User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

speedy recovery for your cousin angela

My older brother is in the hospital -and they are doing tests .He is 74 ,could be his heart .

My son just brought us our like new swivel lazy boy chair ,so comfy .So decided to bring anotherr chair into our family room ,and move the lazy boy we bought that is 2 years old into the main room -all in all it gives me one more seat in our t.v room .Not that any company is coming thats for sure .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to SDM and grabbed $1.99 x 2 butter $1.29 x 2 Wonder bread and $1.99 x 2 Eggs and then left. No deals to do the 20x the points for me.

GT was a mad house. huge line (was my own fault for going at that time but I wanted to get home and not go back out) Grabbed a housecoat for DS (his request last night) so I at least have something to wrap. Can be returned so I will keep looking for one in case I find a better one.Have the boys stocking stuffers sorted and ready to wrap them (I like to wrap them all so they have lots to unwrap and then getting a cheque doesn't seem so bad as the big gift this year )

Kitchen is spotless. Have laundry on the go. Put up Christmas sticker/decorations up in the diningroom window at the front (our diningroom is all windows at the front and back and some windows on one side as it was an addition.(its very bright which makes it the perfect room to work from home from) Think I will put up some twinkle lights up in the windows this year too.

Now I think I will heat up leftovers for lunch.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    One of my first cousins in Saskatoon is Covid positive. He’s in his early 20’s.
    @Angela 373 praying for a fast recovery of your cousin

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hello everyone.
    @Angela273 Wishing your cousin a speedy recovery. My BIL was positive with no symptoms...apparently they aren't calling them false positives even with a second negative test. Hope his case is a mild one.

We saw BIL's family again today (first time since Halloween), they are out of quarantine. It was our Christmas get together for the kids. Auntie and Uncle took them to the mall to do Build-a-Bear and play back at the house (wore masks in the car and had air purifier going in the house - I sent the portable one we bought). DH and I had our first kidless time since August (me especially since I work with children). It was nice. I cleaned the house because our cleaner cancelled last week due to Shingles.

Now cuddled on the couch watching movies. We might go look at Christmas lights tonight...maybe tomorrow instead if we are still feeling cuddly.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Dec 5th, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Long productive day but am feeling it now.

We emptied the freezer, defrosted it, and reorganized it. The defrosting part went quickly but the reorganizing and putting everything back seem to take forever.

Came across a few surprises, we do not have as much pork as I thought we did, although we have more chicken breasts than I thought. We have a ton of Walnuts which is weird as we do not use a lot of walnuts.

We also found a few things that need to be used up so I will plan our dinners around what we pulled from the freezer. Tomorrow night we will be making a ham, even though I took the Ham out I feel like I did not gain a lot of room where I keep bulky meats, but it is what it is. I gained more room in other areas. I now have full confidence that any frozen Fruit or Veg I stock up on I can fit int he freeze. Might not be organized exactly as I would like after out shop but I will be confident in our supply on hand.

Happy to have it done but between scrubbing down the kitchen and cleaning the freezer I am feeling it now. The rest of the night will be spent relaxing on the couch meal planning for next week, planning my Christmas Gifts and writing a shopping list.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been unseasonably warm where I live. It’s melting outside and you can see the grass on our entire front lawn. I’ve been taking our kids on walks after supper to check out the Christmas lights. Managed to do it 2-3 nights per week. It’s good to get some exercise, family time, fresh air, and Christmas cheer.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela--- prayers

ok. . busy busy day. but very productive... picked up special dog meds. i have a decent stash now for my older puppy, quick run in c tire... picked up a few odds and ends... stuff to get the house fixed a bit , in case we hit shut down . rcss for my mom, and me... picked up alot of christmas odds and ends... still need a few things for chex mix...
    i am trying a new skin care regime ... i picked that up at shoppers ( 20x points) and .. got gcs needed for the last 2 christmas gifts.

i started to work on the family room... i would like to set up the Christmas tree soon.....
    i need SassyAshley to come clean my kitchen.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Went for a walk this morning .
    I baked sugar cookies yesterday. Kitchen needs to clean and utensils needs to be put away. Laundry is on the go. since everyone is asleep aI will have a cup of tea and ready
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sounds like a perfect start to the day @flemeth .
    I too went for an early walk, it was crisp outside but refreshing. I dropped by the mailbox which was full of some goodies.
    I'm hoping we can focus on cleaning our indoor lights today. It's something we missed during fall cleaning and it will make things brighter during the dark days of winter.
    Have some more xmas cards to send out and towels and bedding to wash. I'm going to try using Borax as a detergent booster.
    Have a great day all!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

crafter.... i use borax all the time. i am allergic to bleach. i find borax works fab. sometimes i add washing soda as well....
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. plan for the day...
    continue to work on the family room.
    I may do a quick trip to home hardwear... maybe.. its local. just checked... nope its closed....

ok.. i need to do up the Christmas cards, and get them ready to mail out
    do some daycare prep.
    spotless the kitchen ... vac the hallway upstairs.

hubby is going to fiddle with the lights outside... should be a good day.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Cleaned and reorganized the deep freeze, cleaned the kitchen except for the floor which I will do later. Laundry is caught up so later will go outside and make up the Christmas planter for the front of the house. ( Did Christmas planters with DD on Friday). Here is the finished planter.Name:  20201206_120913.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  269.8 KB
    Last edited by Tweets77; Mon, Dec 7th, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Going to be more of a relaxed day today. I need a bit of a break.

Remembered that I forgot to write the production schedule for work so I did that well I drank my tea this morning.

Laundry is going. Had to tidy up the basement a bit before I could do laundry as we left the cooler and totes in the Laundry room with their lids off to dry over night. Everything has now been moved back to regular home. Some how we gained space in our Laundry so for the time being I was able to move our Christmas Tree (still in the box, we are not setting it up this year) into the Laundry which makes me happy as it was partially blocking our freezer before.

We took a Ham out of the freezer to make more space so tonight's dinner will be:
    Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
    Mashed Potatoes
    Parmesan topped Zucchini
    Carrot & Bean Medley

I did not get our meal plan done last night so I will tackle that today. I already know a couple of meals we are making as we pulled some items that had lost their vacuum seal yesterday. As well I will write out shopping list, a few things changed now that we cleaned the freeze which will change what we buy on this shop.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went to NF and then directly to WM this morning. I went early and it took me 1hr 15min from start to finish.

$12.57 in coupons.
    $10 redeemed in points.
    SCOPed $6 pecan pie.
    $16.50 CO51.
    $0.50 Eclipsa.

My local NF finally had coupons at the tills again.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Dec 6th, 2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Look like a lazy day for me, I was off Friday so managed to get lots done. We are starting to see lines again, I am sure because both regions in lockdown are within driving distance. I thought for sure we would be put into lockdown as well but looks like we have another week of reprieve. Apparently our mall was a madhouse yesterday. I had an Indigo order arrive at the store and there was 30 people in line and it’s a tiny store so that would take ages. Thankfully they had a line just for pick up. I have a few things left to be delivered. I am very happy we now have the Ring doorbell because as soon as a package arrives we can grab it. There has been a lot of theft again this year. @Angela273 wishing for a speedy recovery for your cousin.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information