User Tag List

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well tonight for dinner we tried the Beyond Meat Ground that we got free (2 of them actually) and just did not like it. Have given the second to a vegan neighbour.

This afternoon was another cleaning day. Did the dining room and music room today. Really needed the clean and got on my hands and knees and cleaned the floors - was harder than I thought it would be but looks amazing so am very happy I did it. Now everything has been cleaned at least once in the past couple of weeks and the cycle continues and will be easier now that the hard cleaning is done.

Hope all are doing well out there!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Went into the branch and worked with the New Hire, thing are going well there. Also chatting with my Boss and Production dealt with a few issues and got home right around 2:30 which was good. Got caught on most of the stuff that came in from today, a few small things and one big thing have been placed on tomorrow's to do list.

Last night I started to make a standing to do list for things that need to be done around the house. I know some may find this funny but I just find having a list and being able to see what I have done and what I still need to do really helps me to stay focus and to not get overwhelmed.

I have really been trying to work on myself and finding balance . I have come to notice that I tend to be someone who is all or nothing, either I do it all and keep going till I crash or I do nothing for various reasons. But I have come to see if I have a list even if I cannot get everything done seeing in visually helps me prioritize but also help me to work through it. There is something for me about visually seeing just seems to help.

Tonight for dinner Mom made Asian BBQ Pork Chops, Garlic Roasted Potatoes & Corn.

Tomorrow I will work from home so hopefully I can take a few small breaks get a couple things done and it will just be a bit of a catch up day.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ordered a few things for Costco online, as well as Giant Tiger as they had free shipping 🙂

I too am avoiding Amazon. I noticed some ebay listings are in fact Amazon, as I was sent the wrong product in a Amazon envelope/label which is annoying.

I read today that Naturalizer is closing its' stores in Canada and The Bay is not paying their rent. Concerned as I'm not a fan of Walmart, and I like variety when shopping. I have lost track of how many things are now made in China. I frequently will put made in China and PRC (people's republic of china) back on the shelf.

I spent my Neilson Homescan $100 visa win on pet food. Had planned to use it on groceries but wanted good quality food for my cats. Debating whether or not to adopt a 4th cat (I know cat lady in the making), as most rescue dogs have a strong prey drive. A dog would get me out walking but I don't want a puppy.

Does anyone know where I can buy cotton sweaters? All I see are polyester, which makes my skin itch.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 , I was actually just talking to Mom that I do not see the Bay coming out of Covid well. Between not paying their rent and some malls already evicting them and then their Downtown store has decided to stay open during the Toronto Lockdown as they say they exempt in this location as they offer a market in their store. By staying open I am not sure they are getting the attention they wanted from staying open.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up to snow again, not a lot but still snow. Luckily I am working from home today so other than a brief stint I did working at the Dining Room table (my home office) I will spend the day on the couch curled up in a blanket doing my work.

I was in bed early again last night, I went to bed around 8 pm but didn't fall asleep until around 9 pm. I am still struggling to sleep through the night, I keep waking up at odd hours, last night I think it was 11 pm or Midnight (it was a haze when I looked at the clock). I did sleep until almost 7 am again this morning.

I do feel like I am lacking focus today, I am not sure why but finding it hard to keep focus on my work but I am pushing through. All of the little stuff from yesterday I put on today's to do list has been done now on to the bigger item.

Around lunch time I will take a break and walk away from my laptop and see if that helps. Plus I have a meeting at 3:30 this afternoon now so I will try to get a couple things done at lunch as not sure what time I will finish work tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Got everything on my work to do list done and my meeting was quick only went to 4 pm.

After I was done work I finally tackled the hallway which is where I put everything from our Costco Shop that needed to be put in the bathroom. I also had some stuff set aside in the hallway that I needed find a home for in the Bathroom. Everything that had a home has now been put away and everything that did not have a home now does. I think there is still some tweaking to be done to the Bathroom Closet but for the time being everything is put away and organized but I think if I tweak a few things I can make even more room.

I also cleaned the bathroom except I did not do the floors, that will have to be a job for another day as my boss called and needed me to look over a spreadsheet.

Dinner with the Ground Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili I made on the weekend with the Cornbread I also made on the weekend.

That is about it for me today, it will be time for bed soon, I am feeling better but still tired so I am just going to go with it and try to get some extra sleep.

Have a great night everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Dont forget to save your p.c offers tonight.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all...
    sorry i have been mia... busy week.. and i am a bit overwhelmed.....
    hubby is working late tonight, so i gave the kitchen a good clean. and brought up another Holiday bin for the daycare rooms.... i found some of the crafts. i will need a nother dollerama run.. but will prob do a local store one... i am avoiding alot of places right now.

my new system for grocery shopping is working out welll.

and thats pretty much it.
    not black friday shopping..... i will hit sdm for a few things, and some sale stuff..... but pretty solid other wise.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@flemeth you were correct. The points came through, once they saw the receipt and the screen shots it was clear I was correct. I rarely accumulate so many so this was a good week as SDM had the other video game DS2 wanted and I received a 20x offer for Monday so that was another 22000 PCO. I don’t plan to take part in the redemption this weekend and electronics always sell fast so buying early made sense. I had another FB sale for something I assumed had no value and DH listed for 50.00 and it was gone within 2 days.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was up early this morning, woke up wide awake around 5:30 although I did not actually get up until just after 6.

Already cleared a few things off my work to do list which is nice. Actually it was a couple of large items I needed to get done today so to have them out of the way is nice.

I may run to the store today to grab Milk & Mushrooms. I will check the flyer and see if there is anything on sale I want to grab well I am there. I saw No Frills has Pork Loins on sale, normally I am not a big pork eater but I have found a few Slow Cooker recipes where you cook a whole Pork Loin Roast in the Slow Cooker that look good so maybe I will grab one. We will see, I am really enjoying using our Slow Cooker more lately, it just seems to make dinner so much easier even though we are home.

I find working from home has made me see a few things I find funny. One I am way better at eating 3 meals a day when I go to the office, I am horrible at eating when I am at home (working on this) and two even though we are home and can cook we use the Slow Cooker and Instant Pot more now.

Alright time to get back at it. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and crafter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Tons of pick ups arranged today! 2 are on their way now.
    Have a massage and pedicure today. A me day.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! It's misty around here as the Bay slowly cools down. I brought a shopping bag with me to the mailbox as it's flyer/local paper day. No flyers yet so I notified my couponing buddy down the street so it'll be his turn to try next. Once we've browsed the flyers (yes I peak early on SC), I call him and his wife and we chat about the best deals. I rec'd my Cavendish and Kelloggs fpcs which was exciting for sure.
    I think I'll go out for a few items from SDM later today. Our SDM is absolutely packed on seniors day mornings. I find that by 4-5 pm, the store is almost empty. It's great to save 20% on milk for sure. I am very tempted to pop over to Independent Grocers for the 40,000 pts wus $100 on general merchandise. I'm just a little leary about exactly what qualifies.
    Have a super day!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Im thankful for hot water. I think my boys will be to after a few cold showers they each had to have.
    I sat in the garage for a bit with a coffee and posted 2 things for sale.
    I need to go to the bank so think i will do that now and take a walk downtown.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
    Did you scrap the old tank or leave it at the curb for someone else to haul away? My brother had our old one at the curb and someone picked it up within a few hours and put it into their truck!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Ordered a few things for Costco online, as well as Giant Tiger as they had free shipping 

I too am avoiding Amazon. I noticed some ebay listings are in fact Amazon, as I was sent the wrong product in a Amazon envelope/label which is annoying.

I read today that Naturalizer is closing its' stores in Canada and The Bay is not paying their rent. Concerned as I'm not a fan of Walmart, and I like variety when shopping. I have lost track of how many things are now made in China. I frequently will put made in China and PRC (people's republic of china) back on the shelf.

I spent my Neilson Homescan $100 visa win on pet food. Had planned to use it on groceries but wanted good quality food for my cats. Debating whether or not to adopt a 4th cat (I know cat lady in the making), as most rescue dogs have a strong prey drive. A dog would get me out walking but I don't want a puppy.

Does anyone know where I can buy cotton sweaters? All I see are polyester, which makes my skin itch.
    Try Uniqlo. There's a new Uniqlo X marimekko collection on sale as of today. Their flannel shirt with blue flowers is a rayon/cotton blend. Check their basics too.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Very misty/foggy here today too.
    My 3rd pick up is on her way.
    Need to clean out my purse and hopefully find my Visa that i just had replaced! Geez obe of those weeks.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information