User Tag List

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1900Likes

Thread: July 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (2nd half of 2018 and summer!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    thanks barbis9-yes I was gonna go to a local pool last night when it was a free swim but my daughter-in-law had her avon lady come between 7 & 8(as she doesn't deliver to their city)and I offered -I may get a seniors swim pass for the exercise class 7.80 a month 55 and up -but I am not a swimmer and I would like it done in the smaller part of the pool we will see -but we also have a smaller pool that's really heated and I find some adults just stand along the sides of it as it would be wonderfull for arthris
    I go to the YMCA and wear a flotation belt in the shallow end (as I don't swim). I avoid aqua fit as it's too much jumping, and the music gives me a headache 🤕.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I have a dentist appointment tomorrow I don’t want to go I have rescheduling it for months. They just want my money they don’t actually care about me or my teeth. They give me the same song and dance every time I go about brushing/flossing. I mean I take care of my teeth but really I cannot help that the psych meds I am taking is deteriorating my teeth. so much so that they fall apart they always have cavities and I need at least 7 crowns but I don’t have $1000 per to shell out. I only make 1133.42$ a month on my provincial disability I pay about 538$ a month for rent on a bachelor suite. So really what do they think I am made of money? I only get 500$ a year for dental, one free cleaning a year. It’s like highway robbery for those of us who cannot afford the extras like crowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shop around as some dentists are cheaper and allow you to pay in instalments. I had a root canal tooth that wasn't crowned, it split in half and I lost the tooth (back molar) - I regret that I didn't crown it.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Back from Sunfest... I was a tad disapointed that there were no performers... noone on the main stage... I suspect if we had gone at night we could have seen something.. but the park was already very crowded. food wise.. we ate elsewhere. sadly... I think if there was some performers we could have watched we would ahve stayed longer...

I am hoping to go to a few more events.. maybe see some interesting and new stuff. this one was very... consumer driven... with lots, and lots of shopping options.. lots.. of shopping.. any hoo. thats not why I had wanted to go .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Giseledta is sun fest the event they do in Victoria park in London. Years ago they used to a folk fest and I loved it, went every year that I lived in the city.
    I turned off the AC last night and wow what a difference 24 hours makes. It's actually cool outside. But I am not complaining.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to No Frills this evening. $63.47oop, redeemed $10 in Points, $30 in coupons, $0.50 from Caddle, and earned 11,650 in Points. I intentionally went to the till with the supervisor, but I ended up having trouble. She had to enter her override code for each coupon beyond $9. She had me split the purchase into 3 transactions because she apparently gets into trouble with the owner when she approves too many coupons in a transaction. *sigh* I’m checking my receipts at home and I’m missing some points. I’ll submit a ticket through the app.
    8x $4.47 Tide - $3 wub2 + 200pts/$1 personal offer
    4x $6.97 Jane’s chicken - $4 coup + 1,200pts = $1.77 per box, each box had the $4 coupon on it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:52 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our twin boy is obsessed with dinosaurs. I just picked up this second hand talking educational dinosaur toy for $5.
    Name:  A01D521D-3EF1-43C2-BDBD-0F5DAACFCA04.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  182.4 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:42 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made a random phone call to an elderly lady whom I’ve volunteered with for several years. I usually call her about once a month. I was saddened to learn that her husband had passed away suddenly two weeks ago. His funeral was last Thursday. We had attended an even with them in May.

We spent time in our back yard this morning, with the garden hose and water table. The kids had some icecream on the deck. I pulled some mature weeds that were hiding in the back half of my pea patch, they’d been hiding in the dill. I’m grateful that our central air is doing a good job keeping up in this heat.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 7th, 2018 at 12:21 AM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

yes it was the one in Victoria park.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Giseledta is sun fest the event they do in Victoria park in London. Years ago they used to a folk fest and I loved it, went every year that I lived in the city.
    I turned off the AC last night and wow what a difference 24 hours makes. It's actually cool outside. But I am not complaining.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

well, youngest came home from work sick last night, so I canceled out plans for the evening with her.
    Beyond gardening and house work I am not sure

what my other plans are for the day.

I might do a movie with hubby later , in house , just so we can moniter said child.

I should go and cut my dads hair as well...
    might sit down ad sort coupons later today as well... just to get that done...
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseleta-I lived in London as a child for a bit _moved around a lot as father was a sargent in army (my older brother still lives there)I remember the western fair -it was always fun

well up at 6.30 started painting at 7.30 hubby and I his back is a tiny bit better but he wanted to paint the front eavestrough so I helped him we finished at 9.10 before the heat comes yesterday I painted a dolly and my basement window -got paint on my old t-shirt and it went thru to my newer bra -so ticked as I cant get it out (its a very nice bra from the bay so I cant scrub to much as its a t-shirt type bra rant for the day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH has gone away for a few days to visit his brother and sister in Illinois so DD and I will hold down the fort. She also has a friend coming for a few days from Vancouver. We also have a friends son staying with us while working at Stampede so a full house. I have opened all the windows and doors to cool down the house and am off to run some errands-I saw a good price on butter and pizza at SDM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    This week has been insane but I knew it would. I think I mentioned we are working on project we have done various times before but normally we are given a month to complete this time we were given under 2 weeks so it has been a serious rush to get everything done. As well we have had serious system issues which have taken up a lot of my time I should have spent working on this project trying to fix the system for people. Oh well what can you do.

We did our grocery shopping on Tuesday which was good except I had not realized that Mom had planned to go to Costco so that raised the costs a little more then I was expecting. Not an issue as we had budget set aside for it but a surprise as I was expecting a quick simple shopping trip. I am always quite amazed at some of the prices of Spices at Costco. We had this Italian Spice blend someone gave us that we have come to really enjoy, I went to buy it at the store and a normal size bottle is anywhere from $6 to $7 something in grocery stores (I got one on sale for $3 something a month or so ago) but I noticed at Costco the big bulk container is $8.99 so we know where I will be buying it going forward.

At Costco we got:
    Portabello Mushrooms (Not sure this is cheapest place but we make Bello Burgers and there are the best for this due to size)
    Buns (With this heat I see more Sandwiches in our future)
    Chips (To have as side dishes when too hot to cook)
    Brownie Mix (love the one they have, not the cheapest but oh so good)
    Dried Parsley
    Sugar
    Garbage Bags
    All and all was under $100 which made me happy.

Then to No Frills we went:
    Pineapple $1.97 plus 150 pts
    Mushrooms $3.97 plus 100 pts/$ spent
    PC Olives $3.97 plus 600 pts/ $3 spent
    Cucumber $0.97 plus 100 pts/ $ spent
    Oranges $0.97/lb
    Romane Lettuce $0.98/each
    Cherries $1.97/lb
    Cheese $3.97/bar

We did not need a lot just mainly produce and looks like this week will be the same. I am really enjoying having some lower grocery bills.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Shop around as some dentists are cheaper and allow you to pay in instalments. I had a root canal tooth that wasn't crowned, it split in half and I lost the tooth (back molar) - I regret that I didn't crown it.
    I have multiple teeth that need crowns but $1000per for like 5-7 teeth. That’s more then I can afford. I only make 1133.42$ a month on provincial disability and my rent is 546$ and I have debt payment once a month of 87$. I use 250$ for groceries, paper products and feminine hygiene products for a month I have to be very frugal and shop flyers with coupons. That leaves me with 239.47$ after bank fee. To spend on certain things like clothes, shoes, socks, underwear, shirts and maybe a take out meal. Then I am broke for the rest of the month in like 3-5days.

I don’t live a luxury life actually. I am grateful for my mother who pays for my cellphone bill and some times groceries when I run out if it’s a 5 week month.

Sometimes I even have to pay out of pocket for drugs not covered by MSP.

Before I was on disability I was making lots of money and could take care of my teeth and pay for crowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Decided not to grocery shop this weekend and use up what is in the freezer. My fridge is making loud noises so I have arranged for a service call on Monday, and I hope it's not going already as it's less than 5 years old. I wonder if it's because it's energy efficient and has a smaller compressor than my old fridge? Putting my clothes on the line to dry and catching up on my reading is the plan for today.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Another dental item suggestion for @greentires4me - I came across another health article (dry mouth was a symptom) in an older issue of First for Women: use a toothpaste without sodium lauryl sulfate, so that means the Tom's of Maine toothbaste or similar brands that don't contain it. Sometimes the brand goes on sale for under $5 but you have to watch the SDM/Loblaws/RCSS/Fortinos flyers. Or check if the item might be close to expiry and land in the clearance baskets at the natural foods dept.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information