User Tag List

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 what an awesome win.
    I took today as a vacation day. We have a 0 carry over policy and I have 5 weeks vacation so I have lots of 4 day weeks in my future. Our summer vacation to BC is cancelled and so it’s not likely we will go anywhere. Today is just a catch up day. DH and I walked to Starbucks to start the day. Holy heck my plain old coffee has jumped 45 cents since Covid. The money I have on my card has all been gifts but that’s crazy. Good thing my favourite is still McDonalds and it’s easy to collect free ones there.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

[QUOTE=lilo0003;7068072]@Angela273 what an awesome win.
    I took today as a vacation day. We have a 0 carry over policy and I have 5 weeks vacation so I have lots of 4 day weeks in my future. Our summer vacation to BC is cancelled and so it’s not likely we will go anywhere. Today is just a catch up day. DH and I walked to Starbucks to start the day. Holy heck my plain old coffee has jumped 45 cents since Covid. The money I have on my card has all been gifts but that’s crazy. Good thing my favourite is still McDonalds and it’s easy to collect free ones there.[/QUOTE

I have 8 weeks of time to book off but no plans to go anywhere . Glad we got away South in Feb. I guess I will have lots of 4 day weekends too. I booked a few days away with DS in a few weeks (quality time I do every year with him) but not sure what else to book off.
    And wow what an increase at Starbucks! I have won about 5 GC last year and plan to use them up but I dislike their coffee (I find it way too strong) so I usually try to go on a hot day for a strawberry frappachino or whatever it is called lol. High calorie but such a treat!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tomorrow is garbage day. Cleaning out the garage has added to the garbage. I put 2 bags in my mom's bin the other day (she had 0 in there so far) but I will have extra. Will just put the extra bags out beside the bin and hope they take it all! Recycling is piling up too!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am in the same boat although not as much vacation time. I think I took a few days last year but not all of the vacation time (I always find it hard to use it all unless we go on a family trip and then I usually go over). With this being said my Boss did talk to me about taking vacation this year and even actually being off and not still taking on certain tasks where I have no backup for.

Now with everything going on travel is unlikely even though we were just going to stay in Ontario and do a small road trip but that doesn't seem to be a possibility right now. I won't be staying in a hotel anytime soon.

Plus it is not like Mom gets many hours right now or that they would even question if she wanted a few days off but when they shut down due to Covid they paid out everyone's vacation so she has no vacation days left. So more than likely she would just go a week or two (depending what days we choose) with no hours.

Honestly, I think a lot of people are not sure what to do about vacation days, most people at work have cancelled theirs as they cannot travel. Some are hoping later in the year travel might be an option but for the most part right now especially for those working remotely spending vacation at home isn't exciting.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

An "off" day for me. Don't know why. Maybe I had bad dreams that I don't remember, but I just don't feel positive about anything. I need to write a column tonight in order to meet a deadline, but...I'm not sure it will be worth reading. That sounds like an express route to unemployment to me. And...lo' and behold...in writing the last sentence, I felt a twinge of inspiration to do a good job.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good day so far, I spent my morning focusing on catching up on emails and tackling those little tasks that aren't hard but kind of time consuming and pull away from other work. I got a ton of these little things done so I am happy with that.

I needed to take a break so I went to put the couch blankets in the washer only to discover I had put all of our reusable shopping bags in the washing machine (but did not turn on it) to be washed later. Last time we went shopping they had just cut our grass and some bags were put down and had grass all over them so I decided to wash them all. So instead I washed our reusable bags and then put the couch blankets in the washer. They are now all in the dryer.

I also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I did the few hand dishes we had and scrubbed down all the counter so the kitchen is nice and clean, I just need to tackle the floor. I really should wash down the floors but not sure I will get that done today so I will be happy to just get them swept today and probably wash them down on the weekend when I have more time.

Tonight Dinner will be Zuchinni Lasgna Roll-Ups, I forgot how much I loved meal prepping and the fact that it makes dinners during the week so easy. I just need to add some cheese and heat in the oven. Then I just need to make Cheesy Garlic Naan which will go in the oven well the Zuchinni heats up. Then using the lettuce I chopped up on the weekend I will also make a Cesar Salad, dinner will be ready will minimal effort, yippee
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed a break so went to the garage and grabbed one box to post for sale. I think I need to do it this way. Post as I go. Let what sells sell and then I can regroup after and post as a new larger lot if needed. This was a box of knitting and crochet books and magazine. I use to sell them on Ebay and made a killing. My new kitchen flooring makes an amazing back drop. My pictures look so professional

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did one load of laundry. Hung it all out to dry on hangers so I just have to hang right in the closet when dry. Socks and underwear on laundry basket drying .

Have a $20 sale coming right now. Cash for the envelope! And a big headboard out of my garage
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

congrats angela -nice win

Supper tonight a steak ,baked potatoes and peas .yummm ,steak was a splurge from sobeys ,cant wait .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got called into a last minute meeting, it was just a team meeting, nothing to formal.

When the meeting was over I decided to take a break so I swept the whole main floor, only thing was normally I would vaccum the mat at our front door but the vaccum is in pieces as I needed to wash the filter. After I finished all the rooms on the main floor I washed the filter but you have to let it sit at least 24 hours before you put it back in the vaccum. I thought about mopping the floors to since everything has been swept but it is a work day and I needed to deal with something.

The couch blankets are back on the couch and all reuseable bags have been folded and are ready for next shopping trip.

I realized after our last trip I shorted myself 1 bag of milk, I meant to buy 3, but some how only bought 2. You cannot take carts into the cooler section at Costco right now and I thought on my first trip in I had 2 bags so went back in for 1 more plus a bag of homogonized, I decided against the homogonized so just grabbed 1 more bag. I was hopeful if we were careful we could still make it the month without a smaller mid month shop but now with 2 leaking bags 1 of which has been turned into Mac and Cheese I think we will need a mid month shop for Milk and maybe a few fresh items if they are on sale.

I may need to spend some time with my budget, I know we are over on our grocery budget but I know I have money in other areas we are not spending so we are still coming out ahead with money being set aside. But I want to take a look at the numbers and maybe look at some smaller items to buy for the house. We need to get back on track with our plans for the main floor as it will give us more space to work especially since I won't be back in the office anytime soon.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

any update with covid if compagnies still send coupons??? Witch one thanks!
    So far I am waiting on my chapmans for months,and dr oetker dont send coupons but i see them often in fb trading groups so I dont understand that...
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My insurance company sent me a $28 refund on my car insurance because of covid19. They are still making a fortune on premiums while we all stay home.

Heat warning for the next two days in Ontario.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

middle child mowed today. heat for 2 days. sigh. should be interesting. Hubby has to take my mom to the bank on Thursday. should be interesting she hasnt been out of the house since .... mid march...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273 Congrats on the iPad win. I've enter a lot of iPad contests with no luck. As for Amazon...Air Fryer? They are the newest rage. We bought one during isolation. DH likes making fries and drowning them in oil. We don't have a deep fryer and he was doing stove top frying and gave himself a second degree burn on his hand. So healthier and safer option when he is cooking to his tastes for us all. You would need a family or XL size.
    @Frugalbigmama You may be inspiring me to see what I can sell. Normal I just give away and trust in a pay-it-forward manner BUT maybe I could put some extra cash into the RESP. We donate regularly so don't have tons, but there is also lots collecting "dust."

Since I wrote reports all weekend and our principal gave us permission to use our two half days for report card writing as lieu days, I took the afternoon off. We picked up the kids belongings at school and then went swimming at SIL.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So I order kibbles and bits and wasn't sure how big it was going to be..Name:  20200609_031505.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  329.0 KB

I went to pick up a parcel was mighty pissed off they didnt have it at shoppers. I'm getting sick of their stupid answers and how ed they are.

I picked up an air purifier on amazon I like it I don't cough as much in my house. So it must be working.

I just took out my amazon cardboard and garbage.

I'm going to try to go back to sleep.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information