User Tag List

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Busy lunch hour today. Went to the bank to deposit the cash youngest DS had kicking around ($335 Geez I need to borrow from this kid!) and took US $ out for our trip. Had more in my US account then I was expecting which is nice.
    Then went to No Frills. Wanted to get some of the roasts on sale. (perfect for mid week crock pot roast beef!) Limit of 2... Oh well so grabbed 2 of the nicest/biggest ones I could find. Then found a bunker with BLSL chicken breast on for $1 LB- NO LIMIT! SO we are stocked up!!! I also grabbed another 15 cans of the gravy on. $10.05 for the 15, redeem $10 in PC pts receive 7500 pts back) I redeemed points for all of it today. Love stocking up the freezer for free.

Went home and put all the meat in the fridge and will deal with it when I get home. Then organize the upright freezer when I put it all in there.
    Holy crap what a deal on the chicken. I would have gone nuts as well. I don’t have a NoFrills close by but am taking the pup to my mom on Friday so I will see if her No Frills has the gravy because it’s a great food bank item. I will check out the beef as well, may as well make a list.
    wendymac, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning!!!! Yes TGIF 26 hours of school is enough for me this week altrough I will work in my book this week end and monday.TGIF!!!! I have to make next week dentist appointement because I have cavities that hurt and that suck,had a bit of a bug to the throat with the cooler temperature.Afternoon is off altrought I have tons of things to do on my to do list....grrr....I want to shop at laubainerie for more t-shirts online because they are on sale,go to public harvest,go to value village,go to vote,go to wm and get grocery this week end and then bake an apple crisp...will hit dollorama too for some missed things...Have a good day everyone!!!! I am tired of not receiving mail,i dont get the top box samples anymore althought I signed for..that suck....
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    My house is cleaned.
    We are leaving today for our long weekend .
    Have a great Thanksgiving weekend all
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Beautiful sunny day!

Tonight is date night- FREE! Show and hotel room! I totally need it! Youngest is sleeping at Grandma's

Leftovers in the fridge for youngest to eat after school. I get off early so will go pack and get him ready for the night and work in the morning. I will be back in time to pick him up after work and then we have hockey. A perfect Saturday in my eyes

The kitchen is clean but DS has to put away all the clean dishes after school.

Have a wonderful and safe long weekend everyone!
    wendymac, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Holy crap what a deal on the chicken. I would have gone nuts as well. I don’t have a NoFrills close by but am taking the pup to my mom on Friday so I will see if her No Frills has the gravy because it’s a great food bank item. I will check out the beef as well, may as well make a list.
    I am delivering a big bag of gravy to the in-laws and the rest for the food bank. I made a can of the beef last night to go with the fries for DS. He ate it and didn't say anything so he must have liked it. I dipped a fry in it and I did not like it at all. Will try the mushroom one and see if it is better.
    wendymac, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -Happy thanksgiving to everyone .I was grocery shopping at 9.00 a.m this morning to beat the rush I have spent $145.35 on groceries the last 3 days between sobeys ,no frills and fortinos ,mind you was out of certain condiments Bbq sauce mayonnaise,pickles ,ketchup and cheese for pasta plus I treated myself to a bunch of cut flowers carnations 6.00 at no frills thought it would look lovely on the table .

So we are having thanksgiving on Saturday as my daughter/her family will go to her father-in-laws (first holiday without her mother-in-law ) the 3 daughter-in-laws will help cook the meal .My son/family will be going out of town on sunday to his sister-in-laws for supper .I don't care what day we celebrate ,as I will have both my kids and their families here .
    Gotta make my stuffing today and cranberry sauce today ,get 2 things out of the way .

I did 2 loads of laundry today one was in dryer and the other hang on line .
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's the long weekend rush and I have to get to the second Salvation Army thrift store (Stoney Creek) as I visited the downtown store (brightly lit, packed with people). Found one tank top-$2; put $2 change into their coin box on the counter! Noticed some Novelti parkas on coat rack and navy wool-blend Sequence long women's coat (size 18) so Sears stuff is lurking! Be aware that some men's shirts are mixed in with women's long sleeve shirts/blouses-found 2 and one of them had the neck size on collar label, a giveaway it's menswear!

Had to visit Denningers nearby-got lovely gourd themed dinner napkins and two cookie packages. Store carries three varieties of Twinings holiday tea blends at $4.99 plus lots of Xmas treats already! BurdaStyle-2 German copies of Sept issue and 2 German copies of Oct issue @$15 each. May visit the Battlefield Square store to check or try another time-have to scoot and get back home soon. Why does the Bronte location of Denningers not share the Hamilton/Burlington flyer?

Visited Bed & Bath warehouse-found the last up-and-up unscented dryer sheets box-score $4.99! Method wood cleaning wipes $3.99 and 40pk HomeLine dinner napkins (made in Canada but distributed by NC companin) for $2.49! You will see $1 M&M Easter chocolate books-be aware the expiry dates were in Sept and early October of this year for this deal-in the food section opposite the bed & bath/drapery area.

Starsky's-now is doing the coin for a cart arrangement but I found a cart without a lock left on the walkway? No Polish version of Burda Style on the magazine rack. I would have had to queue in a line to exit store so I bought a spinach burek (small frozen one from local Gala Bakery $7.99) and a rainbow Fruitella $0.69-the candy will be lunch!

OK, time to scoot to my last store and head home! Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! Rain will show up soon!
    @cath007 my throat and nose have been acting like a slow-developing cold is coming into me. Very annoying as I want to be sniffle-free next week to avoid making a friend sick when we are doing tasks together. Drink tea! I am!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Oct 12th, 2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: corrected Method wipes price; it was higher than originally posted
    wendymac, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home on my lunch to finish up the laundry. Put lots away and folded the clean towels.
    Packed my overnight bag (remembered my swimsuit this time- Hot tub time for sure!!)
    Just cleaning off my desk here at work and leaving soon for the long weekend...wooohooooo!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Very long weekend for me as I was off today and do not go back to work until Wednesday. We are going to NYC this weekend with the boys. Fly out on Saturday. So I opted not to get groceries since we don’t need anything until Wednesday. Soon I will need to pack, not something I love doing.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Very long weekend for me as I was off today and do not go back to work until Wednesday. We are going to NYC this weekend with the boys. Fly out on Saturday. So I opted not to get groceries since we don’t need anything until Wednesday. Soon I will need to pack, not something I love doing.
    You will have fun in New York. I am in New York for the long weekend we drive down on Friday.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Thanksgiving long week end!!! Have fun and stay safe
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ground is cold and wet-lots of leaves on sidewalks, so I'm watching how quickly I am walking on them. No desire to discover skating! So many maple leaves are putting on a colour show as nights this week have been under 10C!

Last night, I voted at my advance poll, found $1's worth of containers to return today plus 2 McD's Monopoly pieces, a child's bus fare ticket, 23 cents and not much else. Today, discovered 2 more McD's pieces on a discarded coffee cup-aside from HBC gift card instant prices or larger value HBC cards, I am forwarding the food prizes and other properties to someone playing the game.

I noticed how hard it is to find the light aluminum tension rods for 24-32"-not even in thrift stores, as I checked my local Value Village. I may check Walmart's, Hart's and Bouclair websites. JYSK has ones 71cm+ with attached finials that are screwed on. I seek the rubber caps on the desired rod. Bed & Bath warehouse only carry the shower tension rods that are over 1" thick (white ones were seen).

My mother asked me to roast the turkey that she put out to thaw. I reminded her that she wanted to do it as she turned me down when I wanted to get the small cooked turkey meal via Longos last week.

Babylon5 fans-do you remember what the significance of the line "Hello, old friend" was in the show? Who used that line and why was it important in season 3? This morning, I was thinking about the line while washing my hair!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ozonol ointment quest-I checked Pharmasave and an independant pharmacy: both carried only Polysporin. Decided to try the Food Basics with pharmacy at Barton & Cent. Pkwy-found it! Two more tubes remain on shelves. Mom's thrilled with me!

I will see if my local Food Basics carries it but Mom says there will only be Polysporin. Will check Shoppers also.

If Smart Canucks do see the product in other major grocery stores or Burlington Longos, holler (post here) at me @Ciel !
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

everning all
    took my mom to the local fall fair. then shopping.

i hit fooodland. i finished offf a promo. i am working on airmiles big time.
    pantry is full i am astounded all the beef fit in my freezer.

tomorrow we are going to oakville to visit middle child . and supper out.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-i only buy ozonol also ,mind you i havent bought a tube in a year ,but i am allergic to something in polysproin .Iwill let you know when i go to buy my next tube where i get it .

We had a lovely turkey dinner ,turnip carrots buns ,etc all the fixings and pumpkin and apple pie -yummm.we are all tired now
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information