User Tag List

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally have my winter tires on. Was the perfect sunny day for that.
    Dinner tonight. Vegetarian taco salad.
    Have everything needed just going to grab .more lettuce at GT on way to pick up DS at work.

Looking forward to watching a movie later with my honey.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I am working tonight. Nights are the best work times for me because the house is quiet, and there are few distractions...other than the dogs and my cat who seem to think nighttime is *their* time too.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had a nice today. Christmas lights up outside, we did some indoor light cleaning but I got caught up on deep dusting and vacuuming in our bedroom. Where did all the dust come from?
    I'm proactively thinking about goals for next year. My Mom had a Molly Maid savings account for years. Many of her friends had cleaning services and she decided to do the cleaning herself and bank the savings. It amounted to quite a bit over the years in mutual funds.
    Some neighbours use cleaning services but we clean ourselves which can sometimes be brutal on the back and knees. I'm thinking of starting another savings category (called home). I don't think we can put the full amount of a cleaning service that people use bi-weekly but even if I put away $50 every 2 weeks for doing our OWN cleaning. It might help us save for a big goal of mine..to get the basement outside walls framed and drywalled.
    For that matter, I think it might work to track a similar account for DH, whenever we wash and detail our car at home versus a car wash. I'll chat with DH, it's not like we're going to be washing a car soon.
    Enjoy your Sunday evening!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all... i got lots done today. feel good about that.

i could use another day off to really get what i want done. but that is not happening....lol. so i will write out a todo list. lol.
    day by day.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@crafter that’s a really good idea. I have actually decided to go back to having a cleaning service after years without one. The kids help but we never really get the cobwebs and the dust so I am starting with 2x a month. So my calm day ended up not being so. I have finally dealt with my grandmothers hope chest that has sat in my laundry room for 20 years. Emptied it out and posted on a give away sight and it was gone in an hour. It feels good to do that because it’s been on my list for months.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Look like a lazy day for me, I was off Friday so managed to get lots done. We are starting to see lines again, I am sure because both regions in lockdown are within driving distance. I thought for sure we would be put into lockdown as well but looks like we have another week of reprieve. Apparently our mall was a madhouse yesterday. I had an Indigo order arrive at the store and there was 30 people in line and it’s a tiny store so that would take ages. Thankfully they had a line just for pick up. I have a few things left to be delivered. I am very happy we now have the Ring doorbell because as soon as a package arrives we can grab it. There has been a lot of theft again this year. @Angela273 wishing for a speedy recovery for your cousin.
    I was impressed by Amazon. They delivered to my back door without me asking. I noticed the drivers usually have a passenger, as theft is an issue.

The Burlington Indigo had a line up too yesterday.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    I am working tonight. Nights are the best work times for me because the house is quiet, and there are few distractions...other than the dogs and my cat who seem to think nighttime is *their* time too.
    My cats are like that - night time is play time for them. Weird things get knocked over to be found in the morning.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Crisp out there!!

Today is a busy work day. Tomorrow I hope to get stuff done in the morning. I have a massage booked in the afternoon
    Have a few vacation days to use up in the next 2 weeks. Can't believe we are almost at end of the year.
    January will be a no spend month and see how much I can sell and start our 2021 fun jar.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$15 porch pick up arranged for this afternoon. I am motivated!!
    wendymac, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have a $3.00 sale tonight for my daughter-in-law(gee these like new toys are being picked up)

Frugalbigmama isnt it great we dont have to see the people during covid ,except the other day i didnt want to put my puzzles out in the rain ,so she rang the door bell and stepped down and i sat them out .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I have a $3.00 sale tonight for my daughter-in-law(gee these like new toys are being picked up)

Frugalbigmama isnt it great we dont have to see the people during covid ,except the other day i didnt want to put my puzzles out in the rain ,so she rang the door bell and stepped down and i sat them out .
    Yes I love it! I really hope to post lots for sale tomorrow since I am working from home the next 2 weeks. And since the roads are dry and weather is fine for the rest of the week I should take advantage of it!
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was dealing with a pile of clothing from my closet this morning and I was just honest and went through stuff and tossed garbage and folded a huge pile of stuff to get rid of. I will get a bin and put it all in and to the garage it goes for the Spring garage sale (summer clothing) I am motivated to really get rid of anything I haven't touched in the last year and it will be lots. Enough is enough!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Asked hubby to pick up my pictures at walmart (xmas ones of sebastian) 5 free -well nope as he said the lineup was all around the building .

Oh well .Idecided to wrap and do a little more of my puzzle .My p'j's bottoms -nice for 10.00 came from joe fresh
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening! I'm tired but a good tired.
    We were going to start painting our bathroom and then we decided nope, we need to clean everything really well first. Our house gets super dusty, it drives me crazy. We took down the curtains in our bedroom and bathroom, washed them, fully cleaned the windows and trim and caulked around the edges. We then washed the duvet, cover, sheet and vaccumed the mattress. I ran out of steam for a full floor and baseboard wash so that will have to happen tomorrow. It's hard to figure out where to put the bed when cleaning lol. I tried to clean a bit of the wall but it's tough. It's a chalky kind of paint, does anyone have suggestions on how to clean the walls fast and efficiently.
    Have a great evening everyone!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Crafter now sure if it will work on chalky kind of paint but I do the walls and ceiling in our Bathroom with a Swiffer Wet Cloth. Then I spot clean the tough areas like the wall behind the mirror which ends up with hairspray on it.
    barbis9, Ciel and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information