User Tag List

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1210Likes

Thread: September 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (fall fair time)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-thoughts and prayers for you during this time
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well hubby and I are having a low key weekend (no grandkids around) my son/family went to sauble beach with friends for 2 nights ,my daughter and her family took Sebastian to Toronto zoo

so I started a puzzle a frog with 2 smaller frogs on top -this puzzle may take a good month to do as all the pieces are same shape

supper tonight gonna get take out ribs for hubby ,and not sure but something a little cheaper for me maybe pita pit
    sneezing a lot and watery eyes with allergies -ragweed

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**hugs** and prayers for your family Giseledta
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just did more xmas shopping online at indigo -my daughter-in-law told me ashlyn's loves playing doctor so i bought her a doctors outfit for play and a lovely ontario mug for son-in-law 4.00 has some toronto image on other side of it -so excited to get everything on sale mind you my credit card will be around 200.00 this month but that s okay as I hate!!!! shopping in stores even xmas shopping I don't like the crowds plus I worked it so many years I am so not interested

we have one major mall that is a good one for our city "limeridge mall" and its always packed the past month I get that's its back to school but if you don't go around 10.00 when it opens you are driving looking for a spot the other mall I don't find has many stores I am interested in

so I will continue shopping online a lot of the time -I even did one order for one item and it ships to store free if you choose that option and indigo is 10 minutes away by car for me

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We didn't get anything major done yesterday but at the same time go quite a bit done. It was mostly just a bunch of little things we got done yesterday.

Originally the plan was to grocery shop today but other then some fresh produce I do not think we really need much this week. Mom said she had a list but almost everything on her list we have some in the fridge and will just need to replace once we use.

Tonight I am off to the local resort to Celebrate Oma's 90th Birthday. Opa has rented a private room and we will be ordering from a set menu, so not sure what is on the menu for tonight but we have eaten there many times for family events and work events and the food is always great.

Yesterday when I was not tidying up, I admit I was working. I cannot take going into another week being behind. Good news is in a couple weeks everything should turn back around as we have someone new starting on Order Desk which means I can just go back to being me and can focus on my tasks.

Off to see what I can get done before I have to get ready for dinner tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Gisledta my thoughts are with you and your family. I am sure your child at school knows this but on Tuesday nights the college buses the kids to RCSS and RCSS offers 10% off to students on Tuesdays. Lots of kids will use the trip to pop over to Walmart too. If you have any questions about Oakville let me know. I have lived here for 25 years.
    I crazily went to Costco this morning. I have not been in 6 weeks and had a return so bit the bullet. The return desk was super quick but the store was jammed packed. Thankfully they moved the people through fast and now that's done for a while.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hi all.
    I am personally not a fan of all day Kindergarten. the class sizes do not have a cap. there fore there are often 35 - 40 kids per 1 teacher and 1 EA. at least at my local small town school.

ok. dropped off my child to collage. cried. .. cried alot... cried some more.... still not done. ....
    took them grocery shopping as no meal plan. cried in the store... as they made really great food choices.

also ...my dads cancer is back ... for the 7th... 8th time. this time it is a tad agressive. he is in the hospital.. has been for a week and a half.. will be for at least another 2.....

September is going to be interesting
    @Giseledta

So much for you to go through; I will include you and your Dad in my prayers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a productive day so far. I have done two loads of laundry and washed up all the dishes. I went for a 20min bike ride by myself this morning. It’s not a great bike, but it works. I could quickly feel it in my hips, etc. I picked up one bottle, last night I picked up a can on our trip to the park.

I saw someone giving away a large diaper box full of cucumbers, so I picked them up. I have already distributed some to single moms, elderly, and underemployed people families. I also have one lady a lot of dill from my garden. She might drop off some home made pickles this week. Lunch was KD, roast ham from the freezer, free cucumbers and super cheap fresh carrots. Dh is applying a second coat to the floor boards on the deck.

I have an IPhone 6. I don’t know why I have recently been unable to post pictures from my phone directly onto SC, into my posts. I know the steps, but then it does not give me a submit button to upload the pictures. Any help?
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Sep 2nd, 2018 at 03:34 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I wrote out my Internet list and shopping list for the mall. Checked the coupon holder for any old coupons and paperclipped the various September coupons together.
    I also did visit 3 grocery stores for specials plus get food and supplies for parents using my cart. Given the humid weather forecast for the week, the long weekend will be smoother with some groceries and fruit in the house. My feet want tribute for all the walking-new shoes are working out but I know some toes need a bit of care. My slides are for home-wear only now. Very happy about that!

Mall today-rather busy for 11:30am but it seems half of the people are there to enjoy the air-conditioning. Not too busy in the stores except that it seems all stores only have one cashier around to run transactions through. Home Outfitters-had the hand towels but not the bath towel (seems the bigger towels are in Toronto or Oshawa) wanted. Made do with a Martha Stewart bath towel on sale (I wanted a new towel!) and then headed back to HBC to check their clearance deals and new fall clothes (saw a couple of dresses I'd like Mom to try on Senior's Day). Went to Shoppers-no almond coconut milk but found the Classico pasta sauce. Went to Marks (lots of clearance stuff) but nothing jacket-wise yet for winter. Visited two more Shoppers to find the desired nut milk tetras. If it was not for the wind and my water bottle, it would have been too muggy to walk the 40min back to the college (very pleasant on the lower floor but the humidity is marked on the upper level).

I wish I had a lounge chair set up at the computer so I could stretch out. I feel like a nap is coming on but closing time is approaching. Next Sunday, some libraries in Hamilton will be open from 1-5pm! Looking forward to their return to service.

Lucky you if you can do online shopping for clothing if you know your sizes. Reitmans has 30% off almost everything until tomorrow. Gee, wish I saw that yesterday so I could have looked at pants before I went for the towel at the mall. Have to be patient-there will be another sale.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Packing a lunch has worked out today. Felt hungry before 12pm despite a decent breakfast. Maybe the heat is getting to me? I usually don't like eating midday when it's hot outside.

Cooking pasta tonight to mix with the pizza sauce and some sliced veggies is my dinner plan. Tomorrow-pantry surprise after I have instant noodles for breakfast. Sewing anything and looking over my clothes to see what needs mending. There's a top requiring a button added to the placket (the spare button from the side seam is going to be used).

Completed the Ikea survey from last week's visit. Should I win $500 in gift cards, I know what storage item will be the first thing to buy-a tv bench (just have to figure out how to anchor it as it won't be right up against the wall due to the radiator projection at the baseboard).

Today's weather has worked out well, despite a couple of showers. And someone at home finally cut the rest of the grass yesterday-VICTORY! I was able to fill most of the gas tank but four attempts to get the thing to start failed.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today I picked up a amazon gift card and a free bag of whiskas @ shoppers drug mart. The cashier was dumb as a post and had to call a supervisor. I watched her void the item 14 times then telling me the computer was “broken”! Lol. I thought to myself it’s not broken but you are making people behind me angry. The supervisor finally came and voided it like just the same amount as the cashier finally I was like “look you are voiding something that you wanted voided to add it again to have the same result as the last several times before. I think you have it correct the first time. “ She was like “oh, I understand now and thanks!” I was like “no problem!”

I obtained 150pts so now I have 40$ worth of groceries/points.

I met up with a friend who gave me a amethyst tree.

From Ontario her sister made it for me so now the conditions I would write a letter to her stating my gratitudes for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I chilled and relaxed -something I ate gave me stomach cramps -maybe the carnation hot chocolate this morning so just rested

then over to sobeys for some luncheon meat ,some fresh bread was reduced by 2.00=I paid 1.79 plus scopped a rice krispie cereal saved 2.99,i decided for supper I bought one of their flatbread margerita pizza 5.99 and I made a cesar salad for me -boy the pizza was yummy

hubby ordered half a rack of ribs and fries from a local place
    may go have a bubble bath with my cheaper Calgon I got yesterday cherry bubblebath -lol
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Omg, went to RCSS today, what was I thinking. It was craaazzzzzy. But a nice moment when I went to the very busy deli, waited my turn only to have my son pass me the order done. He did it in a quiet moment and it's his pick anyway. Another customer caught my eye and I smiled and said the advantage of have a son in the deli, she smiled back and said he sliced her stuff absolutely perfect. It was I nice compliment because I don't think they get much feedback.
    Sorted my coupons which have been neglected and I could not find one I needed. Later found three in my coupon folder.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -even sobeys was nuts yesterday at 3.00 p.m when i went ,even thou its a bit more expensive they had a few sales on plus i didnt feel like driving far its 10 minutes away -i only spent 34.00 -had a 10.00 gift card from a month ago

2 loads done -another load in now of sheets

just made 9 hamburgers -I hate the frozen ones would rather make my own

couldn't fall asleep last night went to bed at midnight slept in til 8.00 a.m -so I did my frog puzzle

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    just did more xmas shopping online at indigo -my daughter-in-law told me ashlyn's loves playing doctor so i bought her a doctors outfit for play and a lovely ontario mug for son-in-law 4.00 has some toronto image on other side of it -so excited to get everything on sale mind you my credit card will be around 200.00 this month but that s okay as I hate!!!! shopping in stores even xmas shopping I don't like the crowds plus I worked it so many years I am so not interested

we have one major mall that is a good one for our city "limeridge mall" and its always packed the past month I get that's its back to school but if you don't go around 10.00 when it opens you are driving looking for a spot the other mall I don't find has many stores I am interested in

so I will continue shopping online a lot of the time -I even did one order for one item and it ships to store free if you choose that option and indigo is 10 minutes away by car for me
    @coupon girl - These are the mugs I got from my Indigo online shop. I do a RedditGift Hometown Exchange every year and look for items online at Indigo to send.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information