User Tag List

Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    In QC, masks are still mandatory as well as keeping your distance wherever possible. In most restaurants, you have to sign in leaving your name and phone number in case of an outbreak. If restaurants are doing it, why dont grocery stores and big box store do it also. Ive seen some fully vaccinated people out and about not wearing masks. It doesnt make sense to me since a lot of people refuse to get the vaccine. It does worry me a bit even though weve been out and about a bit more. Theres a lot more i can say about all this but our next door neighbour refuses to get vaccinated because he says its a money grab. Others say they dont get the flu vaccine so why should they get this one. I dont know; i just dont know.
    Basically, what you're seeing is people who don't want to be vaccinated using weak rationalizations to self-justify their self-centered decisions not to be.
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Our next door neighbour , the unvaccinated one, is in the 18-39 age bracket; the ones that think they are invincible. I dont know his reasoning behind refusing to get vaccinated saying its a money grab by the pharmaceutical companies. He works in the construction field and i think once his boss requires vaccines, etc, he will probably get vaccinated. He cant afford not to. He is single and has a mortgage to pay and a new car.

We know another person who refused to get vaccinated or to wear a mask at work and he got fired! Now how can you be so stupid as to jeoperdize your job. His GF is fully vaccinated and wears a mask but he refused. There is no medical reason for him not to vaccinate or wear a mask,; its just plain stupidity.

Grocery shopping is still done first thing in the morning when the stores are opening. Farmers Market opens at 8:30 AM and i was there. I know i cant protect myself completely but i do what i can.
    Natalka, GoodBoy and HermanH like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our next door neighbour , the unvaccinated one, is in the 18-39 age bracket; the ones that think they are invincible. I dont know his reasoning behind refusing to get vaccinated saying its a money grab by the pharmaceutical companies.
    What if he is absolutely correct and it is a money grab by pharmaceutical companies?
    How does his refusal to vaccinate change things one iota now, or in the future?

We know another person who refused to get vaccinated or to wear a mask at work and he got fired!
    CTV News aired an interview with an employment lawyer who thinks that it is only a matter of time before there is a court challenge over this issue as wrongful dismissal. He said that there are companies already demanding vaccination as a requirement of continued employment or else requiring the unvaccinated to wear masks. Of course, the personal medical information of anyone wearing a mask is immediately exposed and is likely a contravention of privacy information.

I suspect that employers will simply fall back on the path of least legal exposure and just demand all employees wear masks all the time.

Then the vaccinated staff will whine and complain about how they must endure mask usage. (It is funny how masks were touted as a 'minor inconvenience' before vaccines were available, but will somehow become a 'major hindrance' if the practice is continued.) The same vocal advocates who demanded that 'everyone else wear a mask to protect them' will complain when they, themselves, are forced to wear masks to 'protect the privacy of everyone else.'

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sat, Jul 24th, 2021 at 11:22 PM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  sameboat.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  33.1 KB
    Skippy, walkonby, lilo0003 and 5 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Name:  your choice.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  76.0 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was hoping this would not happen, but summer camp with kids has a COVID outbreak. So about 350 kids won't be going to camp for at least 14 days
    https://globalnews.ca/news/8079289/m...ovid-outbreak/
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well DD and SIL got second vaccinated Saturday and DD was sick. No fever but she had mega diarrhea and was very fatigued; slept all day Sunday. Today is Tuesday and she went to work, feeling a bit better but still quite fatigued. SIL had nothing.

On another issue, what is the Alberta govt thinking. Ive heard that all restrictions have been lifted even though the Covid variant is spreading there. Peeps will go to AB on vacation and bring back infections. I hope QC closes its borders to AB peeps. We have enough infections here, we dont need more. Things are coming along great in QC and hopefully it stays that way.

One more thing to worry about. As of Aug 8th, Fully vacxed Americans can come here on vacation. Will it be safe: I dont know.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Tue, Aug 3rd, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
    Skippy, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not that I want to travel to the US (or anywhere right now to be honest). But I do not think it is right that Canada will be opening its borders and letting Americans in but the US will be keeping their borders closed and not letting Canadians in. I feel this should be a 2-way street
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not that I want to travel to the US (or anywhere right now to be honest). But I do not think it is right that Canada will be opening its borders and letting Americans in but the US will be keeping their borders closed and not letting Canadians in. I feel this should be a 2-way street
    Yes, it should be both ways. But right now Canada is doing better on gettin people shots than the US. Right now, some US states are kinda goin backwards--> hospital emergency rooms full in Texas, Florida COVID infections going up, and more younger people ending up in hospital.
    Skippy, walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

America is a sovereign nation, as is Canada. Both nations are able to make decisions in their own best interests, according to their elected officials and public health authorities. If we want America to show respect for Canadian decisions, we must show that same respect for American decisions, whether or not we agree.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

QC PM Legault will be announcing new health measures in the coming days. Lots of speculation going around on this. Some say it will be new back to school measures; others say it could be a tightening of restrictions once again. I know that Covid-19 variants are slowly creeping up here but right now we arent as bad as some places out west.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

As of Sept 1st the QC govt will be issuing vaccine passports to all double vacxers which will permit us to all non-essential services. Dont know what that would actually entail but im assuming restaurants, bars, cafes, theatres, etc. On July 27th QC had 53 covid cases and yesterday we were up to 303. I know this is the care in most provinces. Are we starting the 4th wave.
    walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As of Sept 1st the QC govt will be issuing vaccine passports to all double vacxers which will permit us to all non-essential services. Dont know what that would actually entail but im assuming restaurants, bars, cafes, theatres, etc. On July 27th QC had 53 covid cases and yesterday we were up to 303. I know this is the care in most provinces. Are we starting the 4th wave.
    I applaud your prov govt for doing that. I wish our Prov Govt in Ontario - the Fords Fool Party would do the same. They are such idiots in power here in Ontario, it is a wonder we got out of the first wave let alone waves 2 and 3 an more than likely wave 4. Idiot Ford and his morons in power. I think the only prov govt more stupid is the Ultimate Cockup Party in AB!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Aug 6th, 2021 at 05:43 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

link to petition for vaccine passports on change.org

https://www.change.org/p/federal-and...7-4de7fb8a07ad
    walkonby, SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SnowFlakey likes this.

Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information