User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Does anyone do grocery shopping online?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i prefer to shop in person to avoid the hassle of what can & usually will go wrong. plus i can always send my son to pick up grocerys.
    JDI007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Finally got a spot at Walmart online grocery -saved about $25-30 from fortinos online,may try no frills by me online soon .As I don't wish to step into a store due to a health problem last month in march

Update:my fortinos order today was only out of one item"garlic bread" out of 50 items ,so that is great in itself
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 06:55 PM.
    JDI007 likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Locally we do not have a lot of options that offer Click and Collect groceries but I did notice a discussion on Facebook regarding this Click & Collect Groceries. The biggest complaint is most people are saying on a good week (really 2-weeks as the average wait in our area for a time slot is 9 to 14 days) that no one seems to get everything they order. Most say on average that they get about 1/2 of what they order.

The part that concerns me most is people have said, yes it defeats the purpose but because the only got half of what they ordered they go into the store because they cannot go a week or two with the groceries they got and are able to buy pretty much everything that was marked out of stock on their order.

Some people say it seems like they skip certain departments, some say they got no meat, other said they got no produce but once they went in they were able to buy everything from their order in the store.

Hopefully things get more consistent, but for now I think I will stick to my plan of trying to shop once a month at Costco.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.
    JDI007 likes this.
    Check out my Crochet Blog http://ashleysassycreations.weebly.com/ showing all my wonderful projects

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Locally we do not have a lot of options that offer Click and Collect groceries but I did notice a discussion on Facebook regarding this Click & Collect Groceries. The biggest complaint is most people are saying on a good week (really 2-weeks as the average wait in our area for a time slot is 9 to 14 days) that no one seems to get everything they order. Most say on average that they get about 1/2 of what they order.

The part that concerns me most is people have said, yes it defeats the purpose but because the only got half of what they ordered they go into the store because they cannot go a week or two with the groceries they got and are able to buy pretty much everything that was marked out of stock on their order.

Some people say it seems like they skip certain departments, some say they got no meat, other said they got no produce but once they went in they were able to buy everything from their order in the store.

Hopefully things get more consistent, but for now I think I will stick to my plan of trying to shop once a month at Costco.
    Keep in mind that social media and internet forums quite often make things look worse than they are, mainly because people are generally FAR more likely to report and complain about issues than they are to say that something worked like it should.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

For those that live a bit north of the city and are looking for a vegi place that is doing pick up orders, there is a place on Woodbine just south of Stouffville Side Road. My wife just picked up our first order a couple of days ago and it was done on time and every thing was exactly as ordered and the quality was as if she picked the order herself. We have been going to that location for years and even tho they are on the pricey side the vegies last a lot longer than the ones we normally purchase at grocery stores
    Last edited by Thatdone; Tue, Apr 28th, 2020 at 03:40 PM.
    JDI007 likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I understand that but I have also seen the same thing happen with my family who have tried click and collect shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Keep in mind that social media and internet forums quite often make things look worse than they are, mainly because people are generally FAR more likely to report and complain about issues than they are to say that something worked like it should.
    Check out my Crochet Blog http://ashleysassycreations.weebly.com/ showing all my wonderful projects

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's a good idea to compare different grocery delivery services to determine which one comes at a lower premium, but still maintains good quality service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information