User Tag List

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have ashlyn now she slept over last night as she has a p.a day we painted ,played playdoh,played barbies and played with my 50 year old "chrissie doll" her hair grows (ashlyn loves it )

Mind you she got a little crappy and outspoken with me this morning ,but she sat in another room and came and said sorry to me .She has been a little acting out and i think it is because cara is getting older and speaking more or it could be the kids on the school bus or class kids -but she hugged me and was sad.

I will take her out to lunch at mcdonalds and maybe pop into Dollarama for sure as its by there.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A little late on commenting, it has been one of those weeks but more on that later.

I have to get back into the habit of cooking on weekends I find it helps so much and also helps us fill the freezer. I find a coupe hours spent on a weekend can really save the week. This weekend I will be making 3 different soups, I will put them in the fridge to be eaten in the early part of the week and then anything that is not eaten I will package and freeze for later meals.

Another thing I like to do is take a weekend and spend the weekend making freezer meals. What I do is Saturday is Prep day, I chop and prepare everything I need and then on Sunday I cook and have been known to have multiple things in the oven, both crock pots going, the instant pot going and stuff in the oven. When I do this almost everything is packaged to go in the freezer.

Especially going into winter things we keep in the freezer are:
    Lasagna
    Pasta Sauce
    Soups
    Chili

Actually I might do some research tonight and see if I can find anything to add to my cooking for this weekend from Pinterest. I am already thinking of making 3 different soups and a batch of Almond Milk Slow Cooker Oatmeal for Breakfasts.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well tonight, I've got a little treat for myself...

- Going to go see a movie at Cineplex, using my Scene points (They gave me a topup to 1250pts expiring on the 14th, so I will use those)
    - Gonna bring in a pop and some candy, but splurge on a popcorn at the movies, I know it's pricey, but I am allowing $10 for this night out total, so that will take up most of the budget!
    - A little meal at Mcdonald's beforehand using my winning Monopoly tokens (2 Cheeseburgers and 2 Medium Fries, I will see If I can add a patty to one of the burgers or something)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and Cie(QC):
    Diet Pepsi case of 24 cans x2@ 6,99$ plus 1200 pc points for each case
    Beef fondue package of 3 ±@11,99$ (that is the cost of 2 packs alone reg price) huh unfortunnatly the freezer is full now but otherwhise I would have been stocking....
    used 10 000 points 10$ to help lower the bill!!! Now I need to rebuilt my points for Christmas!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went to AW at foodcourt ....ordered a mushrooms mozarella burger with a trio was good no coupon... Happy Friday!!!!! TGIF!!!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a week. I was supposed to take my last trip out of town for year and what an adventure that was. When I left home everything was fine, a light dusting of snow but now real issue. When I got the valley there was 2 school buses, a transport truck and 2 SUV spun out on a hill. I got scared (I should mention, I do not have my winder tires on yet, fingers crossed for next week, as I am waiting on my turn) and pulled off onto a side road which was nothing but ice. I managed to get back on the main road and tried to find a new route but when I got to that route all I saw was hazard lights so I turned the other way and started back tracking. I was going to turn around and come home but I call the branch who told me they did not even get frost so I back tracked and tried another route and made it.

I was supposed to stay until Friday but on Thursday my anxiety got the better of me so I came home. They were calling for 20 to 30 cm of snow to fall over the next 48 hours. Originally I was going to extend my stay until Saturday to wait out the snow but then they started saying the snow would continue into Saturday. I started to spin and decided I needed to leave.

Yesterday I worked from home and got started on some of my year end tasks. I have a lot of things I have to do but first to gets sent to others to review so my plan is to have all of the reports out this week so I can start working on my year end tasks.

Not sure what is up but all of a sudden my tablet is acting up, I tried a factory reset which did not help and now I am annoyed, I just got it in March for my birthday.

Off to decide what today will bring. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well tonight, I've got a little treat for myself...

- Going to go see a movie at Cineplex, using my Scene points (They gave me a topup to 1250pts expiring on the 14th, so I will use those)
    - Gonna bring in a pop and some candy, but splurge on a popcorn at the movies, I know it's pricey, but I am allowing $10 for this night out total, so that will take up most of the budget!
    - A little meal at Mcdonald's beforehand using my winning Monopoly tokens (2 Cheeseburgers and 2 Medium Fries, I will see If I can add a patty to one of the burgers or something)
    Did you see one of the promos? Lots of points and a free 30 day movie from cineplex online with large pop, popcorn and candy. I had a $25 gift card and took advantage of the offer.

what movie did you see?
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I got razed yesterday for all my winter jackets/coats. I have the above 10 degree jacket, the between 5-10 degree windy jacket. The zero to 5 degree coat, -10 to zero coat and lastly the super cold parka. Can you tell I live near a lake in Canada? Lol.

Very sore today and have started an online pick up order @fortinos, problem is I don't know when I will feel better to drive to pick up. Unless I drive to the store and use a motorized cart. Hmmmm. I was surprised about the $3-$5 surcharge. Does that get waived when you join the PC insiders program?

I'm on the fence about joining the pc insiders program. I do have a 25,000 points promo if I join. Help anyone, is that a good promotion for joining?
    Last edited by barbis9; Sat, Nov 9th, 2019 at 09:08 AM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 I'm not using PC Optimum or the Fortinos grocery pickup but the PC Insiders website does indicate free grocery pickup as part of membership, provided you use the e-mail address associated with your PC Optimum program account. If you think you will use the grocery pickup service regularly, maybe the membership is worth at least 20 pickups (isn't PC Insider $99 per year?) over the fall/winter alone.
    25000 PC Optimum points sounds like a sweet incentive for signing up. But only you know how often you will use the service (free shipping on Joe Fresh and Shoppers orders too).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley You listened to your intuition on the weather/road conditions--that is always the best guide. Treat your intuition and self to something special this weekend as a reward.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA(QC):
    Plaisirs Gastronomiques chicken mushroom x2 pastry pie
    Pacific Salmon and Shrimps x2 pastry pie =18$ for the 4 (the deal is buy 4 and they are 4,50$ each) normally with a deal they sell like 5,99$ ++ so that is great...I would have bought 4 more if the date where better like december.... great for quick dinner
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Happened to find Aquaman DVD on the library shelf yesterday and checked it out to watch last night. Somewhat entertaining-the special effects were interesting and there was the same sound effect used for one action scene that was reminiscent of one from the Valerian movie for the same kind of scene. Oh, the return to sender ocean trash storyline was clever. Also watched All is True and I felt like Judith's (the second daughter) dialogue was very forward and modern for the time but some of her feelings about the family hit some very familiar areas for me. Beautiful setting (seemed to be autumn, so look for the marvellous tree canopies) for the story of the Shakespeares--it brought back all those plays we had studied in English classes through high school and some of the intrigues of them. Had no idea how hard family life was for the female Shakespeares; Mr. Shakespeare has a strong comeback for a fellow townsperson who thinks William does not know business. Just sword-sharp dialogue (almost can hear the sabers rattling).

Decided to repackage my textile/clothing donations into three grocery bags for easier removal from the shopping cart; donated the textiles this morning to the church holding the drive. Got my floor space back now as I started a large bag of items in late September. I ran two loads of washing this morning; one load was in the dryer for an extended session and left for someone else to take out.
    Afternoon plan is to get some frozen fruit, hemp seeds and a few other staples that have run out at home. Will roast one batch of potatoes (Greek Style) and one batch of root veggies with curry to have some yummy and quick food ready for the darker hours. I briefly considered doing some raking today and the gray-blue sky better come forth with more of that powder snow soon, as I don't want to rake anymore (only around walkways and the lateral pipe as I discover clumps).
    City sidewalks are slippery given the icing of frost or snow on fallen leaves--I'm being cautious and kicking to the side deep piles of leaves or fallen branches to reduce slip hazards. The City vacuum truck has cleared curb lanes but never seems to have a gadget to blow off the leaves from sidewalks. Might have to rake off a section on the local bridge as the fallen leaf mass is substantial and that section gets sunshine late in the morning so it's an ice rink earlier in the day.

There will lots of tea today in the afternoon. Feels like 2-3 mugs' worth at least, given the pressure drop and snow forecast. And I feel like having a cat to pet while gazing out the computer lab's windows right now.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Coupon notes-I checked my $1 off Bio-vert coupon-it's only valid on the laundry detergent or fabric softener until Dec. 31. Boo-I wanted it for dish detergent. Goodness Me only carries two laundry products (I checked the website yesterday). I don't visit Nature's Emporium in Burlington or know the other Ontario stores that carry Bio-vert. Am curious how effective Bio-vert's dishwashing liquid is, if any SCer has used it and liked it.

The 50 cents off coupon from Canada Dry's Real Thanksgiving site to use on Club Soda products will expire on Dec 3.

The Free Slow Cooker Barbacoa seasoning mix coupon for when you buy an Old El Paso kit or product expires at the end of November.

Last day today for Fabricland Ontario Region 1's coupons-$8 McCalls patterns (print from e-mail) or 10% off total purchase.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:39 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Wishing you a great week end!!!!
    Well deserved for me lol !!!!
    I was too tired to writhe yesterday and went to bed so early...
    Grrr my right feet is painfull as hell not normal even if I take tylenol and put voltarin...I have difficulty to walk...
    I will call walk in clinic tomorrow morning at 8 am or go to emergency hospital ..no choice
    I did go to iga for the pasty pie deal and for milk,renew my prescriptions and buy some more voltarin... so expensive ... went to breakfest at coco royal and read the papers journal de montreal and will need to find a article in la presse plus :the title is like how you react after a humanitary travel when you return to country..look very interessting since I did a humanitary travel in guatemala years ago..
    Not going anywhere with this pain for now..will just take a nap,relax,order some coupons and work in my books
    I need to find and make an apple crisp for my remaining apples before they are going bad (picked up in earlier october in orchard) I have 2 bags) mccintosh and honey crisp
    Maths is so difficult I block in my book...so many rules and logic...
    Yesterday with my foot pain I had no motivation but did make it to school but I brought my i pod touch...but so deceived not so many choice of music with the free 3 months applications and I have to use the wifi of the school with password and name..huh???
    I reserved my ''casier'' sorry for the french for the winter because we are not allowed to enter with coat and stuff in class
    I find surprisely that I work much better with music !!!!
    Went to best buy to ask the vendor why I cannot have some music and album in my library option he said because you got the free version they are less more things..so desapointed...
    When I am at home I use siri but at school in order vocal no so that limit the choice of music....
    Still no news to have my papers of life insurance altrought I know I am insured...so pissing

ok that it for me for now..have a great day all!!!!

oh and I almost forgot I saw something cool for our ''guignolee'' (donations during christmas time) at iga .They sell a bag of dry food for 10$ (the things most wanted-needed) so that is great for the people who want hassle free or save their time) brillant
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Nov 9th, 2019 at 10:39 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to add : I have 1 movie to record tonight (my life for yours (with cameron diaz) ) and I will go see midway and last christmas this week tuesday at movie theater tuesday it 50% off and then next week end the santas defile in my city ..should be a lot of fun!

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information