Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Might be good for a pie or layer cake!
    The big strawberries are quite sweet. Dh is allergic to strawberries, but it happy for me to keep them in the house for the rest of us.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did read through the March 19 issue of First for Women and plan on posting a couple of recipes on Saturday in our Food subforum. Have to get a muffin recipe from February issue up as it will interest the creative bakers (recipe is posted in the Cakes, Cookies thread in the Food section).

Since I don't watch the Dr. Oz show, I don't know about a nutritionist (Haylie Pomroy) who appeared on his show except what was written about her way of figuring out metabolism for her clients in determining a meal plan to help lose weight. The FFW magazine gave categories based on metabolism numbers under 6, or a number between 7-9, or a number above 10. I did the calculation and my number is 9.49. But there is no category in the article metabolism outcomes that fall between 9 and 10. There is a code to allow FFW readers one month's free access to her online community (send me a PM if you are interested).
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Mar 1st, 2018 at 01:18 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It is somewhat cold this morning. Plan on taking the kids outside after their nap. It is supposed to get up to -2, before the windchill. The kids and I mixed up healthier monster cookie squares, which are currently in the oven. I bought a 24pk of Pilsbury Valentines cookies on clearance for 99c, so the kids helped put them on a big cookie sheet. After the sweets are done baking, then I’ll put some boneless skinless chicken breasts in to bake, part of tonight’s supper. I have meetings that start at 6pm today.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A quotation I read in the magazine by Maya Angelou: "Be a rainbow in someone's cloud."

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My eyes seemed to be playing tricks while reading the paper flyers in the am:
    Fortinos shows the 46ml vanilla extract at $5.49 in the new flyer.
    Metro shows the same size bottle as $8.49 in their new flyer.
    YMMV or there's a deal!
    I had noticed that small bottle was over $7 in recent weeks-perhaps this year's vanilla crop
    is looking better than last year's?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had some running around to do at lunch. DS's highschool registration for Sept. was due today.
    Went to Food Basics for 2lb bag of Clementines and blueberries. Then RCSS for 2Lb Strawberries and a bottle of wine just to have on hand lol. All paid with change from my purse

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Congratulations Congratulations @johnb56789 on your marks and noticing that lovely parking freebie! Say, doesn't Brock U have weekend dance recitals and such going on? Mohawk College usually has two to three months' of weekend dance rentals going on at the main Fennell campus and parking is precious (it has not been free on weekends for at least 2 years plus there is less parking with the different buildings added on campus). But the campus does have weekend bus service and the HSR does come onto the campus except for one southbound bus 35-College.
    I'm not sure about the dance recitals, but apparently the major lots (Zone 1/2) will be free (Easily over 2,000 spots) so there should be plenty of room available if I choose to drive to campus on a weekend

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well l went to Costco with daughter-in-law spent 83.29 but a bought a pizza pizza gift card 50.00 for 40.00 in with the stuff (as pizza pizza is around the corner and it is the only pizza hubby and I can eat next to frozen udi 's cheese pizza-so saving 10.00 is good in my eyes ,I also got a 3/4 length red stripped top $6.97 for me-I tried it on over my regular top oh and their blueberries are 4.99 for a super big tray I also split a box of swiss chalet chicken meat pies with my daughter-in-law we each got 6 each .
    Just walked to the mail box and got my ebates cheque $37.26 nice small chunck from all the black Friday xmas shopping I did online .I treated my daughter-in-law to hotdogs and a drink 3.15 for both of us cheapest lunch ever at Costco,supper tonight pasta

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Got 3 good deals today and I have 3 more wing wong coupons to pass this week as freezer is now full
    Maxi QC: 2X24 cans of Pepsi Diet @ 6,44$ minus 1200 pc points(personal offer ) on each case=5,24$ each
    IGA QC: Wong Wing chicken (2)@ 4,00$ -x1,00$x2 coupons=3,00$ each
    Wong Wing spring rolls(2) @4,00$-1,00$ x2 coupons =3,00$ each
    Goldfish crackers @1,99$ x3 minus 1,50$ coupons x3= 0,50$ each
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am waiting on making 2 trades with my coupons too.I did trades too fast for my coupons last time and I got better trades offers after so for coupons they have time before they expire I will take my time next time....Lessons learned the hard way grrrr
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I'm not sure about the dance recitals, but apparently the major lots (Zone 1/2) will be free (Easily over 2,000 spots) so there should be plenty of room available if I choose to drive to campus on a weekend
    CONGRATULATIONS Johnb56789 on getting TOP T..have wonderful Thursday evening
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    All mostly in February, but a LOT of great things happened!!

- Got back my midterm mark for my third year Ethics course. Was expecting maybe a 70% If I got really lucky, GOT A 91.5%!!!
    - Got back my midterm mark for a first year Management course. Was expecting a 0%, GOT A 85%!!! (No Noticable Grammar Mistakes)
    - Got back my midterm mark for another first year Management course. Was expecting a 70%, maybe a little better, GOT A 93.3%!!!
    - Looked at the Brock News and noticed that Brock is starting a FREE PARKING PILOT PROJECT!! Instead of paying almost $200 for parking in the Spring/Summer term, it will be FREE. And during the regular term (Sept-Apr), parking will be FREE after 6pm on Weekdays and FREE on Weekends (Saving me $10 any time I decide to go to campus, which will be frequent since the buses aren't great after 6pm and on weekend)

Things are really starting to look up a lot more than I was hoping, and also, I've done my finances for my final year (May 18 to Apr 19) and If I keep on track and OSAP is as expected, I will graduate with an almost $24,000 FUNDING OVERAGE (Meaning I can apply this amount back to my OSAP loans and graduate with under $7,000 in student debt!!!!!!!!)
    Congratulations Johnb56789 !! Keep up awesome work at school and it will all pay off in long run .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My ebates cheque came in for $18.99 will be depositing that tomorrow when I buy groceries. Have stopped drinking pop (Diet Coke) and have saved about $20 a month. Staying in as it is so much colder today. Still have no idea what to call my black kitten.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS Johnb56789 on getting TOP T..have wonderful Thursday evening
    Thank you! Don't even know what I did to get it, but great none the less
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes I just went over to shoppers to get 3 milk and a few other items 2 meds and it added up to 50.00 plus I got seniors discount so after I used the 10.00 promo shoppers card from 2 weeks ago and my 2.00 benydryl cpn I paid 43.14 and got the 10,000 p.c optium points seniors deal today total points 11,965 and I spent 43.14 so that made me happy
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information