User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all we have a tiny bit of snow. if i worked today , i would say it was perfect for taking the kids out in.
    yesterdays frugals..
    hung 1 load of laundry, and use up a bunch of free laundry pods...

today.. i am popping a roast in the crockpot. .. 2 small ones actually... one for supper, and one for sandwiches. and just in case MIL2 stays for dinner. dont think she will. she was not invited for supper... but she tends to stay for food. we havent seen her in a year and a half. i am hoping for a nice visit. she is unaware of Middle childs legal name change... this could get interesting.
    also on track is general house cleaning, good vacume... kitcehn tidy. fold all the laundry. clean other half of my bedroom... i think my hubby is waiting for me to do it.
    i may list a few items on a buy and sell site. i just have horrible luck with it.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sun, Dec 30th, 2018 at 08:44 AM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I have seen two colours (jade green and light red) of the ceramic mug and strainer at the Upper James/Rymal Shoppers in Hamilton. Was thinking whether to get one but I really don't want the mug, just want the strainer!
    I bought 2 mugs in light red - one for me because of the strainer which I saw priced at $12.99 at the Bay and one for next years Christmas gift for a friend. The strainer looks like it will fit in my fav mug.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Angela273 I like hoopla because there is never a wait. I recently listened to a book called Nomadland. I found it really thought provoking and it certainly spurred me on my frugal journey. Our library also uses RB digital so I can get most of my favourite magazines for free. If you son has a card he can also get an account and there are some kid options. Another if your library uses it is called Libby. I get loads of e books and audio books. The limit is restrictive but this has a massive amount of kid content.
    thanks for the book recommendation Nomadland, I just reserved it online.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok... question...
    dryer balls... do they work.. thye dont.. pros and cons for anyone that has some...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta I personally have not tried them but we were discussing them during inventory at work. A girl I worked with tried the blue ones (they are some sort of soft plastic) she said they were absolute crap (her exact words) and did not work at all.

My Cousin's wife uses the wool ball ones and loves them now with that being said she uses the ones from Norwex which she sells (in full disclosure) but with that being said when we were discussing them she was not trying to sell them to me and had no idea I was curious about using them and still doesn't know I might buy a set (I have like 3 boxes of bounce dryer sheets I need to use up first).
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have heard they are loud.... thats a con for me personally.
    i heard the plastic ones are crap.
    the norwex ones... and wool ( i would buy off amazon.. since i have amazon gc from my clicking i do .... therefore making them free) i have heard work..
    static cling i simply dont have. we havent used fabric softener for 16 yrs.. youngest is allergic.. and i had static in my clothes for about 18 months after we stopped dryer sheet.. and since then... nadda..

thanks for your imput!!

adding.. i really love norwex stuff.. some of it is simply amazing. the window cloth... wow. !!!
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    Busy day here and I may have over done it a little bit as my back is starting to hurt a bit.

The last load of bedding is going around now, I will not make the beds until Mom is home to help. I told her yesterday I would do the bedding but only if she helped me make the beds when she got home as I was worried it would be too much on my back.

I also prepped for tomorrow night's dinner. The Mozzarella Sticks, Mexican Wontons & Asian Wontons are on the freezer. I have put the Mozzarella sticks in a baggy and will do the same with both types of Wontons shortly to not take up too much freezer space.

I was going to make some sort of dessert wonton but I see there is some puff pastry in the freezer so I think I will use that instead.

Tomorrow I just need to defrost the shrimp and bake everything off which makes me happy.

Trying to figure out dinner, we have so many leftovers in the fridge but not sure how to re purpose them to make something new. I texted Mom with the suggestion of a whatever leftover you want type of night but not response back yet. There is a ton of Pasta Bake but I have to be honest it was not my best, it came out dry, maybe I can add sauce and call that dinner.

Well I think it is time to sit with my feet up for a bit and see if it helps my back. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I use both types of dryers balls. The plastic are the Nellies brand and my dryer is in the basement so I don’t notice the noise. The wool ones are good too, and I find they really do cut down the drying time especially for a load of towels.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Giseledta, I have used the blue plastic balls in my dryer. After one use, they became cat toys.
    Last edited by wendymac; Sun, Dec 30th, 2018 at 04:21 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseleta-I use to use the blue plastic balls a few years back -way too loud didn't care for them

sent hubby to rexall for our pills -that was frugal as I would have spent on the winter clearance for sure

Made a lovely batch of homemade chicken soup this morning in my p,js-so soup and salad or soup and sandwich tonight for supper
    gotta go do laundry ,as I babysit at 6.15 a.m on Monday both girls ,so hubby will help me I only have them til, 1.00 p.m

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok... question...
    dryer balls... do they work.. thye dont.. pros and cons for anyone that has some...
    I have wool ones and find they do work and they are not noisy. I bought them online from well.ca a few years back.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I picked up some clearance candy to use for Easter. The kids still get an Easter basket and the 4 pack of kinder eggs were less than 2.00 at RCSS. Also made sure to use the last of my tea FPC. I can’t figure out how to screen share my spreadsheet but it’s all ready for 2019. 2018 was a savings of 4400.00. I count only what is redeemed not earned, so it was PCO, Triangle, Checkout 51, Caddie, coupons used, swagbucks (Amazon gift cards), Facebook sales and Platos closet and Air Miles. I find tracking it keeps me encouraged to see how far I can go.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sorted through my coupons. A lot are expiring and already in the recycling bin. I have some to use at WM today or tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took ds with me to WM tonight. I SCOPed 8 Crayola products. Their price tag total was $46.29, every item scanned higher and I got them all for free. I took pictures of each price tag with picture of the item and had to argue for 3 similar items. They each had their own pictures/price tags and different bar codes. I figure the scanned price plus taxes would have totaled about $70. Ds was excited. Some of the items will be used once our kids use up their current markers, etc. I put them in my closet. I plan on using some of them as birthday gifts for random parties the kids get invited to. I saw one employee come back with all the price tag signs. I also got some deals with coupons that expire tomorrow. I should also get $1.75 back from CO51.

$31 oop
    $4.75 CO51
    $10.37 coupons
    $70 SCOP Crayola products
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Dec 31st, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If anyone needs an annual Park's Canada Pass I just realized they are on sale online for 20% off until Dec 31. Mine expires tomorrow and I bought a new one today as we usually go to the nearby mountain parks several times per year. My DD, her boyfriend and his brother are coming for the first couple of weeks of May to visit and hike and I will also need it in April for a little road trip so bought it on sale. Today I helped DD sort and pack some stuff to take back to her apt on Tuesday. My brother and SIL are planning to drive out to visit her in a couple of weeks too, so we made a small pile of things that they can take for her in his SUV as we can't send much with her flying back. I am definitely tired as I also shovelled some snow, bought groceries, did laundry etc.

We are going to my brothers for NYE tomorrow evening-his 3 kids and 6 grandkids will be there so it will be a family style gathering with appetizers and we are taking the dessert. My DD is really looking forward to it as she has not met the last grandbaby(her 3 month old second cousin) yet. Long before midnight we will drop her off at her friends for a gathering of her girlfriends.

DD will again be working in Ontario this summer so DH and I are starting to plan a road trip in July to see her and catch up with friends and relatives. Right now gas is a bargain here at 89.9 litre but I am sure that will not last. Our house will be strangely quiet again once DD heads back to uni on Tuesday. Happy New Year to you all.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Dec 31st, 2018 at 01:08 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information