User Tag List

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just returned from Iguazu Falls which was beautiful. BIL is cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. off to get a bit of running around down.

then home .. housework. then taking supper to my mom.. then home....
    oy. going to be a interesting day. busy , but very productive

i a hoping that i will be able to really be productive.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

relaxing today as daughter/hubby and sebastian just left (I sent them on their way with a bag of fruit/nuts)plus about 20 pictures I got developed my they loved them .

Going to catch up on laundry ,we had a lovely visit at my son's last night a nice supper too -I brought home left over chicken .

I decided to add up what we are spending on groceries the past few months and yes it has risen $30 more a month in dec/jan ,so even more important to always look for sales and utilize points offers.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Finished all grocery shopping this morning. Hoofed it to Farm Boy, FreshCo, Food Basics, LCBO, and No Frills. Had a good points off on tomatoes at NF and cherry toms were on sale at $0.97 each. So 200 points per package. Making a good deal even cheaper.

Have spent more this month than normal but that is because of good deals and stocking up for the pantry. Still will end up under budget for the month for groceries, eating out, and alcohol. I must correct the last item next month!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

did a quick , unplanned run into no frills... got 40.00 totally worth it. i am extreamly happy with how my shopping went.
    used the 2 gift cards for a store i never go to . got undies, bra and a small carpet i am sure my dogs will play tug of war with .. but i can try.

we are home. and laundry is going. should be done today .. omg.
    then off to my moms for dinner.

youngest should be home after that.

i need to menu plan. i do better with a menu plan . last week... there was none..!!! omg
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to the hospital last night I was puking blood and spent 4-5hours waiting to see a doctor and not until it was 11pm at night did I get to see a doctor. I waited and waited but I bugged them and bugged them asking to see them. They took a urine and blood and did my blood sugar test. They said my potassium was low but that’s because I had puked. She ultimately said it was due to taking too many anti inflammatories. I don’t believe her and I am not sure that’s a cause I can live with I still feel not a hundred percent. I got home at 12am and crawled into bed. Took some tecta on top of my night time pills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I guess not a bad day here, I did not get much cleaning done.

I woke up early this morning and did the floors, I swept the dinning room floor, the kitchen floor and the hallway floor and then washed them all down. We really need a real broom, we only have a small hand broom so I ma bent over the whole time sweeping and it is really starting to hurt after 2 days of sweeping and scrubbing.

Also laundry is done, just need to fold the last load and put it away.

I also did some cooking today:
    I made a batch of slow cooker oatmeal, I love this oatmeal it is made with Almond Milk, Quinoa & Steel Cut Oats. I got 7 servings. It is super tasty and really filling which is good since most days I eat 2 breakfasts.
    I also made 13 Mexican Roll Ups for the Freezer (package said there 10 Tortillas, there were actually 13)
    As well I made a batch of Mushroom Barely soup for lunches this week, I made this soup a couple weeks ago it was okay but I made some tweaks based on our feedback.

Mom made a creamy mushroom pasta dish which was supposed to go in the fridge for lunches & dinners this week but we had it for dinner tonight. With that being said it was a really big batch so we have 3 containers in the fridge for the week to come.

We used up 2 big packages of mushrooms which were not going to last much longer as well the Tortillas needed to be used up and the Almond Milk needed to be used as well.

We have not done a real grocery shop in 2 weeks so this week we have to shop. I am really freaking out about money right now so this shop worries me. The longer this situation we stuck in lasts, it makes it harder and harder to find good days. Probably does not help but it looks like this situation is not going end in our favour even though we were lead to believe it would.

Might see if I can tackle something else before bed, we will see. Right now having a nice cup of apple tea. Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Jan 26th, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Did 3 loads of laundry today. We helped ds go through papers and crafts because he had way too many. Vacuumed most of the house. We took the kids sledding this afternoon for almost 2hrs. Ds will take a small sled to school with him tomorrow, so that he can go sledding again on their big school hill. I picked up a few things at Sobeys, redeemed 95AM to earn 25AM back, plus a 3AM personal offer. I found a dime in the parking lot.

Today’s menu was...
    Breakfast - ham and cheese omelette with toast
    Lunch - toasted bacon tomato and cheese sandwiches with sliced oranges
    Supper - whole wheat chicken veggie wraps
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 26th, 2020 at 09:24 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Another productive day of using up stuff. Made butternut squash soup and used a canned of coconut milk just past expiry. the house smelled yummy. I rarely make lasagna and have a half a box of noodles to use up and Flash Food had ricotta today for half price, best before Thursday so I am making lasagna roll ups on Tuesday. They look super easy and the leftovers will be great for lunch.
    Last load of laundry is just about ready for the dryer and then off to bed for me.
    Have a great Monday everyone.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy Monday all.
    i am hoping for a nice day

my plan is a nice stew today. and a some housework done.
    a good walk with my kids.

tonight, if all goes well. i want to work on the family room a bit.. and get some decluttering done. it needs a bit of love.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday! Nothing got done in the house this past weekend. Tomorrow night is laundry and cleaning.

Tonight dinner with the in laws since they are leaving tomorrow for 6 weeks on vacation.

I will go grab groceries on my lunch break today. Fresh stuff only and don't need any fruit other then bananas. Hitting No Frills and price matching since I have a points offer on Spend $30 get pts. I will redeem too so not spending any money out of pocket. There are tons of fruit boxes available on the Flashfood app but we still have lots left so I better pass. But I will keep my eye on the app for sure as I am so happy with it so far.

I need to dig out bathing suits. Mine is pretty much garbage (Chlorine from hot tubs and pools has destroyed it!) My friend gave me a box of bathing suits awhile ago since she was cleaning out her closet before she moved and she was a bit of a shopper before she had her twins.

Have a great day everyone!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing much frugal happening today except heading to SBux for a Venti coffee on points. Good value!

Enjoy the day all!
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Must admit to liking this January-this week is relatively mild compared to the usual almost -20C windchill that tends to stick around at this time of year in Southern Ontario.

A dusting of snow yesterday disappeared within a couple of hours due to light rain in the morning. Saw lots of cars at a townhouse condo open house while I was coming and going from grocery errands (produce, some pantry staples, the Palmolive dish detergent deal at Cdn Tire). I forgot to get fresh lemons-of the two purchased last Sunday, one was still yellow and juicy on Friday but the other one (had a different brand sticker) was green and moldy. I needed some lemon for the roasted potatoes and had to make do with one lemon and the zest. Yesterday I used up the last of the softening spuds and bought a new bag of white potatoes (10lb $3.99; Yukon Gold bag would have been $2 more). Grateful to have taken my shopping cart, as snow showers occurred on my trip home. Found 7 cans on my walk as well!

A small new T-fall potato masher has joined our kitchen tool drawer-this tool will be perfect for mashing veggies cooked in the 1L pot. Have to ask Mom if she'll let go of the old one (at least 30+ yr old).

I left some January expiry coupons at two stores-glad to have left them on the applicable products.

Shoppers still has an out of order sign on the photo kiosk (mild heartbreak for me...).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I went to the hospital last night I was puking blood and spent 4-5hours waiting to see a doctor and not until it was 11pm at night did I get to see a doctor. I waited and waited but I bugged them and bugged them asking to see them. They took a urine and blood and did my blood sugar test. They said my potassium was low but that’s because I had puked. She ultimately said it was due to taking too many anti inflammatories. I don’t believe her and I am not sure that’s a cause I can live with I still feel not a hundred percent. I got home at 12am and crawled into bed. Took some tecta on top of my night time pills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ask the pharmacist as they know which medications would cause that.
    Ciel, lilo0003, Granger and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went to Walmart on my lunch break to walk around (after looking at the flyers I realize not much grocery stuff popped out so decided to get bananas at Walmart)
    I bought bananas, a taco kit and pringles (for our trip south- to have in carry on if hungry) Paid with change that I save up in a jar for shops like this (use self checkout)
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information