User Tag List

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped home on my lunch with the few things I grabbed at Giant Tiger (bread, chocolate milk and sour cream)
    Took a beef roast and BLSL chicken breasts out of the freezer. I will be cooking up tonight so thought I would give them a head start to thaw out.
    I stopped at SDM on my way back to work. $20.15 in points for me I noticed they were finally restocking the leadbetter burger patties. I like to get these sometimes so great to know they are still carrying them since they have been out for awhile.
    Can't wait to go home and start laundry! It is very mild out so I may load up my shopping bins and make a drop off to the donation box tonight (stuff from laundry room that I have been sorting thru)
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$1.99 for 10lb potatoes starting Thursday at RCSS Big breakfast with homemade homefries is in order this weekend!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went out at noon today ,took my daughter's clothing to once upon a child got $24.90 for her,then bought Ashlyn a pair of leggings for 2.00,red with sparkles nice for feb 14/20

Then went into talize and donated the clothing once upon a child didn't want got a 5.00 cpn when you spend 20.00.I noticed their prices are on the higher end 8.99- 9.99 for nicer tops ,so I decided value village is a better deal on 30% Tuesdays for me (was too tired to stop there )as I woke up at 4.20 today .

I did get my dear hubby a summer arrow button shirt for 7.99-50%=3.99 then home.

Supper tonight pasta & salads ,was able to transfer a bit to our savings today as we are eating out less .Mind you we are going to Toronto fri/sat and will treat Sebastian to supper out as its my daughter's anniversary today and they are going out of town one night ,out with friends the next night and they never get out as they don't have any family in Toronto to babysit .

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I received two parcels one amazon and one Toronto hemp package just a short time ago. The Amazon one has meowijuana in it cat nip for cats in bud shaped form. I got a cigar box and a tube of different varieties. Gave it to the person who had me order it for them. They wanted the box I said the tube was on the house.

A friend wants me to order them a watch battery remover. But they forgot to give me the money for it. So it’s not happening.

I’m so tired I just want to go back to sleep or maybe I over slept. From 12:30am to 1pm. I’m trying out my weighted blanket again I found it almost clostophobic last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@greentires4me I hope you are feeling better and your blanket treats you better!

Think of me when all the Ontario teachers are striking. Sacrificing our one income right now. We do not live extravagantly. We own both of our cars which are around 10 years old and bought second hand (so no car payments). We have a modest mortgage, about $200,000. We haven't vacationed out of province in over 5 years. My paycheck isn't covering all the bills right now. I am in the highest pay bracket, so I am not sure how the rest of the world gets on at times, when basically everything we own is secondhand or accepted graciously through generosity.

I say this because people think it isn't a sacrifice. It is and do believe in the cause as the class sizes are protected in our agreement. Hopefully hubby can pick up some extra work as we don't know how much the furnace is costing still...and our fridge went on the weekend. We bought a new scratch and dent. We are very happy with it. The LOC will flex a little again and we will pay it off, we always do.

Keep smiling.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    I want to go to SDM today to take advantage of the spent $30/10000 points. I know I will get milk for sure since I am out of milk and will see what else I can get have a few FPC from my smartscource sample box so will try to used those too
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I haven't been wearing my winter coat since before the weekend. I think I need to take it out of the car and warm it up so I can wear it now. BRRRRRR!

Happy with my kitchen clean up and laundry done last night. Cleaned 1 bathroom too. I also made 4 chicken breasts and a roast beef. So will make sides to go with it tonight. I see romaine and cucumbers are on at GT starting today so will stop there on my way home. I have a lonely pepper in the fridge that will add to it for a nice salad

DS had 3 friends over last night. They were up late and all sleeping this morning when I left. Enjoy their break before 2nd semester starts.

Have a great day everyone!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today will be a slower day. Off to bookstore as they called and my UK magazine is in. So need to pick that up. Then off to Metro to try to find the milk we like. The form factor is nowhere to be found! May do some cleaning today. Shall see how I feel after the travel is done

Cheerio all!
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am hopefully doing the spend 30 get 10 000 at sdm . i need cream . i will pick up a few items on my stock up list as well.

i was able to work for a bit on the family room as well last night. it feels like it is finally getting into the shape i want it to . still lots to do . but it is getting there.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am hopefully doing the spend 30 get 10 000 at sdm . i need cream . i will pick up a few items on my stock up list as well.

i was able to work for a bit on the family room as well last night. it feels like it is finally getting into the shape i want it to . still lots to do . but it is getting there.
    My Christmas tree is still up.....so you are doing great
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I ordered some pictures from shoppers today sale on .14 cents each had to order in 2 sets as my computer keeps freezing -I am almost caught up in pictures back to 2015 -spent 6.93 today but worth it .

I seen that shoppers offer for today but I think I may go on seniors day Thursday as I get 20% off and if I spend 50.00 get 10,000 points -as I need a few health and beauty items that never go on sale .

Talked to my daughter this morning ,she has to register Sebastian for junior kindergarden in feb -but in her area in Toronto there is a huge wait list for before and after programs(she put her name down ages ago too) ,so she is looking already into local moms.So stressfull for her ,I wish she lived in my city and I would help her out as I only watch cara one day a week now .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sent oldest to sdm with my card. Cream , milk, areoroot cookies, granola bars. 32.25 - 11, 450 pts.

sorted and organised 1 bookshelve in family room.... found 3.90 who says cleaning doesnt pay off.....lol.

supper is manicotti... freezer meal from a bit ago . it smells delish!
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I went to shoppers today. Bought 4 x royale paper towels at $5.99 and 1 at $6.99. Just squeaked over the $30 mark so I got my $10 in points and then did the Royale rebate. I had been wanting to do this for a while but didn't really need anything as I have a lot of toilet paper and paper towels. This deal today was too good to pass up! It will end up $14 for all 5 packs of towels.

Yesterday I went to Flash Food at Loblaws because they had Beyond Meat "ground beef". I love their veggie burgers and sausage patties so I thought I'd buy it. I made lasagna in the crock pot with it and some other ingredients that I had at home and it was so good! Today I saw that they had a box of mixed fruit for $5. It had 17 pieces of fruit, either pears or a variety of apples. I was craving fruit so it was perfect.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I decided to skip the SDM shop. It was past 7 when I got home and while it’s a great deal I just can’t go back out.
    Don't forget to push PCO your offers through for next week.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama cheers to January Christmas trees. Mine is down but your post makes me smile. Sometimes it is nice to say...it will happen, I'm not worried!

I am looking forward to the weekend. Nothing on the go so it will be nice to do a self-paced weekend! Hubby has some job perspectives, not sure when they will turn in income. This is church world and the hiring process is often slow.

I think we need to incorporate some family walks into our weeks with the milder weather. I hate going outside in the colder months, but always feel good after I do!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information