User Tag List

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree1321Likes

Thread: February 2020-Frugal Chatter

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just received my annual financial plan analysis for 2020 and beyond from my financial advisor... looks like I can stay retired! YAY!

Nice to know we are in a good position and only need minimal return on investments to live a good lifestyle!

Time to celebrate!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

HI-just got back from the dentist -he filled it with white filling but the tooth has a big filling so if it goes next time will need a crown.I am still frozen 12.40 p.m,so supper will be fish and French fries and green beans or broccoli.I f I don't feel like chewing then soup it is for me .

Stopped into Dollarama only spent $10.40,gift bags and a sympathy card plus a few other items .
    My mother's home care worker from years ago ,we have kept in touch she is my age 60 .I gave her my mom's sewing machine as I will never learn and I don't care too ,well her mom just passed away ,one day I will go and visit her and take her some flowers but in the meantime I will mail a sympathy card

Then popped into winners I figured I may as well as I was already going home from dentist and winners was on my wasy ,they have really cute godiva solid bunnies $3.99 so I bought the grandkids one each ,cheaper than buying a big kinder egg for 5.99 ,plus bought lovely rosewater scented hand soap 4.00 reduced ,may keep for myself or use in a gift basket as part of a gift .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight was chicken cesser salad. I also cooked up porkchops in the oven at the same time as the chicken. I made a pot of rice too. Will make chicken fried rice tomorrow for youngest DS.
    We have so much snow. Staying put. I wonder if DS will have another snowday tomorrow....i hope not!
    I unpacked but haven't started laundry yet. Maybe tomorrow if not then Saturday. I cleaned one washroom.
    I bought romaine, mushrooms and almonds today. My sister bought me a bunch of groceries for when we returned. She is wonderful.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it is so cold out. so freaking cold. brrrr.

not sure what tomorrow will bring.. but it is friday. so it will be a good day.

Catholic schools are closed next thursday. sigh. govt needs to get to the table.

might spend a bit of time working on some menu stuff.. i am really trying to avoid take out... planning is key.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sun is shining but it’s cold. Working at home today so I am enjoying my coffee before I drop the younger son to school. I need to plan out my weekend, there is always so much to do and I just don’t feel efficient with my time.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Another snow day here. Just looked at rhe list of closures in the area and it is long. I really dont have to go anywhere today but may go to the gym and a bit of shopping this afternoon just to get out.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    lists are sorta ready for tomorrow . mostly. lol. i am waiting on the final info from hubby. we need to purchase him a few specialized items for his office.
    i am doing a tiny bit of extra stock of stuff.... i will adjust future weeks budgets.

last month i ended 1àabout 17% under on the grocery budget so that is good.
    hydro is good and so is union gas. everything is going well budget wise.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseldta -my hydro was $16.00 cheaper than last month so that may my day

Man is it freezing out ,chills right thru to your bones .I was out the door at 7.45 a.m and went to sobeys because my food spending was down a bit so decided to stock up on cereal ,frozen fruit for smoothies 4.99 clementines ,plus some other sales .
    I spent $89.70 and got 182 airmiles .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stay Calm and Carry On!!

If you have investments, remember you do not lose anything until you sell! No proper, self-respecting advisor would have you sell at this time! So have a stiff drink and carpe diem!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to No Frills this morning-spent $30 in free points-I really enjoy getting free food. It is going up to 9 degrees today-yeah.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am going to venture out and mail a sympathy card to my dear friend( I feel that is a lost art) and I got a lovely card at Dollarama "on the loss of your dear mother" 1.00.

Other than that supper tonight pasta and meat sauce ,hubby is going to meet Ashlyn at the school bus at 3.10
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I’m freaking really cold and I am inside. My red friend I guess visited today. I’m in lots of pain. I contacted mental health case manager Hayley I been not doing well and nothings been happening the way it should.which I had to admit over the phone. I asked her how do I ask for a new diagnosis spot. She said ask dr nadella on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a great little shopping spree at No Frills. $60.74 ( redeemed $60 in points and paid the .75 cash) so many good deals. Asparagus for $1.47 lb. Roast for $2.97 lb. ( Received pc pts for personal offer) Veggie tray with dip for $5. Large pepper grinder filled with pepper- figured use points instead of buying at Costco. 3lb potatoes for $1 Elbow macaroni expires 2021 for .35 cents. Keep my small stock pile ready. Tons of other things. Came home and made a homemade mac and cheese. Chicken fajitas for dinner. Cooking the chicken now. Will shred cheese and cook up a pepper/onion mix from freezer. Tomorrow will be roast beef ( cooking up 2 so we have leftovers) with mashed potatoes, gravy, asparagus. Broccoli and cauliflower from the veggie tray.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Feb 28th, 2020 at 04:14 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Love love the PC 3 pepper and onion frozen mix!!
    JadeAngel, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner cooked and in containers so everyone can make fahitas or/and mac and cheese when hungry. Of couse DS and his friend already dug in. Kitchen is clean ( DS washed all the dishes) they are drying on counter and i will put away later. I really need to clean bedroom.
    The freezer is really starting to have space. I cant wait till its empty so i can unplug it for a few months hopefully till late fall.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Feb 28th, 2020 at 05:28 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information