User Tag List

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The last couple of days have been pretty busy and tiring. Today I have only 2 things planned-quick trip to the grocery store as soon as it opens and attending the Nutcracker with my sister this evening( received the tickets in exchange for a 1/2 day babysitting). I also ran a load of laundry this morning so that is caught up. Otherwise just chilling! Tomorrow will be cleaning and Tuesday of course will be gifts, cooking and company. My frugal accomplishment yesterday was booking DD a flight home at the end of April-with a combination of a Westjet emailed $50 bonus and a seat sale I only paid $45 for a Vancouver to Calgary flight-cheaper and easier than me driving out to pick her up! Here is wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season-hopefully shared with family and friends.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I bought a whole beef tenderloin for 67.75$ it was 10$ per lb and 15,000pts on Friday from superstore.its sitting in my fridge I need space to butcher it up to create a nice roast. I am going to wrap it in bacon I think or maybe not. I am undecided I keep changing the day when I want to do dinner for my friends.

I also bought a box of 4 glasses for $5, 2x lactose free cheddar old for 4.75$ each, 1kg of garlic for $3, a carrot cake 30% of $5, fresh herbs: thyme and rosemary $2 each, 2x pillsbury crescents 97cents each, 10 for 10$: 2x 100 napkins, 3x baking soda, 2x tin foil, 3x 1L of coke, pie shells $2, chicken bites honey garlic $8, Asiago cheese shreds $5, 2.63L of gold peak tea $3, large tub of vegan becel $3, salad greens large clam shell $4.50 total of 176$.

I have 20lbs of potatoes in my house leftover from that potato day on Thursday that was a nightmare. The power kept flickering and the element kept turning off it was annoying. The day was a total write off.

Yesterday I went to shoppers and bought 4 Royale 12 packs of toilet paper, disposable cutlery, minion ornament, and gain dryer sheets...I spent 48.42$ and got 645pts.

Today I posted a collection of Canucks merchandise on a pay it forward FB group. I have no use for it.

I have 45$ burning a hole in my pocket and I woke up way to early I thought it was 7am apparently it was 6am. I am blind as a bat when I looked at my stove from my bed haha. Obviously my tired brain is dumb and forget that I should look at my phone with large text for time lol. I am near sighted got diagnosed in May 2018. Something that is hard for me to grasp. I had 20/20 vision all my life until 3 months before I was diagnosed.

I am grooving to music through sting ray app that’s playing through my iHome Bluetooth speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel I used to work in a hotel as a housekeeper we use for soap scum. a sponge with a green scrubby on top and sunlight dish soap. Then work from the top down from back of the tub shower if you have one to the faucet.

Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Ceil - soap scum... warm vinager 1 c .. add 4 or 5 squirts of blue dawn.. spray on .. ... leave for 2 min.. wipe off. i do that for stubborn soap stuff .. for reg cleaning... i just use it cold... works very well. oh and a angel food cake for my oldest...

ok. i have 4 cookies to back , and pies... as well as tourtiere. supper will be apps. oh, and i need to make homemade bailies
    i will be doing loads of laundry as well. and clicking my sb. if i can get 100 on sb today, i can cash out... . then .. i should be able to cash out with bonus at the beginning of the month... hmmm.
    i had been going over to my moms for a hour or so .. but i dont know if that is happening or not. she has a tv show marathon she will be watching anyways... so no biggie i will see how the day goes. ..

that is that for the day
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I dropped off an item I said I was going to do yesterday. Someone wants the Canucks items but they haven’t PM me yet.

I stopped into petsmart and bought a dog coat that was 40% off the ticket price.

I am little ticked off the staff is making lunch and they aren’t qualified to cook they suck at doing it. I really want to make lunch I am the one who is qualified not them. I am the one who is professionally trained.

Anyways I guess I could break down my tenderloin today if I ask staff. To use the kitchen because it has the space. Or roast my garlic...

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone, Happy Sunday!

I have been lurking again and enjoying reading about everyone's busyness in your wonderful lives, but I have not had much to contribute...

Have been frugal in some ways, but not in others - I think they have evened out.

Have a great day, and remember to make time for yourselves!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made two $100 transactions at Sobeys today. I had coupons tonearn 100 win $100 in a transaction. Going by memory, I used 1 raincheck, $3 coupon, earned 293AM, and bought lots on sale. My receipts both say about 40% in savings. Chicken thighs and beef roasts for the freezer. I paid for the purchases with the gift cards that I bought on promo.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 23rd, 2018 at 05:50 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Hi, everyone, Happy Sunday!

I have been lurking again and enjoying reading about everyone's busyness in your wonderful lives, but I have not had much to contribute...

Have been frugal in some ways, but not in others - I think they have evened out.

Have a great day, and remember to make time for yourselves!

i think that is the best part of frugal . the ability to not be frugal when it is needed or wanted.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I made two $100 transactions at Sobeys today. I had coupons tonearn 100 win $100 in a transaction. Going by memory, I used 1 raincheck, $3 coupon, earned 293AM, and bought lots on sale. My receipts both say about 40% in savings. Chicken thighs and beef roasts for the freezer. I paid for the purchases with the gift cards that I bought on promo.

that is excellent!!!!!!
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. 3 tourtieres are done. and 6 mini ones i sent over to my moms. we are having 1 with supper, and i froze 2 for later suppers.
    made cookies. still have gingerbread to do .. but the dough is done.
    and i made bailies.. sent 1 small bottle over to my moms... warned her not to drink it straight....lol.

kitcehn is mostly clean.. will finish off later. i am sore and tired. good sore. but still...
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

busy day today. I made my shortbread cookies, chocolate chip cookies, mars bar square(easy no bake) and a batch of magic cookie bar squares (will do another by Friday for my niece). Added a trip to RCSS & 6 loads of laundry and I am tired. I also was excited because I found the Knorr fall food box at RCSS for clearance at $5.00. The tea FPC alone is worth $7-9. I did buy 12 boxes over 3 days because my niece said it was all food she would use and she is still not getting a lot of hours at work. The other 8 I will pack up to send to a northern foodbank (this has been my Christmas project and I intend to keep doing it). I also earned 2000 PCO when I used a tea coupons today which made me laugh. If they had a longer date (expires next Monday) I would offer to send them to you ladies because I will never use all this tea but I will send them north in a future box. The mayo is going to my local food bank as its will freeze in transit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I butchered up the tenderloin I made one big long roast and the other went to stir fry meat. I cooked some up and made home made teriyaki sauce. I am yet to try it because my friend hasn’t come over yet...Made up Mr Noodles for the base of the stir fry. I am so tired I been up since 6am like I probably said at the beginning of this day post. It’s now 7:15pm I am wiped this is real first time I got to lounge on my bed. It’s the only place that I can comfortably stretch out being so tall and such.

Everyone sounded like they had great amazing days. Now to Christmas Eve...then bring on Christmas.

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

daughter came at 10.00 last night -just her as her hubby slept over at his parents house with Sebastian to give his mother /dad one on one time with Sebastian inreturn my daughter got a good nights sleep

then at 12.00 we watched Sebastian so they could go out to brunch with friends-took him over to school yard across the street and he played with large tires and I played hide and seek with him in our backyard

then I got him to have a nap in nana's bed with me from 2.30 til 3.30 ,my daughter told me not to bake a pie as this cold is still bothering me and she bought an apple from a local bakery made fresh today -it should be fine on boxing day when we go to Toronto that is when we are celebrating xmas with both my son and daughter and their families

I had a sister in-law say "oh no you are alone xmas day " that would never happen to me ,to us it doesn't matter when we celebrate xmas as long as we are all together -I can relax that day too ,just vegetate
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yesterday was very productive. Totally cleaned bedroom. (Closet and dresser clean out is next) Laundry was on the go all day. I have last load in washer now. All the wrapping done. Hit The LCBO. We have a dinner tonight to go to so no cooking . Going to store now for my mom and will drop at her house for her. Have a wonderful day everyone and Merry Christmas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information