User Tag List

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Yes, @flemeth that's what I thought but you mentioned "Chatham " -that's my home town.
    @avoncallingu the Walmart that I shop at does all the flyers in Ontario and the deal was at a Food4less in Chatham. So I get the opportunity to get some great deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i made a bunch of the kids favorites for lunch , so everyone ate well.. a nd we made it to th epark this am.

i have a crockpot of potato leek soup going. yummy. and sloppy joes for the others for supper.
    we have a storm coming in overnight... so .. fun times.
    i might make some bisquits . hmmm. yummy.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had to drive DS to his car on my lunch break. So decided it was nice and sunny out I should wash the car. All the ice and snow is off it now just in time for this next storm we are getting
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our No Frills Started doing this last year and yes checking out does taker longer, no matter how organized I am now, I hold up the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I was going to talk about this yesterday, but has anyone else that shops at RCSS noticed they have "changed" price matching? When I went the other day instead of just pressing the price adjustment button and the new price, the cashier had to go through a short series of menus (First one brought up 5 options, one of which was the price matching, then it went into another menu with stores listed in which the cashier had to select which store was being price matched)

All I can say is this, it will slow checkouts right down if it is being implemented across all stores. It already takes about 30 mins. to checkout when I shop with my friend, and the cashier having to select the store for EACH. INDIVIDUAL. PRICE MATCH would be extremely tedious (It had to be done for each item, even if is the same price match up to their limit of 4). I could see it adding at least another 10 mins to checkout for us!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, the weekend seemed to zip by! Found someone's cellphone and in taking the case off to clean it, saw a bank card (#3 of 2019). Took the phone and card to the bank today-hoping the manager can reach the owner. Screen's cracked-either phone got dropped during the icy weather or someone had lobbed it.

Did some shopping on Saturday and Sunday (used $4 off Emergen-C at Fortinos-many varieties are on sale for $10.99 this week) so groceries exist for the next few days. Decided to get a second CO2/photoelectric alarm. Noticed the unit from two years ago went up $10 in regular price. So the cash I had brought was not enough. Lowes has a buy 1 get 2nd one 50% off promotion in the current flyer. But I only needed one alarm. In speaking to an employee, I found out I could get 25% off one unit (if anyone else is needing a new smoke detector, the sale is on until Wednesday)-saving me a return trip today. I got a discount on the needed unit as the basement one's over 9 years old and sibling and I never got around to replacing it last year. Will activate the unit today (backing plate has to be clipped and turned then a test button tried) and mount it! I also scored something at Value Village-2 pr pack of tights for tall at $1.99. I was not letting that accessory remain on the rack!

Today's breakfast included heating a frozen Marie Callendar scalloped potatoes with cheese and ham dish. Very salty but it was more substantial than the two packets of regular Quaker instant oatmeal with apple/cinnamon I had earlier in the morning. Yes another rising before 5:30am and that meant laundry...

Around 1pm I started to droop again. Even a window ledge looks like an inviting but cold place to close eyes and forget I'm at the library. Could use a pot of hot tea or a very big chocolate bar right now.

Cash from can walks-yesterday, $2. Today, $1.10.

Dinner will involve cooked pasta in some form. Sibling got more pasta sauces and I have a second jar of basil pesto calling my name. A quick bread or loaf is also on the itinerary to go with tea. I anticipate another day of icy driveway tomorrow, so I may have to go without Internet. Actually, I'm probably not going to bother putting the garbage and recycling containers out for tomorrow.
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Our No Frills Started doing this last year and yes checking out does taker longer, no matter how organized I am now, I hold up the line.
    I've noticed strangely enough, only certain No Frills I have visited do have that system in place (From memory; La Rosa's Whitby, Summerhill's Ajax?), but the rest of the No Frills I visit don't (Newmarket Leslie, St.Catharines BOTH)
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well babysat today but first I asked hubby to watch cara for an hour while I went around the corner from my son's to freshco -I did price match a few items but still spent $91.49-and no meat except luncheon meat but I haven't been out since 2 weeks

supper is pasta

On Tuesday we are painting our basement stairs with leftover brown paint and then when dry putting this roll of gritty stipple on each step as I sure don't wish to ever fall again

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Coupon girl... i have that roll of gritty stuff... works great. i need to reapply every 5 ish years. so totally worth it personally.

oldest picked up 4 more oxyclean. i happy.
    braced for storm coming. and i am totally ok with that. my soup smells amazing.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I hurt myself...I have a soft tissue shoulder injury to my right arm. And there is almost a foot of snow outside. I am thinking of either making rice pilaf with sautéed onions and peppers. Or soup I haven’t yet decided. It’s 5:11pm already I had a 4hour sleep. Considering this morning I slept 6hours for being awake for 24hours then was awake for a couple hours went back to sleep for 4hours. I’m also in lots of pain and they gave me at the hospital hydromorphine to take home. Never had a soft tissue injury before to my dominant arm at all. First time is a charm right?

I have the best luck I swear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. @greentires4me hope you feel better soon . I know it seems as though you are having one thing after the next happen to u health wise. Hang in there
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

buses are cancelled... and most schools...
    i am down to 1 daycare child... i am wondering if she will be picked up.
    i am going to start working on some paperwork that needs to get done. hopefully get teh majority of that done today.
    2 of my kids are home. i might make pizza with them.. plan was chicken pot pie.. and pizza on the weekend.. but i might switch it around.

hubby is home.. his school is shut down as well.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Buses cancelled here too. And so many other places closed/cancelled. We have nothing here yet stormwise so it better hit hard with all the closures. Today is garbage day but I didn't bother putting it out since we didn't have much and I didn't want to worry about our bin blowing around in the storm if it comes before anyone gets home.

I took out a huge tray of chicken drumsticks (paid $3 and change for it. Reg price was like $30) The boys love them when done in the oven. I also took out a package of ground beef. Planning on making pasta sauce with that. I will clean out the house freezer tonight and see what else I can cook up.

I didn't go grocery shopping on the weekend so should go today to get some bananas, lettuce and see what else I find. Don't really need much so may as well just shop light and try and use up stuff. We have 4 dozen eggs and lots of bacon in freezer so that should be dinner one night this week for sure.

Have a safe day everyone~!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

It's a snow day here . Our snow is already accumulated . Will be I doors for most of the day reading and rest is in order
    Stay safe everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are getting the snow now. Roads are covered. I brought my lunch to work and have a 3 min drive home then will just stay put. I doubt I will go out at lunch but will see if I need some fresh air.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Starting here too. Not too bad yet, but Brock has cancelled morning/afternoon classes and is going to reassess at 3pm. I only have the 7-10pm class today, so we will see if that gets cancelled too. I've already had two other classes cancelled because of the Freezing Rain Storm last Wednesday that have to be made up later. Really don't want to have to make up three classes, but it will be what it is.

Still going to shop today no matter the weather, need a few things that are on great deals (Oasis Juice, Cereals, Oxi Clean, etc.)

EDIT; Evening classes were cancelled too. So now I have three different lectures that have to be made up at a later date
    Last edited by johnb56789; Tue, Feb 12th, 2019 at 06:16 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information