User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

heard that the PC party set up a website where you can put your resume to get a job with the new ON government
    can't find the websie
    if anyone here sees it can you post a link?
    great if some SCs can get a job through connections on here
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had to laugh yesterday, I was at work when my cell phone rang and figured it was one of our sales reps (since we got new phones with extension numbers if someone has a cell number they call that so they do not have to remember extension numbers), nope it was Mom who sounded very confused. When she went to go out yesterday she discovered someone had put a For Sale sign on our front lawn. Turns out it should have been on another unit but to be honest based on the unit it should have been on I have no idea how they choose ours.

Not much else going on, having trouble sleeping again which has me really tired. Not really found of seeing 3 am almost every day it makes for a really long day, by the time I get in from work I am pretty much ready for bed.

Mom did the grocery shopping yesterday, I thought there was a couple things I needed to pick up at No Frills either tonight or tomorrow but turn outs she got them for the same price at either Freshco or Food Basics. Yippee no grocery shopping for me. Although depending what time my meeting ends tomorrow we might go Costco shopping. I follow a group on Costco which posts all of the unadvertised sales and looks like there are a few unadvertised sales on items i wouldn't mind stocking up on.

For anyone who shops at Costco have you noticed lately that more and more is moving to Kirkland Brand? Not a bad thing at all as so far any items I have bought have been the same quality if not better and some at a better price. Just reminds me of shopping at Costco US.

Hope everyone has a great day, time to get back at it being 2 people means 2 times the fun.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Did some budget clean up this morning since payday is this week. Bank account is at 0. All money transferred out. Ready for payday.
    Taking the afternoon off to visit a friend and be available to pick up DS from a school function when needed.
    We have sports tonight but now I will have time to make a nice dinner.
    Really need to start using up what we have in freezers as both are full.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow..first time I got a negative trade rating and it is by the olymel girl...not surprised by her.I mailed the may 16,not my fault if she claim she did not receive it…..very suspicious…..
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyway I wont let the trading affect me because everybody know that I am a good reliable trader.
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can relate to everyone posting about high dental bills. DD is getting her wisdom teeth out in a couple of weeks and despite having a dental plan at uni and our family plan we will be lucky if that covers half of the cost. Last Tues DD filled in her application for student loans/grants and she already received her letter yesterday which is pretty quick. She will receive some grant and also a loan-we plan to pay her loans when she graduates down the road. Her current job ends Friday and her next summer job in Ontario will start mid July. Meantime she can do some childcare with me to keep some income coming in! We have an apt rented for her near UBC for Sept 1 so we will take her out there end of August. We have 2 family weddings here over the summer so lots of company to visit with.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@lizzie bargain: Ouch at the wisdom teeth! My parents paid for removing all four of mine while they were self-employed. They should have waited until I was in university so it would cover something at least. They didn't know about university dental plans back then.

@Natalka: What can you use a dutch oven for?
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Tue, Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I should have extra time to cook lots of food tonight so there will be leftovers to eat over the next few days.

1st- Pulling cooked chicken out of the freezer. There are about 5 breasts that were cooked last week.
    Make perogies (we have tons from the deal I got awhile ago and both kids love them and we have sour cream to use up)
    Make asparagus (fresh bunch that needs to be used up)
    Make rice (so I can make chicken fried rice tomorrow night)
    Make salad (have romaine to use up and peppers/cucumbers etc)
    Make pasta (can make small cold pasta salad for DS)
    Boil eggs (for snacks)

There. I have a plan
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We took all 3 of our children to the ER last night, since we could not get in to see our new gp for another 2 weeks, which was not acceptable. We were there for 3.5hrs. Twin boy was having trouble breathing, requiring antibiotics, etc. The other two should be ok with fluids and Tylenol.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -glad the kids are okay ,yes that is a long wait with little ones ,but what can you do

-took daughter's clothing to once upon a child she got $23.80

then I bought 3 pieces of clothing for the grandkids
    all yellow ticketed was 60% off
    a onsie for cara 1.80
    a crème t-shirt for Sebastian 1.80
    and a new sweater for Ashlyn 1.20

then popped into marshalls as I need a purse didn't find one as I don't wish to pay 49-69.00 so I will keep looking
    did get a 3 pkg of mens socks reduced to 5.00 designed in London for son-in-law's fall birthday
    and a bath brush on a long handle reduced 5.00 -as hubby's back is still not 100% better and he asked for one

-returned 2 items to the bay $9.32 back on my credit card

then home I did try a lovely short sleeve tank at the bay -it was nice and long but the armholes gapped out -I will continue to look in thrift stores for me -but had to get back as hubby needed the car
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@sweet sparrow

I use my Dutch ovens for everything - stews, chili, casseroles of all types, soups, pot roast, etc. Mine aren't the heavy types either .one is a Cuisinart one is t-fal. I also have two other cheapie types.
    It's just good for when you want to cook meat a bit on the stove, then add rest of veggies and stuff then put in the oven.
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jun 12th, 2018 at 02:41 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I can relate to everyone posting about high dental bills. DD is getting her wisdom teeth out in a couple of weeks and despite having a dental plan at uni and our family plan we will be lucky if that covers half of the cost. Last Tues DD filled in her application for student loans/grants and she already received her letter yesterday which is pretty quick. She will receive some grant and also a loan-we plan to pay her loans when she graduates down the road. Her current job ends Friday and her next summer job in Ontario will start mid July. Meantime she can do some childcare with me to keep some income coming in! We have an apt rented for her near UBC for Sept 1 so we will take her out there end of August. We have 2 family weddings here over the summer so lots of company to visit with.
    Liquid Tylenol with codeine will help with the post-surgery pain (it kicks in about an hour or so after extraction)! I had that option as I don't swallow pills.
    I am not aware of any post-secondary student dental coverage that covers beyond basic extraction or a cleaning for a covered student. Has DD applied through the health program for First Nations residents to get some dental coverage? I read of a recent court case outcome concerning orthodontics that ended being settled.
    barbis9, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 Whew, you and DH have some nerves of steel to wait for ER care with three young kids. I do hope your new doctor will give you enough time to get acquainted on your first visit soon!

I noticed that Ontario is going to get warmer/hotter soon, so I plan to cook a package of pasta to make the salad dressing/veggie pasta salad that @Giseledta does. Will need to get a few $1 veggie bags and a bottle of dressing (Italian most likely or Mandarin Sesame). I'd like to consider stocking up on coconut water at Shoppers (2 1L tetras for $6 this week).

While I did enjoy the cane sugar soda, the taste was a little flat or something. Did not get the full happy brain happy taste experience.

Sibling obtained a new washer and it's due to arrive on Saturday (two weeks after the current one refused to spin).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

World Cup soccer action begins tomorrow. Oh, to be a Torontonian at a restaurant in the morning to have beer and breakfast and soccer on a big screen!
    macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    heard that the PC party set up a website where you can put your resume to get a job with the new ON government
    can't find the websie
    if anyone here sees it can you post a link?
    great if some SCs can get a job through connections on here
    First that I have know of this job site! Nothing via LinkedIn or Indeed. Hmm...since this is the PC party, how about a throwback to 2014 when then PC leader promised to cut 100000 public sector jobs?

No mention of the site in the victory speech article: http://business.financialpost.com/bu...tarios-economy

The Ontario Government website is still showing jobs via gojobs.gov.on.ca if you want to see current opportunities.
    barbis9, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information