User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1063Likes

Thread: August 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (summer fun and finds)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep a hot one coming our way -didn't sleep well last night -so just rested for an hour now
    -went to shoppers seniors this morning did well spent 61.oo got 10,000 p.c points -also daughter-in-law asked me to pick up zincofax for baby cara so came to 8.79 after seniors -I asked son to get me large honey nut cherrios at Costco 6.99 so I told daughter-in-law we are even (not really but I am not gonna ask for 2 something from them )works out great as I don't have a Costco membership

-hubby is not feeling well stomach bug -may be the weather yesterday nothing dried and I hung it too cloudy ,damp but today is better sunny warmer

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

First time to grow jalapeños ever. Did 2 plants in 1 pot. 8 jalapeños from 2 plants, (didn’t get a chance to take a photo of the first 4 jalapeño harvest).

First time to grow chillies ever, as well. Did 4 plants in 1 pot, (ended up over purchasing chillies with lack of pots).

Don’t know what to do with chillies and as to how spicy they are. Jalapeños got chopped up in the freezer for homemade pizza and nachos for DH. I can’t handle and eat spicy food because of my lupus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@JadeAngel
    The heat in chilies are always in the seeds and membranes.

On bright note of only thing going well today a package came in that I was waiting for off Amazon. Everything else was forever the GP took an 90mins to see me. Earlier, I went to retrieve my meds and was told they had the selection I was looking for a different medication but kept fighting about till they came over to tell me it wasn’t in stock and they were going to order it in then deliver it to my house. When I said I pick it up tomorrow they proceeded to give me the run around & I lost my cool. My nurse wasn’t in today and I got a phone call literally 1hour before my appointment time telling me she be in tomorrow & said point blank “this not grazing cow season and I am not a bale a hay being thrown off a back of a truck. I would like a 8:30am call when you get in call not an hour before call.”

Now I have to wait around all day to when either my mom or my pharmacy is going to deliver something.

Considering it’s 15min to 4pm and I didn’t exactly eat too much today because I was feeling sick with anxiety.

I am going to pull out some beans from the back garden to eat I figure I love me some fresh green string beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not sure in many of you are Metro shoppers but in Ontario the spend use 95 Air Miles get 50 bonus miles is on this weekend. It will kill my no spend challenge but it's too good to pass up. It's super close to home so not a stretch to take advantage of it.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am off today, I am so excited although I will admit all week due to our staffing shortages I was worried I would be asked to work. Even though it was my day off I was wide awake at 5 am, tried to go back to bed with no success.

Wednesday night we went grocery, it was supposed to be a small grocery ship with a few Price Matches. It ended up being a large grocery shop but we got some great deals and stocked on a few things we needed.
    3 x Yogurt $1/each
    3 x Astro Yogurt $1.88 + 200 pts/$
    4 x Zucchini $0.88/lb
    2 x Salad Dressing $1.88
    1 x Imperfect Mushrooms $3.98 + 100 pts/$
    5 x Banana $0.57/lb + 100 pts/$
    2 x Potatoes 10lbs $3 + 200 pts/$
    4 x Oranges $1/lb + 100 pts/$
    1 x Leaf Lettuce $0.88 + 150 pts
    4 x Lipton Soup Mix $1.00 = 400 pts/$2
    4 x Tea $2.00
    4 x Nachos $1.88
    2 x Salsa $1.88
    1 x Sausage Buns $2
    1 x Radish $0.68
    4 x Pears $1/lb
    1 x Pineapple $2
    Milk

Not sure on my plans for today yet, I am off, Mom is not so I have my house to myself. I can't decide if I want to get to work on the house or spend the day we relaxing, guess we will see what the day brings.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

You to @SassyAshley !

It’s 4am I pulled some chicken out of the freezer and put it onto a glass pie plate to let it defrost. I am going to make chicken burgers out of them. I am going to have to check laters if my red leaf lettuce is still good or else I’m buying another one.

I did just wanted to buy amazon gift card but I am going to food-bank see what I get. Hopefully something good! I still need to get bread crumbs and eggs for fried zucchini that’ll go well with the chicken burgers!

Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I contacted a guy who bought ripe garden tomatoes from me several times last week. I couldn’t keep up to the demand. Since we will be visiting family, I sold him my first beefsteak tomatoes of the year for $4. I have solda total of $50 in garden veggies so far this growing season. I just have our back yard garden, so I can’t keep up to the requests. I sometimes have to remind people that I am sellling the extras. I have 9 tomato plants this year. I still need to make tomato sauce for the freezer. I remondedvthe guy that I only have so much, but that I’ll contact him when I have extra for sale. I won’t post them for sale unless he passes. He said he’d get tomatoes from me every 6 days (his work schedule), if I have extra.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took our son with us to Sobeys tonight for the Blue Friday sale. I wasn’t surprised when we ended up forgetting to get a raincheck after having issues with some coupons. $5.14oop, redeemed $50 in Air Miles, $9.97 coupons, $3 coupons on day old buns (already on sale), earned 158AM, 25c Caddle rebate.
    3x $1.99 buns - $1 coupon = $0.99 6pk bag of kaiser buns
    4x 4/$10 Old Dutch chips + 50AM wub4 = $1.18 per bag after points
    $5.99 Highliner fish sticks + 15AM personal offer = $4.41 after points value
    2x $4.49 nectarines 2lbs + 40AM wub2 = $1.19/lb after points value
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Aug 3rd, 2018 at 10:29 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got a few things accomplished yesterday but not a lot, I was really lacking ambition and fighting the urge to work. I have to write 3 training plans and since I am covering Order Desk right now it has become a challenge so to focus and write my training plans so I have been fighting the urge all week to just do it after work. I have been successful and I think this week I might just have to walk away and get it done during work hours.

We bought new brand of quinoa and I am not impressed, I cooked some up yesterday to make quinoa salad and it came out mushy and has an odd texture I do not like. Will have Mom try today and see what she thinks.

I used my Instant Pot to cook Quinoa, Rice, Potatoes, Veggie Stir Fry & Beef Stroganoff yesterday. I am really trying to get more comfortable with how it works and see what it can and cannot do for future reference. I really enjoy the fact I can come home dump everything in set it and walk away. It gives me a chance to take a shower, tidy the kitchen and various other tasks without checking on stuff on the stove. I like to get as much done as I can as soon as I get home as I find once I sit down it is all over.

I think I am going to make Waffles for Breakfast as it is a little cooler this morning and there is a lovely breeze coming into our kitchen right now.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yesterday shopped at sobeys (larger order) got 91 airmiles plus a 10.00 gift card and fortinos for a few items -I found quite a few sobeys reg prices cheaper than fortinos which I thought was funny as most people think sobeys is so expensive -I got water 24`s 1.88ruffles chips 1.99,super huge jug of comlipments iced tea 2.99cereal was 1.00 cheaper ,watermelon was .99 lb peameal bacon lou`s was 3.99 expiring aug 10 but I am freezing it anyway-whole chicken was 1.99 a pound so they had a lot of sales for my needs 0h well I haven't shopped in 2 weeks so it cost a bit plus extras to take away

son asked us it we wanted to go to a man made lake (conservation) today with my daughter-in-law her parents ,the granddaughter`s -sure we will ,then when I get home I will pack my stuff (already packed hubby`s )

on sunday we leave for our 3 day vacation with our son his family ,our daughter her family -cant wait

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hello SCers and hello long weekend! As long as a cool breeze blows, I believe I'll make it through the weekend. Last night was rather stuffy in the house.

Yesterday morning, the laundry on the outdoor lines took a really long time to dry. Mom had me doing some grocery shopping in the afternoon, so my trusty cart was put in use and yes I bought Pepsi Throwback (Shoppers was sold out as they sold the pop at $3.99, I forgot that Fortinos had cases in the back for $4.99 but I paid $5.29 at Food Basics as it was my second stop after Shoppers). Food Basics had 50 cents off coupons (exp. Feb. 2019)for the 10 pk Bag to Earth bags and I needed a couple of packages. In the chip aisle, Tostitos were 2 for $5 and one bag had an Aug. 13 expiry coupon Buy 3 Get 1 Free so I used that coupon too to get three bags of chips and one salsa product. Forgot to buy the raisins and remembered when I was 10min away from home on my way back.
    Did another grocery trip a little later and stores were rather quiet (not as many shoppers).

I have several short green things growing in a pot that were supposed to be California poppies. I really hope I am not growing grasses and maybe one or two flower plants. I gave the seedlings some water after the sun had moved behind some trees but it was still hot in the afternoon shade. Did a little weeding as well in the front and back flowerbeds. They need about 20min more work, but I was not in the mood.

Delighted to have found a few $1.29 packages of fruit (apples, pears and two small tangerines plus a bunch of bananas) and citrus at Food Basics, I made sure to juice the small limes and three thick-walled lemons into one container to use with rice for flavouring or to drink with warm water or maybe in a salad (need radishes and carrots for the "slaw" recipe). Also, the fridge crisper binsare full of garden pickling cukes-Dad never seems to downsize how many cucumber plants or tomato plants he puts into the garden so this week is crunch time for space. I fear some of the basket of tomatoes will land into the green cart due to the heat in the house. Not sure why he did not give a neighbour a basket of the crop.

Thinking about this month, as much as I'd like to visit the CNE, my budget does not allow it. If I watch my spending, a trip to the movie theatre with popcorn for a new romance-comedy is much more attainable and I can walk unless I can convince Mom to bus to the theatre and watch the film with me.

I've had quite a lot of laundry washed yesterday and today needs to be a "some other activity" kind of day. That 40% chance of rain is drifting by in grey clouds and there's some dampness in the air too. The idea of draping myself over a chair with a book and a glass of something suits me.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Aug 4th, 2018 at 11:43 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Starbucks coffee packs coupons found in the LCBO Food & Drink magazine expire at the end of August for use in grocery stores.
    If you are chasing Tostitos deals, look for the B1G1 free peelie coupons on Doritos Blue Grilled Steak bags or other flavour bags (ends August 13).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a somewhat productive day so far. I scraped another area of the deck while I had our twins in the back yard with me. Dh and our son are re-carpeting the front steps to our house today. Dh has to go to the store twice today because he didn’t double check his supplies before going to the store the first time. One of our friends borrowed tools a long time ago and never returned them, so Dh had to replace those tools.

I have a second load load of laundry in the wash. I think I’ll do one more load of laundry, that way it’s caught up before we leave for the weekend. I prefer to pack when all the laundry is clean. I’ve continued to ad things to the list tonpack. Packing for a family of 5 is a bit of a process.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow just got in after a day at the beach -from 1.00 til 6.00 we had burgers,fruit salad ,chips and lots to drink , i bought a fruit tray -couldnt use my p.c points as system was down at fortinos (i told girl no worries)
    Ashlyn loved the splash pad the water was warm ,even I stood under a small bucket to cool off ,the baby like it too

then helped son wash cara in the sink as my daughter-in-law took her parents home with Ashlyn
    supper tonight tea and toast ,hubby coffee and toast we don't feel like eating

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Made chicken burgers today for lunch cooked the chicken breast in the oven. Then after they was cooked I put it on broil and melted the cheese. So it was marinated in oil and lemon pepper seasoning. Swiss cheese melted. Some soft Italian buns with freshly picked butter leaf lettuce from the garden. Chopped parsley in thrown into the mayo.

It’s hot hot hot outside one of my neighbors came back from doing both our bottles because yesterday she had said it was going to be easy. Well I had two big bags of bottles some counted and some some not I got $10 in change from her. Which is more then had before.

I have a chicken breast left over I am going to have to cook it up but I am seriously not hungry. I’ll think of something I fell asleep from 1-4:30pm. It’s like 5pm now.

I called someone at 12:45pm and they said they get them to call back I seriously don’t think so.

I am rich I have 16.45$ in my wallet and 3.40$ in my account = 18.85$ ooo aaa. I would of had more if I didn’t over spend at one of my favourite shops. Now to survive the long weekend!!

Live, Love, Laugh

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information