User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went out to gas up. Got Supreme plus for 97.9L since they were out of all lower grades.
    At Sportchek i got outdoor trail runners (with good grip) on sale for $60 reg $110. Used $50 prepaid Visa I was gifted at Christmas. So cheap shoes! I love hiking in forest and have wanted a good pair.
    I have a pedicure at 2 today. Looking forward to it
    When i come home i will get dinner in oven and continue on laundry. Will make lunches for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 4th, 2019 at 08:57 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We celebrated my son`s birthday by going to symposium for breakfast all 9 of us -we treated our kids and grandkids so not frugal for us but life is just that way,i enjoy us all getting together and this was a treat

hubby and daughter-in-law went to a walk in pharmacy after poor little cara has an eye infection and needed drops and my hubby has a foot fungus (he had called his doctor and they said march 19 ,which we feel is too long to wait )

Supper will be light tonight that's for sure maybe soup for me
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Mar 3rd, 2019 at 03:29 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On Friday I bought a small lot of clothes for ds from a lady on Facebook. She lives out of town so she delivered. $10 for about 10 pairs of elastic/drawstring pants, 4 shirts, and a pair of slippers. All of the pants fit ds except 1 pair. They were all excellent used condition and name brand. I was impressed! Great buy. Now I need to go through the pants in ds’ dresser and I can pack away any pants that were starting to get short on him.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I went out to gas up. Got Supreme plus for 97.9L since they were out of all lower grades.
    At Sportchek i got outdoor trail runners (with good grip) on sale for $60 reg $110. Used $50 prepaid Visa inwas gifted at Christmas. So cheap shoes! I love hiking in forest and have wanted a good pair.
    I have a pedicure at 2 today. Looking forward to it
    When i come home i will get dinner in oven and continue on laundry. Will make lunches for tomorrow.
    The price of regular gas in town is 104.9 at most places. On our trip this weekend we found a Shell gas station with 98.9/L gas - 5c/L gas coupon that I had from shopping at Sobeys. We fueled up at that location on the way there and on our return trip. My van is pretty good on gas, but this gas station is 4hrs away, so I’ll still need to fuel up sometime.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good deal Angela. I did the same when kids were young. My youngest now wears men sizes!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a duvet my friend gave me for DS. He has wanted one for awhile. I cant wait to make his bed and surprise him. The little things that please us
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Mar 4th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    We did not make it to Costco on Thursday as when I got home from work Mom had a headache almost bordering on a migraine. Also on Thursday I was out of the office for the afternoon at Leadership coaching so I really needed to stay in and try to get caught up on a few things. Plan B was to go to Costco today but we had to change that plan last night because Mom twisted her ankle in the snow last night. We do not have a plan C for going to Costco but we will come up with something as the week goes on.

I have been working really hard on not working from home on nights and weekends and I have been doing extremely well until this weekend. I have a lot on my plate right now and am starting to getting really stressed and am feeling some anxiety that I cannot handle everything. So last night well I was watching TV before bed I did some work and have been doing work today well I catch up on some of my TV shows. It is not ideal as I have been working so hard to cut back but mentally I cannot go into another week being behind, I think it is part of why I am not sleeping.

Yesterday before I started working, I cleaned the kitchen. I emptied the Dishwasher, re loaded the dishwasher, did the hand dishes and gave the counters a good scrub down. Today I have Laundry going as I work away.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**Update** Well you win some, you lose some.

Just got an email all of the work I have been doing has been in our test environment and normally I am the only who works in the test environment. Something has happened or is not working and they suggest it is resolved in the test environment but the issue is we have to make Test match Live company as of close of business on Feb 28th which means I will lose everything I did this weekend.

Oh well, they will email once the update is done and I will see how much I can get re done tonight.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela awesome deal -my dear daughter went thru some clothing I am storing in my spare room(her husbands brother gave them the clothing as their youngest boy is 7 , Sebastian just went home with a bunch of t-shirts and a few bathing suits and a few nylon zip up jackets -he wanted to wear the dinosaur t-shirt under his red plaid shirt today as he loves dinosaurs

I just read a new library book about money ,to see if I may learn something new ,nope I didn't but it said never underestimate the points programs ,and it talked about learning money management from your parents(which we instilled in our kids to always pay off credit card debt and save for that rainey day)

My daughter and her hubby have a spreadsheet and a budget as they are trying to save for another house in Toronto and move out of their one bedroom in about a year and a half to 2 years
    My daughter asked my son if he talked about money with his wife (as she wasn't here at clinic with my hubby and baby cara)he didn't I feel so bad for my dear son as dental bills have cropped up ,(they have some coverage)they are planning a cheaper trip with friends in may ,so my dear friends no matter what you teach your kids about money they may marry someone who was raised different

I know my daughter/ hubby make more than my son/wife combined but you know what it still matters what you do with it
    Oh well not my business to be on top of my grown son about money management

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a great shopping trip at Walmart earlier this evening. I SCOPed 20 items, mostly school and office supplies, but I also SCOPed some cauliflower. . They had an entire double sided display of school supplies with the wrong prices. I scanned with the app, took pictures, and SCOPed one of each. $119.86 was the difference between the scanned price and the price I paid. Two Crayola packages were $1.97 after SCOP. They were 50ct and 100ct markets and pencil crayons. I’m donating markers, pencil crayons, neon paints, gel pens, pencils, whiteout, highlighters, permanent markers, permanent marker pens, etc. I am donating most of it to ds’ school. We have student led conferences there next week. I plan on donating the school supplies along with some baking and a card to the staff. I pulled out my other SCOPed school supplies from my closet and sorted through it too. I still kept some things for gifts at kids birthday parties and checked my little box of extra supplies we keep for our house.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Mar 3rd, 2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Monday...
    i need another day in the weekend to finish up stuff. lol

ok... today... dr in evening, and prob shoppers after. Tacos for supper.

fold laundry at quiet time,

frugal wins for the weekend.. - menu planned, and dc craft planned for 2 weeks for both. new chairs for front porch at a huge savings.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    happy Monday...
    i need another day in the weekend to finish up stuff. lol

ok... today... dr in evening, and prob shoppers after. Tacos for supper.

fold laundry at quiet time,

frugal wins for the weekend.. - menu planned, and dc craft planned for 2 weeks for both. new chairs for front porch at a huge savings.
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday! Was disappointed when I realized it was Sunday and not Saturday still
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! A good start to the week. Majority of the laundry is done and put away. I have one basket in my room to put away tonight. The Kitchen is spotless and there is 4 large cooked chicken breasts in the fridge for dinner tonight and tomorrow night. Quesidias one night. Pasta with chicken etc the other. I have my lunch and my gym clothes at work today!

Have a great day everyone!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is trying to outwit the slightly gray sky and the battle continues! BTW, I'm not ready for Daylight Savings Time next weekend. I need another month.

Made a little personal progress in identifying some issues for myself when I took a 2h walk after yet another argument at home this weekend-one photo came to mind of a time when I was still a child yet not aware of tension between other adults outside of my home. Realized that I wanted that serenity to come back in some form in real life and for the passed relatives in the afterlife but one relative is not in the picture and it troubles me. Decided that this month, I'm letting anything surface to help pinpoint where areas of transformation have to develop from my bitterness conversion. Meanwhile, I am leaning on Coke this week to prop me up and when I'm done drinking it all (most of a 28 can case), I'll replace it so sibling and Mom have stock for the next memorial meal this month.

This morning, I looked over my Feb. store receipts and realized I did buy 2pr of tights, forgot about them these past three weeks and had left Value Village twice this past week thinking "I forgot to look for tights." True happiness when I realized I could bin my old pair and take a new pair out today. Going for any small victory I can reach! My mind is doing some blanking out probably as a recovery/deflection mode after some sustained activity trying to figure out things prior to Dad's passing and my brain needs some "space" literally.

Roasted some cauliflower, broccoli, green olives and carrots yesterday for pm eating as I was about to lose the broccoli and having had some produce tossouts of late, did not want to bin more food. And I noticed a couple of more pantry items in a grocery flyer are 30 cents higher. My intuition says we'll see more price hikes on April 1 and we won't be laughing. Meal planning and shopping has slipped somewhat at home and I'd like to have a few things prepared so anyone can pull out portions to eat when they feel like it. Each of us is still feeling around for some equilbrium but I am trying not to let dishes pile up and sometimes my timing of washing them is just before someone intends to come over. Bigger tidying up is going to be slow as I tried to determine if something could be done today and I got a fast no. Cannot remember when I last had only one trash container or bin at the curb since last fall. One week at a time.

Mom's aware we have to try to find some savings in the next few weeks as she gets some estate things settled and money is going out like water down a drain. I intend to be more attentive to reduced rack grocery finds and trying to rustle up some pantry surprise meals. Mom is receptive to tea offers and someone gave her a lovely tin of Earl Grey tea, so of course we had to have some with my banana loaf.

Got two personal care items on sale at Shoppers but completely forgot to turn in some diarrhea OTC stuff that was purchased for Dad and still has some months left. I just want it out of the house. Plan to pop into Burlington to see if one or both Value Village stores might have black skirts and cotton tank tops in grey.

Have an appt to see an oncologist this week. Not keen (it won't solve the situation) and have tried to reframe it like a coffee talk and that is easing my mind. Watched the documentary on Netflix for third time--looking for the possibilities I want and not fearing the possibilities I don't want. Repeat as needed.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Mar 4th, 2019 at 01:34 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -if you can last March with the Internet pals since they are paying you, see if you are ready to let them all go in April unless the money is essential to your budget and the carbon taxes kick in the rest of the provinces. You heal you and keep asking for what you need. Too much stress affects the environment in which your mind and body need to be in sync. You want that synchronicity and do keep going out when you can rally the energy to do so to just enjoy time outdoors and not be in a rush to get somewhere.

Nature and I get along with walks though I am saying to myself wait for April to do any gardening or planting. Usually I hustle to do more trimming and such at this time of year --a state of blah lurks now. There are branches getting a pruning when this latest windchill settles down again.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information