User Tag List

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sorry guys. i have been sick all week.
    2 days off work. a trip to emerg, a trip to my family dr. meds. still feel ick . slowly getting to eat.. slowly
    plan for the weekend....

i am going to shopping tonight... spend 30 get 10 000 pts. so yea! then a super quick foodland trip. for a dz things..
    i may make some broc a nd cheddar soup, i really want soup.

and then hiding in my house... .. i am out of towels.. pjams. bedding needs to be done and if this coughing does not go ... then i need to call a excorsist.

monday i have jury selection. i am not happy. i hope i can bring my soup. i should check .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My daycare has been open 11hrs/day this week. One daycare girl is leaving my care at the end of January. Her mom is due with baby #2 in February. I am happy that I was able to arrange an interview with a new potential daycare this Sunday.

I haven’t been called to teach yet in 2020.

edit: A new daycare parent’s son started at my daycare in December. Today she was already mentioning possibly moving her son to part-time, which isn’t something that I offer and it’s definitely not in her daycare contract. *sigh* Just when I was thinking things might be evening out. That optimism was short lived.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jan 10th, 2020 at 04:59 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

son asked us if we could babysit the girls so he and wife could go out for supper ,it was suppose to be sat night but then he called me from work and asked if we could tonight as sat may be awfull driving -okay we said

So much fun bathing both girls in the tub and getting them ready for bed ,and playing with them .After that I feel asleep on son's couch at 8.30-lol

Watched a really good movie today "yesterday" I would rate it 9/10 as I was singing the beatle songs along with it -lol

Just ordered a few more pictures 20 from shoppers as its the last day for the sale .14 a print ,also managed to find 3 pictures with my son-in-law's mother and sebastian(he will like that I am sure )
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -pouring down here .I returned a top to Walmart yesterday "alia" as I had one similar in my closet plus I can get myself tops cheaper than 15.79 at thrift stores

I did buy a grey tote this morning with an inside zippered pocket at indigo reg 39.99 on for 15.50 but I used the 5.00 indigo points I had saved up=$12.49 .I don't have one for summer if I am taking cara places I may need a tote to throw items into or even myself if we go to a beach area

I am being really selective in what I spend money on this year,if I don't need it maybe not buy it .Ashlyn loved the cute fun fit purple dress I bought her $3.00 at Walmart it says "believe in magic" on the front ,as soon as I took it out of my bag she had it on ,plus my daughter-in-law pulled all the size 5 from her closet and she grew out of quite a few.

My son made us fries last night in an air fryer he got for xmas with a giftcard they received from the bay (expensive machine)$160, but the fries were so yummy
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jan 11th, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupon girl.. i gave my airfryer away.. i could never get anything but chicken nuggets and wings to work in it....loll

ok. up. laundry is going. 1 room is done. husband is snoring.
    i am working my todo list . slowly but getting it done.

choice right now is broc cheese or roasted leek and potato soup... hmmm.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Brunch is being made and we are going to eat in bed and watch a few episodes of Ozark. I have a stuffy nose and head. Not sure if we are going anywhere with the freezing rain warning.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had one kitty visit this morning and coupled it with a quick shop at Loblaws. 9 degrees in Toronto at 9 a.m., the rain started when I left my client's house and it was pouring when I got to Loblaws. Ended up getting some great deals at FlashFood inside Loblaws as well as some good deals at Loblaws itself. I had bought mushrooms and spinach yesterday and just threw together veggie lasagna in the crockpot. Not moving from my house for the rest of the day!

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh took our children to an indoor play centre so that I could do some serious cleaning. I vacuumed and washed the living room carpet and couch. It looks much better, but my wrist is really hurting.

My daycare interview just cancelled. They were supposed to interview tomorrow afternoon. When she scheduled the daycare interview she was so happy about it. Now she says she is going to wait until her son is 18 months old before she returns to work. She has been promised a spot at a large daycare when he is 18 months old. *sigh*
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -yesterday took a run to giant tiger ,even thou it was pouring it was mild at noonish
    First stop thrift store that doesnt charge tax -found a pair of pantyhose that were 1.00,may take back my pair I paid 5.97 for at Walmart

Then into giant tiger a few good deals I got
    lactencia crème .99 a small one bought 3
    3 pairs of ladies socks 2.00-they fit me but if the cuff part is too tight will have to give away
    a 4 pkg of ladies hanes underwear 7.00 -get looked in Walmart the other day 12.97
    (3) melamine thick frozen plates 3.00 each for the grandkids
    (1) melamine frozen bowl 3.00 (one bowl and plate is for Sebastian the other 2 plates are for Ashlyn and Cara will give to them on valentines day -yes I buy for my grandkids a small something on valentines day -lol
    dole cesar salad 3.97-gt online loaded offer 1.00 off=2.97
    kozy shack rice pudding 4.97 for 6-online loaded offer =2.99
    plus bought a cloth bin to organize my upstairs bathroom stuff(my curling iron and a few other items ) 7.00 walmarts were 10.00 each
    plus various other stuff

spent 50 something so pretty happy with my giant tiger deals

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yesterday my younger son decided to rearrange his room and he made great attempt to do it alone. But he is my messy kid so when I saw the state of his drawers, he has the ikea bed with the drawers underneath, I went into help. We sorted every and have a bag for good will, because he has grown 4 inches in the past year. Hopefully having less will help him stay on top of his laundry.
    He is so opposite his brother who keeps his room and car as neat as a pin. Every few months the older son can’t stand his brothers room and will go in and clean it up.
    Today my plan is SDM to take advantage of the 10000 PCO when you spend 30.00. DH has it as well and we need a few things so will bump up our points. It’s also a day of laundry as everyone stripped their beds yesterday. I am just waiting for our street to be salted before I head out.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

On the agenda today -clean the main upstairs vanity drawers and underneath ,plus start a puzzle 1,000 zoo animals

Hubby and I may take advantage of 2 can dine for 15.99 at swiss chalet
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i have laundry going. still.
    frustrated with oldest daughter. but i suspect that will be a ongoing thing untill she resolves a few things. however she needs to step up.

ok. on track for today.
    laundry. so much laundry. and work on my room.
    and fingers crossed... vacuming.. dare i say that vacuming. sigh
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've had such a productive weekend. Shredded several garbage bags of paper, bought a new tv and Roku and set it up, had a couple of great shopping days complete with large amounts of PC Optimum points, caddle reimbursements, coupons and sales. Laundry is next followed by watching the Raptors later.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS's hockey team had a good game today. Back home now warm in bed watching Netflix. I have a cold and cant stop sneezing or blowing my nose.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are having a relaxed day at home. While watching a movie and I did some more mending. 5 shirts and 1 pair of pants are fixed. A load of laundry is in the wash, the mended items included.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information