User Tag List

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I admit to missing the Internet by being offline for three days. Am looking forward to the library being open on Fri. Jan.24 for Internet.

So, the main bathroom got its new yellow paint job over Thursday-Friday. Wet paint was not quite what was on the paint card but overnight, the dried paint was spot-on in colour! I managed to restore most fixtures except one towel bar as a wall bracket was not gripping the bar end even when the underside screw was fully tightened. Learned I needed two different size Robertson (square tip) screwdrivers so I made a point to photograph the screwdrivers in front of the impacted towel bars for future reference. On the weekend, I saw that the downstairs towel bar needed a Philips screwdriver (cross-tip) so that darn rod is finally unlikely to drop randomly in the next year. Ditto bathroom tissue holder (all the screws on the brackets were loose!). Pity that my local Shoppers' photo kiosk is in its second week of being out of service. I need one to copy images off of the camera memory card and make prints. Did a late grocery trip to Longos as we were out of dish detergent and some staples and I knew snow was on the way for the weekend.

Saturday, I was helping my friend with another organization session. Fun! Looking forward to our third time. I bought cider donuts and garlic on our store runs-the garlic mostly went into the soup (next line).

Made the Portuguese garlic soup yesterday(did not make the egg mayo part) and it sort of looks like fish stock (I did love how the garlic cloves mashed so readily; I want a smaller mesh strainer as well). Have to work on seasonings-put some soup away in freezer and have one container in the fridge. Last night, I had the mind to make another batch of warm lentil salad (while the others were watching tv)to have food for today, as Mom will be cooking today for Christmas foods to take her through the next three days. I'll cook something I like or my backup plan is to visit McDonalds and try those spicy chipotle fries and a McTaster sandwich.

Today, someone gave me a copy of the Hamilton business phone directory. I still have to find a Dundas residential directory for home use. The plan in the afternoon is to scurry and obtain the Dec. 29 bus schedules, pop into a store for puzzle quest and maybe visit Sobeys (if my AirMiles tally is 95 thanks to paint buy at Lowes during 2x points promo period).

The $1 off any Quaker oatmeal or Aunt Jemima product coupon expires on Jan.11!
    Hoping for a $1.99 or $1.88 Quaker sale starting Thursday! I would stock up a friend for sure at that price with coupon.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hoping for a $1.99 or $1.88 Quaker sale starting Thursday! I would stock up a friend for sure at that price with coupon.
    Quaker oatmeal on sale this week at Metro. Can you price match. There is also a Caddle offer. I may pick up more even though I used my coupon. Can’t beat 88 cents for Oatmeal. Although the money maker was nice too. DH has a Caddle account and we rarely use it. One of my 2020 goals is to pay attention to the rebate app offers and maximize them without buying for the sake of the rebate.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I brought in bins of clothes for both of our twins. Sorted and had them try a bunch of items on. They have been freshly washed and are ready to be put away tomorrow. I still need to pull some smaller clothes out of their dressers. I showed Dh and reminded him to help me remove any items from their wardrobes that are getting small on them, i.e. change their shirt and set the small one aside. I also washed a large princess blanket for twin girl because some of her favourite items were getting small. All of these items that I brought in from the shed cost me $10 in total.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Quaker oatmeal on sale this week at Metro. Can you price match. There is also a Caddle offer. I may pick up more even though I used my coupon. Can’t beat 88 cents for Oatmeal. Although the money maker was nice too. DH has a Caddle account and we rarely use it. One of my 2020 goals is to pay attention to the rebate app offers and maximize them without buying for the sake of the rebate.
    THanks! Pretty sure I can PM at Walmart. I will try tonight after I drop DS off at work.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! A clear day here today weather wise but told it will be a snowy day tomorrow. Glad I don't have to go far. DS has a hockey game tomorrow night at our arena which is nice and close for us.

My honey made coffee this morning and I took a cup to go along with some clementines for breakfast. I need to make my oatmeal tonight for the next few days (in mason jars).

Tonight I want to finish up the laundry. And prep a baking dish so it is ready for DS to pop in the oven when he gets home. I am out of potatoes so will have to make oven fries I think to go with it. (using up stuff on hand!) Will defrost chicken I think and add onions and carrots to the baking dish. Wraps are on for $1 at FB so I need to pick some up and then will plan fahitas and tacos for the boys since they love them. I have everything needed on hand to make both (onions, peppers, sour cream, steak, chicken etc)

The clementines I bought at NF the other day are really nice. Hope to get another case since we have all been enjoying them.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I kept trying to post yesterday but I kept getting called away from my desk and losing my post. Today seems to be another one of those days, I am getting a fair amount done but it is little stuff here and there and for various people so it doesn't look like a lot. Although I am having a bit of a rough day, today. Bad days seems so much worse when they are work days.

On Sunday Mom decided she was going to tackle the living room and try to clean up a bunch of her craft stuff. She got a good start on it but not sure what her plan is now. She wanted me to at the same time deal with my yarn but there was just no enough room in the living room for both of us to sort, as well she kept calling me over to help her so that is what I did.

Last night after work my plan was to tackle my yarn, for the most part I got it all sorted and I only have 2 bins right now (need to get more), but with that being said I only got 1 bin done. Last night got away from me a bit, I am not sure what happened but I kept feeling like I was losing time. I also took some time to get stuff ready for my breakfasts and lunches, since I eat both meals at work. I am trying to eat better in hopes that, that will also help me feel better. So I just got stuff together so it quick grab and go in the morning. I have portioned out yogurt with chia seeds, buttered the homemade buns so I can just grab and go. I also made a batch of Spreadables last night.

Tonight we need to go grocery shopping after work, I am kind of not looking forward to this. I do not really feel like I am up to being out in public, but we have to eat and it has to get done so. I was hoping being back at work would help and it does as long as I can sit in my office and work but I find right now everyone thinks something is wrong and I really do not want to talk about it so being here is a bit hard. I am trying to put on a smile and pretend everything is fine but apparently I am not doing a good job as I have been told I look upset and tired.

Oh well such is life. I wanted to write a to do list yesterday hoping that would help me but I kept getting pulled away so maybe today.

Alright well better get back to work. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    THanks! Pretty sure I can PM at Walmart. I will try tonight after I drop DS off at work.
    The current back page of the Fortinos flyer shows $1.99 Quaker oatmeal too (expires tomorrow).
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Where's the snow? Thought last night was the time so I did an evening can walk and found some to bring in $1.10 plus noticed a lonesome nickel on a curb. In the afternoon, I got out to the big box stores (took the bus!) and found a puzzle for Mom plus an agenda as Christmas gifts then ventured over to Sobeys to redeem my $10 in Air Miles against some groceries (thanks Sobeys for the bonus 4 AM on 2 Coke purchases) and earned a standard 1 AM for going over $20. Had $4 left to buy a needed personal care item and spent that. Mailed my donation cheque in the post and left some HST credit to cover upcoming bank fees. For that reason alone, I am managing life without a debit card for shopping in stores but I know I want that situation remedied by April.

Mom and I watched Always be my Maybe on Netflix and since she once visited San Francisco, she seemed to enjoy the scenery and some of the plot. Keanu Reeves did a fine job in his cameo role. I had Mom's gifts wrapped and on a table for her to open today.

Slow start to the day but when I did my usual early morning wake-up for a drink and some food, I had a Christmas card and gift cards to open. Swell beginning! Then I noticed the SC blog had a Shoppers coupon for today's 20% off Friends and Family event on most regular price merchandise (I put the link in the PC Optimum thread) -oh, I got to put the Shoppers gift card to use! There's also a Shoppers Photo promo on until Jan. 10 for standard prints-25% off--I'll use that later in the week.

Since Canada Post rates change on January 13, I printed off two copies of the rate changes-one for home and one for a friend.

Sifting through the business white pages of the Hamilton directory, some ghost stores still have listings 2-5 years after they closed shop. Not sure why Bell Canada did not update or remove the listings. Anyone with friends or family with insight on why business listings lurk even if they closed before August of a given year, please share here. I understood that businesses have to update by August in order to be published in the upcoming December directory (for Hamilton area books). Residences have until a day in September to do the same.

Ms. Sunshine has been beaming brightly from time to time today-delightful way to warm up a chilly day! Hope she stays with us until suppertime. Really enjoying the longer daytime minutes in January! May she shine brightly out in Newfoundland where up to 40cm snow fell recently. Ontario is supposed to get a winter storm by the weekend after Friday's snow melt by rain.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jan 7th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just cleaned out my coupon folder/bag. So nice to see what I have. Just have to add the coupons I found the other day that are in my purse at home. Cleaned out my current purse as well (all the loose change at the bottom) Will put all the nickels/dimes and quarters in my change jar. Loonies and toonies will change into bills and tuck away.
    Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Well i went to the clinic today as my doctor retired in July and i have to wait for a new doctor to become available.I've had a cold going on 2 weeks and doesn't want to get better dr put me on antibiotics being sick sucks

I got the best birthday news today from my oldest granddaughter, i'm going to be a great grandmother in July

Well I think i'll go have some soup and off to bed early tonight as I haven't been sleeping lately
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jan 7th, 2020 at 08:08 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jan 7th, 2020 at 08:08 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I pulled small clothes from our twin’s dressers today and packed it away in a box to sell.

Sobeys shopping trip. $11.82 for the 10% discount, $31.82 in coupons, 29AM earned, $76.78oop for the 51 items.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yesterday went to walmart to pick up pictures but also spent a bit a few good deals were
    egg nog expires in 2 days .30(hubby drank it already)
    homo milk 1 lite marked down to 1.83 I made homemade creamy potatoe soup yesterday for those cold days got 5 containers in freezer
    girls dress for Ashlyn 6.00 reduced to 3.00
    p'js for cara for next xmas 8.00 reduced 4.00
    scooped a pkg of bic razors 6.98=free
    quaker oatmeal p.m metro 1.88-1.00 cpn=.88
    Palmolive dish soap p.m no frills 1.88-buy 2 save 1.00=1.38 each thanks lilo much appreciated
    plus 4 tea towels plain coloured 7.99-50%xmas section=3.99 will use for gifts thruout the year 2 for one person 2 for another
    McGregor socks for hubby reduced 3.48 one xmas /pair one black pair

I may return a top alia brand I bought for myself as its catchy type material 13.97
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better You and Me and congratulations on the news that you will be a great grandmother
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information