 in coupons, redeemed 225 in AM's, saved 60 AM's and earned 66 AM's. Also donated 4 bags of cat food to our local rescue center.

Have a fantastic Monday everyone!
    Last edited by macw1960; Mon, Feb 26th, 2018 at 09:29 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night I made sweet and sour meatballs with rice and tossed salad.
    Tonight will be home made fried rice witch chicken and broccoli stir fry.

This weekend was pretty busy.

Saturday morning birthday party in a cold school gym. Dh spent 3hrs using my van to help a friend move boxes across town, but she was t done packing when she asked him to come and help. When Dh got back I went shopping for my pants.

Sunday was a big 3hr outing to church related stuff. Fueled up the van and took it to an automated car wash. Our city put down too much salt and it really showed on my van. Fortunately I remembered that I had a one time use $5 discount card from the high school’s annual fundraiser.

A Daycare kid’s water bottle got tipped over in the bottom of my pantry and it spilled its entire contents. It was set on the bottom shelf to get it off our kitchen table. This resulted in me cleaning the bottom shelf and the floor storage in the pantry. Fortunately it didn’t get on the 1/2 bags of flour or the rice that does not have a canister. It still made for a lot of work to dry up the mess, etc.

Our twins have been doing well sitting on regular kitchen chairs, so I was happy to move one high chair out to the shed. I still have one high chair and a booster seat buckled to a regular kitchen chair for daycare kids.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Feb 26th, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to the bank to cash 20.05 caddle and 24.50 checkout51,44.55 was a nice addition to my spending ,went in the dollarama spent 13 something ,then over to fortinos spent 30.00 of my points so far this month I have saved 90.00 in using my p.c optium points at shoppers and no frills and fortinos-plus I got 4,800 today and 3,380 from shoppers yesterday so 8,180-i don't mind this program ,I realize its not the same as it was before as I don't get a lot of shoppers offers anymore but why bother always complaining I saved 90.00 off our monthly shopping bill this month .

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Instant Pot owners, please check your model numbers. I saw this item on Twitter about models that overheat or melt:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4047526/i...ating-melting/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saturday night, 4th pair of socks (the last of my August Sears purchases) went for the bin. Two more days left in February-I'm eyeing my Hot Sox in case one pair dashes to be pair #5.

Had that lovely hot chocolate on Saturday and bought two cookies. Scrambled the last two eggs in butter, had a bowl of buttered popcorn and felt great. Sunday am-cooked 1/2 of my remaining spaghetti. Did a can walk ($3.20) and bought a 50% off loaf of cracked wheat. Made toasted PB&J sandwiches and tea for lunch. Had buttered toast and jam for dinner. Feeling great to have sliced bread on hand. All the butter and eggs are now gone.

Managed to see the repeat broadcast of the closing ceremony of the Winter Games on Radio Canada and saw the K-pop performers. The DJ at the end of the show-what is he known for?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

February has moved like a fast curling stone on new ice! Hard to believe March is only three days' away (roar).
    March thread link: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/425224...a/#post6871030

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Received a phone call today to let me know I won $250,000 and a Mercedes and all I have to do is pay S&H. Kept him on the phone for about 10 minutes just to waste his time as I was doing nothing at the time anyways. Less time for him to try and scam someone else.
    Last edited by macw1960; Mon, Feb 26th, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

This is the second morning in a row that I have woken up at 5 AM and can't fall back asleep. The only bonus to that this morning is the dishwasher is now running before peak time as I forgot to turn it on last night before going to bed. Sure is quiet here as my kitties are sleeping too along with DH.

I made a huge batch of spaghetti sauce last so it needs to be put in jars and then into the freezer. I also have a sink load of dishes that need to be done. Now that I have had my morning tea I suppose I should go do them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

mornign all. today should be nice. I plan on going to the park with the kids. my new one is on a half day today. : )
    I need to go over to my parents tonight for a few min.

I may have someone interested in buying the dresser i put up for sale. it would be nice to get it sold.

not sure what supper is. I am sure I will get it figured out.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Beautiful day today for sure! I need to grab groceries on my lunch so at least I will enjoy it a bit.
    Checked on my mothers house this morning on my way to work and all is well. They return from Florida on Saturday and it is suppose to be a beautiful sunny day.
    Well I have a busy day at work today so I better get at it. Enjoy the sunshine

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information