User Tag List

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2246Likes

Thread: February 2018 Frugal Chatter (sweet deals sought)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to the mall to return 2 gap items ,while there got a hagger thin top for myself at the bay 66.00 markd down to 22.00 then I got additional 15% if I put it on my credit card as I had a coupon good til march so saved another 2.48 in total I paid 15.48 .Then donated 4 bags to value village and spend 15.36 I got 2 tops and a pair of joggers and 3 puzzles all with my 30% off donation cpn -yes I missed the 50% off from the last 3 days

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home on my lunch break and made a toasted BLT. Hit the spot! Cleaned the kitchen when I was done so it is spotless again! Geez it better be when I get home
    Cleaned out my purse and tossed a banana lol, a bunch of expired coupons, sorted the ones I may use and put all the change together in a Ziploc bag to use this weekend.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Someone delivered a used train table with accessories. Friend of our family. We spent 1.5hrs washing everything g and DJ repaired the table and sliding drawers. Kids had fun with it. It is 3’x4’ and is currently in our livingroom, which is the largest room in our home.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent yesterday morning at the Family Centre.
    We spent this morning visiting a lonely grandma in town. Our son was supposed to go to a free program at the public library at 5pm. I’m glad that I called several times over the last two days. They were very disorganized and it eventually resulted in the program being cancelled at the last minute. I’m glad I made those calls because I was able to avoid an unnecessary trip.

Our kids are invited to a birthday party tomorrow morning. I’m signed up for “yummy hummus” at the public library in the afternoon, as long as it is not cancelled too. I plan on going pants shopping for myself tomorrow. One second hand store in town has started a monthly 50% off sale on the last Saturday of each month. I’m hoping I’m lucky this time. I’ll tell you guys tomorrow if I find anything.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I decided I needed a bit of break from work, I have been working nights and weekends and looks like this will happen for about the next month to get all my projects done. But I just could not do it this morning so I decided I would not turn on the editing computer until after Noon today. I did turn on my other laptop as I wanted to check Facebook as I enjoyed a cup of tea.

This morning I decided to tackle a few household projects. Laundry is done, just needs to be folded and I have put some pillows in now to wash and may do the bedding, have not decided yet.

I also tackled our over flowing fridge. I chopped up the following to have ready for the up coming week:
    Cantaloupe
    Pineapple
    Cauliflower (still have 1 whole in the fridge)
    Broccoli (Still have 1 in the fridge whole)
    Strawberries (Still have one package in the fridge to chop later)
    Pork Loin (Again still have 1 in the fridge to be chopped up)

I have half of the pork loin I chopped up is marinated in a Mustard Balsamic Marinade we like. After it sit for a few hours I will break it up and freeze it for quick week night meals. Such a help when I do not have to worry about marinating the night before or in the morning as I can admit it, I always forgot.

Now I need to decide what I will do with the other half, thinking a Chinese Marinade. I may leave the second one for Mom to chop up as I did not get any chops out of the one I did, although I prefers chunks for some reason, I find them easier to cook.

Well better get back at it. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday and Thursday night, I roasted some pepper strips with oil. Friday-decided to cube, parboil and roast my bargain package of potatoes (they were lunch and dinner yesterday) with rosemary, salt and olive oil (that last bit-keep adding things to my grocery list). Sibling brought home Ruffles chips, so I had some of those too for munchies. Finished off my Napa cabbage leaves too-very happy that my produce has been consumed! Popped into Lowes to check out home safety items for bathrooms (Moen has a brochure of grab bars and other shower aids_I'm going to find prices for some of them as I only saw the suction mounted grab bar in stock but not the soap holders or hand shower holders nor tread strips/stars), flooring and other aisles, including the seed section! The garden centre is not yet open but maybe next week... my wish list is getting longer.

This morning, a rare chance to be home alone for about an hour-got a load of laundry and some hand laundry done, gave the living room a vacuum and swept the vinyl flooring in the kitchen/diningroom/hallway. Did not have breakfast but fully intend to redeem my McCafe card (found two stickers yesterday during my 80 cent can walk) for a hot chocolate later. A friend told me that the local Chinese buffet restaurant is closing next month. I'm not too surprised as about 4 new fast food places have opened up recently plus with the minimum wage hike, the owner and his family and staff are working daily even though the restaurant has published coupons for takeout orders. The local Cora's restaurant (same plaza as the buffet restaurant) had a fire yesterday.

Longos Ancaster has not received the new Experience magazine yet as that was the main reason I headed out in the light afternoon rain. Perhaps by mid-next week, the issues will be in the holders.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Popcorn is going to feature on my menu tonight as a way to use up butter. I have two eggs to scramble as well as they are about to expire.
    I'm highly anticipating the closing ceremony for the Winter Games as singer CL will perform. I assume her North American album will be released soon.
    Leafed through the February issue of Toronto Life and admire the fact that some couples still meet in real life and while taking transit.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

busy week. Went over this am to my parents and helped clean out 3 rooms due to basement flooding. I think we have a solid plan for it as well.

the suv is cranky.. it might need a infusion of cash.. or a replacement vehicle is on the horizon.

my cool thing of the week.. used amazon $ and bought a parachute for my DC kids. yep I did that.

today .. went and visited car dealerships.. hoping our cranky suv gets the message...
    then hit walmart.. got very few things.. but managed 1.00 in coupons, and 12.50 back from co51.
    breaded chicken sandwiches ( kfc style bu homemade ) for supper with perogies... and a side of Stella Artois.... as I said... its been a long week.

laundry is going...

KR gave me 15.00 , sb - 10.00 and Snap my eats 1.00 this week
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!! I made 1 trade on my french couponning group,I hope to make others to pass my french coupons.Waiting on the response of another trade here.Nothing to interessting in deals of meats in the upcoming week flyers,So I am debating purchased more ground fresh beef package when it is on sale to stock it up the freezer because we love tacos and hamburgers.....Wishing everyone a great evening and night.Ho and I got my Chapmans 4$ coupon this week very happy,I am waiting on my father and I 25$ giftcard and some coupons
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well the second Pork Lion did not get chopped up, I had decided I would do it and not leave for Mom but my back started to hurt so I decided it was time to stop. Although I didn't really stop just didn't stand still.

This afternoon I took out the garbage, there was quite a bit as we cleaned out our freezer yesterday and although not a lot of food was thrown out a lot of packaging was.

I did my bedding and remade my bed.

As well I decided to treat myself to a nice long hot shower since bath is still out of the question with my back, although I really am not much of a bath person unless in a hotel with a Jacuzzi tub.

I have really been working on being okay with using things around the house and not fearing having to buy more. Yesterday when we cleaned the freezer I was coming up with things I could make with items we found and was actually coming up with ideas to use what we had and I did not get that pit in my stomach. I am actually finding happiness in seeing our freezers become less full instead of panicking about re filling them.

As well I am trying to take advantaged of some of the gifts I have been given. I am not sure why but I am always hesitant to use gift packs or nicer items I would not normally by myself, instead of enjoying them I tend to stockpile them. I have started sorting through what I have and am looking forward to trying some of the items especially the creams once my open bottles have been used.

My cousin called me yesterday as there was an "issue" in his branch he needed my help with. A staff member is leaving and they now have a weekend they cannot cover as he is out of town and his assistant manager's sister is getting married so they need someone to work so I will work that weekend. It ended being a cute phone call as he was in his truck and had the family with him and the whole time his little girl was yelling at me once she realized it was me. When we were done our conversation and her Dad went to hang up she yelled at him because she had to say good bye to me and tell me she loved me, oh so sweet. Going to email him and see if the weekend I am working if I can stay at his place or if I need a hotel room, if I need a hotel I need to book now as I always have so many issues getting a room there.

Off to enjoy a cup of tea before bed. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made out pretty well at the second hand store.
    $11.75 oop for my clothes because it was 50% off day. The crazy thing is that the pants ranged in size from 10 to 16, but all of them fit me. Another reason to ignore the size while shopping.
    4x jeans
    1x dress pants

Our local Pharmasave had advertised a variety of items on clearance for 50% off, so I stopped by to look for hair clips. I bought a 2pk of Goody brand hair clips for $2.49.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 24th, 2018 at 10:24 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. my back is hurting from yesterday. back pain meds in.. and chilling for a bit. I need to get a few things done today . but it is so nice out. windows are open. might take the puppies for a good walk later.

I plan on hitting foodland for some sale items. and using airmiles.
    I am having my middle child clean the drive way.. and take out my plasma cars for the dc kids. I am hoping for nice weather this week. I need some sun on my face. I will clean up my second stroller and pop it on the for sale sites as well. j
    ust p
    osted a dresser for sale on fb. hope it goes fast. I priced it at 10.00 ... it should go fast.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sun, Feb 25th, 2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you back feels better Giseledta
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it does thank you.
    The costco Kirkland brand of back pain meds.. are amazing!!! and very reasonably priced. I like them better then robaxacet. and much cheaper!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I decided to follow the same format as yesterday and not think about my work in until after Noon today. I know I have a ton to get done and we are on a tight timeline but honestly I just felt like I was ready to crash. Next weekend this will not be an option as I have to do a mass upload/download which has not been tested so I will just have to work until it is done.

Also I must admit it was so wonderful to just cuddle into my nice clean sheets last night. Also think it was a good idea to do yesterday as I may not have done it today.

This morning I decided to do some more prep work:
    Creamy Almond Oatmeal is in the slow cooker right now, made a double batch to use up some of the Almond Milk I have in the fridge as I had 4 cartons and they take up a lot of room.

I pulled a small already cooked Beef Roast from the freezer which I am turning into a shepherds pie to use up some leftover mashed potatoes and some mushrooms that need to be used up.

I also pulled a package of Taco Meat which will use up the rest of the mushrooms and a part pepper we had in the fridge. I will turn these into Mini Taco Pies that just need to baked off.

Now I just need to find something to do with some leftover rice.

As well I packaged up Marinated Pork last night as it is only supposed to marinade for 4 to 6 hours but the Balsamic Mustard was to marinade 8 hours so I let that sit over night. I broke this up into dinner size portions and have frozen them for quick week night meals.

I am trying to do as much prep as I can to help with quick dinners so we are not tempted to order take out. Originally I was aiming to get down to once a week but right now we are averaging once every 2 weeks when we get paid which is great but I will admit with my schedule being as insane as it is right now the temptation is there. I have found having food pre prepped in the freezer is really helping to not give in and order take out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information